Fluorine

Charli XCX

What’s a good entry point for Charli’s music? I’m at a point where I’m going to introduce her to a friend. He’s into a lot of punk-based music I like, but also likes electronic stuff as well.

Also, back in the Sucker days I had friends that knew of Charli but they “weren’t really into much of her stuff” at the time. So in this case, what’s a good re-entry point? lol

Vroom Vroom EP got me hooked on her :)

What’s a good entry point for Charli’s music? I’m at a point where I’m going to introduce her to a friend. He’s into a lot of punk-based music I like, but also likes electronic stuff as well.

Also, back in the Sucker days I had friends that knew of Charli but they “weren’t really into much of her stuff” at the time. So in this case, what’s a good re-entry point? lol

I think Gone is a good entry to her right now or maybe Unlock It/GNO for a more general xcx vibe

Sorry to ruin the song for y’all but everytime i listen to Taxi all i hear is “pour urine over your head”...

love not being a native

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5epJ_J8XW4

Why does the intro to this sound like Taxi...

it's just the rhythm

you can hear it here too

I only knew Boom Clap before Vroom Vroom :defeated: Then I went back through her older songs and fell in love

I knew Boom Clap and Fancy before I knew who Charli was... really liked the songs too, kinda felt a unique energy and quality about them, but had no idea who sang them. Then I randomly caught Charli on SNL right around the time Sucker was releasing, and I NEVER watch(ed) SNL... so it was pretty funny... like some weird twist of fate or something lol, but I was able to kinda put those songs to a face and persona after that, and then I ended up buying Sucker later that night, on a whim...

I didn't choose the XCX life, the XCX life chose me... :defeated: :defeated: It was like, all along, I was meant to stan. :toofunny: