Fluorine

Charli XCX

To be fair I can listen to sucker as it’s own body of work, it’s seems so detached from who she is now it’s almost like listening to a completely different artist

This is a reach lol..

Honestly if Sucker didn't have those "Edgy tween" lyrics (I don't wanna go to school, i just wanna break the rules...) I feel like it would be way more appreciated in this fandom, because if you're in the mood for cheesy 90s teen movie soundtrack (Jawbreaker, Clueless,...), this album is really great

Break the Rules is such a tragedy because it would have been such a great song to revisit nowadays if she hadn't been singing "I don't wanna go to school!" at an age where she would have been almost post college-aged. Who thought that would be an appropriate choice?!

Part of me wishes that they had let Charli do a Sucker mixtape without label input and in its most Charli form meanwhile XCX2 would have been top 40-formulated/Fancy-cloned tracks. But ultimately I'm so grateful the way things worked out because I feel that life would be so different without Charli doing Sucker and subsequently working with SOPHIE.

found yalls sugar daddy

“It feels as though it’s an artist sort of doing her thing in her underpants and just going totally for it and expressing herself.” 

:lmao:

I am a proud lover of Sucker, I look at it for what it is. There are sooo many bops. I spin Doing It & title track daily. Also feel like Caught In The Middle is so under appreciated

Break the Rules is such a tragedy because it would have been such a great song to revisit nowadays if she hadn't been singing "I don't wanna go to school!" at an age where she would have been almost post college-aged. Who thought that would be an appropriate choice?!

Part of me wishes that they had let Charli do a Sucker mixtape without label input and in its most Charli form meanwhile XCX2 would have been top 40-formulated/Fancy-cloned tracks. But ultimately I'm so grateful the way things worked out because I feel that life would be so different without Charli doing Sucker and subsequently working with SOPHIE.

we would have the album with jack antonoff tho

giphy.gif

Idk why I still mention them here anymore but Nasty Cherry's new single is produced by Dylan Brady. I suggest y'all give it a listen

It's slightly reductive after the "Ringtone" remix and what we have on HIFN, but it's better than most of their other stuff.