Fluorine

Charli XCX

bit late to the trend ( been offline for a bit ) but I discovered charles through this :

when she only had nuclear seasons / you're the one out. True Romance was my senior year of high school / first year of art uni.

I also have a distinct memory of a friend burning heartbreaks and super ultra onto cds to give to me before I went on vacation to viêt nam

i just read an article that said that hearing is the last sense to go before you die

so ladies, what song would you want to hear before you die and why is it the last 30 seconds of click?

visions outro ascends

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

Does anyone remember how they first got into Charli? I remember Just Desserts coming out and then I really got into True Romance and then Fancy came out, then she brought out Sucker and I kinda lost interest and then a guy I was on a date with showed me her performing songs like Bounce and No Angel live and I was like wtf is this and a demo of Trophy leaked and that was that

yasss was just planning on introducing myself with this very lil anecdote.

i'm jasmine, hi! really love various kinda of music, mostly different flavors of pop. anything female fronted or fem presenting is usually something i can get into. took me a long time to understand albums and eras as a thing bc i had interest in so many different genres of music growing up. it's still a little difficult to keep up especially considering my inclination and tendency to listen to my faves over and over again, putting off new music. around 2014 i buckled down and began to care about albums as a whole, and in mid 2017 discovered the world of live bootlegs, fanmade cover art, and leaked unreleased songs and demos. it's pretty much consumed my hobby-time, having full discographies of my faves. even if i don't listen to every single thing, if it exists, i have it.

i heard Boom Clap and I Love It and Fancy more or less when they were released. i thought Charli was the new wave of popstar that was just NOT for my generation, i was convinced i'd be too old to enjoy her, even tho i'm a pretty...immature 28 as of this writing haha. she was just too cool, and i was just phasing out of my partying too hard days. weirdly enough, my pop tastes got a little younger and definitely more experimental, just not much Charli. in 2017, Taylor dropped reputation and i went on a girlpower binge and basically deleted all men from my phone in order to make room to listen to more female/fem presenting pop. it was just an energy i realized i enjoyed more.

i tossed away all preconceived notions about any modern pop stars (i'll be real, i haven't given fair indepth listens to the women of the 80s like Madonna yet), and dove into Bea Miller, Ariana, Allie X, Ängie, Selena Gomez, Natalia Kills, Qveen Herby, Poppy...the list goes on and on.

i took a vacation in December 2017 so that i could be home the entire week Taylor's verified fans were able to purchase reptour tickets. we had done so much work that we ended up being able to purchase tickets the first day, second cycle. the whole process was so traumatizing that i don't remember the exact day i tapped into Pop 2, most specifically Porsche. idk what it is about that song. i'm sure someday i'll be able to articulate my love for it.

by the time Taylor announced Charli as one of her opening acts, i had listened to almost everything she'd put out, and full on screamed. she didn't play many deep tracks, as we all know. i was hoping for Drugs or Secret or Trophy. 5 in the morning was a pretty fantastic consolation prize, and i even loved all the remixes.

shortly after my show, i believe we experienced xcxmas, which was incredibly xcxciting haha. her unreleased leaks are far better than most artists, with a couple exceptions (Beach Hut In Hawaii should have never ever ever ever seen the light of any day, good god).

i've recently been working on my xcxcollection organization the last few months, first on my portable harddrive and now a little bit on iTunes. i've purchased everything i legally can and some of the stuff unavailable, i downloaded. i'm missing a few remixes but the officially released music collection is nearly complete. now that it is i was thinking of listening to her whole discography the entire way through and reviewing every single track, while trying to figure out how to organize my unreleased/demos/live Charli collection.

that being said, i have some questions for you longtime fans...

i know this has been asked a million times but how do you guys organize your unreleased stuff? i downloaded the mega link of it all organized by year so there's that option but I also like the fanmade XCX World album and other such compilations. do you have the demo of say 1999 with the remix ep or did you put it in a Charli - Demos album/ep? feel free to message me pics if you don't wanna repost here, i know this has been asked a lot but i'm really obsessive and therefor struggling haha.

secondly, does anyone have any HQ live Charli audio with or without cover art? i know there's still the full Pop 2 show stream up on her youtube, has anyone split that and given it art? i have plans to if not, but i'd really love to avoid the work haha. also same with the Pitchfork performance. if anyone has anything live i'd love to have it and i'd be happy to share anything i have (including other artists, just lmk what you're looking for :) ).

The 2099 outro on Live at Emo's.... we ascending

her lights when she did the outro live was insaneeeeee. i wish i got it on camera. it was like some blue and green strobe lights flashing that made it look like she was underwater and she was doing some weird ass dance moves. sexy alien vibes. literally obsessed

i know this has been asked a million times but how do you guys organize your unreleased stuff? i downloaded the mega link of it all organized by year so there's that option but I also like the fanmade XCX World album and other such compilations. do you have the demo of say 1999 with the remix ep or did you put it in a Charli - Demos album/ep? feel free to message me pics if you don't wanna repost here, i know this has been asked a lot but i'm really obsessive and therefor struggling haha.

I made a "Demos, B-Sides, Edits & Remixes" album for each album she released (And also one for XCX World). I also have an album of EDM songs she did (For exemple Rrring, Painkiller,...) and one of songs that feel more "normal" than her usual sound (Issues, Our Boyfriend,...) as they don't sound like any album she released

Also I delete the songs I don't listen to, so each of these albums are not more than 30 tracks

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

I made a "Demos, B-Sides, Edits & Remixes" album for each album she released (And also one for XCX World). I also have an album of EDM songs she did (For exemple Rrring, Painkiller,...) and one of songs that feel more "normal" than her usual sound (Issues, Our Boyfriend,...) as they don't sound like any album she released

Also I delete the songs I don't listen to, so each of these albums are not more than 30 tracks

i like those ideas a lot! right now i have literally everything that didn't get an official release in one huge album and it kinda hurts to look at, it's just so ugly... my only issue with some of your suggestions is that some stuff i'd group together was recorded different years...gah!! it's a lil stressful being a digital audiophile haha. i'm also thinking of adding songs that she has writing credits on to my Charli collection, so like Charli: the Camila Collection, and it'd be OMG and Seniorita. somethin like that.

Does anyone have umru's remix of Click he played in a set a couple of weeks ago?

a few weeks ago someone posted a link of recent leaks by year, and the Click umru remix is in there somewhere. if you can't locate it by the time i get home from work later, i can send it to you :) private message me if you can't find it

a few weeks ago someone posted a link of recent leaks by year, and the Click umru remix is in there somewhere. if you can't locate it by the time i get home from work later, i can send it to you :) private message me if you can't find it

Thank you so much!

Also, I was listening to the files from the live album at Emo's and the featured artists tags were missing. Can someone pls corroborate they are okay? Or is anyone still missing? February 2017 is missing Clairo's vocals and Yaeji's outro as well so I didn't tag them. The same happened with Shake It in which Pabllo's part was cut for the live performance. Anddd, I'm not sure if Sky's voice can be heard on Cross You Out so yeah...

Screen-Shot-2020-07-13-at-1-05-28-PM.png

Also, I was listening to the files from the live album at Emo's and the featured artists tags were missing. Can someone pls corroborate they are okay? Or is anyone still missing? February 2017 is missing Clairo's vocals and Yaeji's outro as well so I didn't tag them. The same happened with Shake It in which Pabllo's part was cut for the live performance. Anddd, I'm not sure if Sky's voice can be heard on Cross You Out so yeah...

Screen-Shot-2020-07-13-at-1-05-28-PM.png

I personally wouldn't do this, it just looks like a mess. Plus the Feb 2017 outro is at the start of Thoughts so you'd have to edit the actual audio for the artist tag to make sense.

I personally wouldn't do this, it just looks like a mess. Plus the Feb 2017 outro is at the start of Thoughts so you'd have to edit the actual audio for the artist tag to make sense.

Haha yeah, but i always like to add the featured artists in all uncredited tracks. Good observation with Thoughts tho. Now it is 'Thoughts (feat. Yaeji)' lol