Sam Gho

Lana and Barrie

As part of my regular Google search on Lana, I came upon the following article:

http://www.independe...es-3243968.html

The odd couples

By Ed Power
Saturday Sep 29 2012

A-list stunner Lana Del Ray's romance with a little-known rocker is just the latest unlikely celeb twosome. Ed Power reports.

If you've been reading the papers lately, you may have wondered why there are so many pictures of Lana Del Rey hanging out with a homeless person.

It turns out the scruffy, mega-tached chap standing next to the singer is new squeeze Barrie James O'Neill, lead singer with Kassidy, a rock band few people have heard of (you suspect that even the four chaps in Kassidy would be pushed to name more than three of their songs).

"Odd couple" doesn't even begin to do justice to Lana 'n' Barrie, a pairing for which there is no ready-made portmanteau (Bana? Larrie?).

With 'Video Games', Del Rey instantly became one of the most famous women in the world. If she was a consumer brand, she'd be Apple -- fashionable, unavoidable, a bit chilly and distant.

In short, a fully fledged A-lister with an agreeably mysterious persona, hundreds of thousands of fans and instant name recognition.

O'Neill, meanwhile, is slightly better known than the person who served you your last cup of coffee.

Aside from the fact he and Del Rey are both involved in the entertainment business, it's hard to see what they have in common -- though, judging by pictures, they both have lovely shiny hair, so they could always talk about that.

Perhaps Del Rey secretly craves the company of someone who doesn't buy into her femme fatale shtick and isn't obsessed with fame (and O'Neill, it is fair to state, knows about as much about fame as you or I do about landing a 747).

That made me think about Lana and Barrie, particularly if one considers it in the context of her fascination with older (Barrie is 23), bad-boys. She is off the grid this week because she is supposedly driving through the Scottish Highlands with him, so clearly it is a serious fling. In fact I also came up this picture on a Thai Lana Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/lanadelreyTH) that I had not seen before, which also suggests a greater level of intimacy than previous pics of them together.

I wonder how she makes the relationship work, it seems they have met only three times this year (February at the Brits, Isle of Wight and now). So what do you all think, is her relationship with Barrie something that is going to last, and what does it say about Lana?

I don't think they're dead serious, but it seems like they're an item. I hope Lana is happy with him, and I hope he is good to her. Why does this article keep making digs about him not being famous though? Do they actually think Lana gives a shit? We know Lana's type of man and it's not some A-Lister Hollywood Actor type of guy.

tumblr_mbs9cbxgQB1qh9kaoo1_500.gif

Just because he's not famous in the US, doesn't mean he's not well-known. I like Lana + Barrie but IDK how they do it w/ the long distance.. looking at them kinda feels like a throw back 2 a couple from the 60s/70's. Also, kind of Lana Sleuthing related but I think "Lucky Ones" is about him b/c its like the only happy song on the album annnnnd I hope they're happy!!!

Lana-Del-Rey-and-Barrie-James-O-Neill.jpg

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Also, kind of Lana Sleuthing related but I think "Lucky Ones" is about him b/c its like the only happy song on the album annnnnd I hope they're happy!!!

And probably quite a few songs from the Paradise Edition...that'll be interesting to piece together.

This article is THE WORST, i cannot believe i actually read this shit. It is stuff like this that gives us a need for a suicide emoticon on this forum. Please? Mods? A SUICIDE EMOTICON IS IN ORDER.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

This article is THE WORST, i cannot believe i actually read this shit. It is stuff like this that gives us a need for a suicide emoticon on this forum. Please? Mods? A SUICIDE EMOTICON IS IN ORDER.

Perhaps a cropped version of the animated gif of her falling off a cliff in the "Summertime Sadness" video?

tumblr_m7uexhQQVY1qjt5q5o1_500.gif

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I was really glad to see that Lana acknowledged Barrie as her boyfriend publicly for the first time in the ElleUK Twitter Q&A! I guess the nearly 10 days they spent together in LA was an important step in their relationship.

However, now that we know that Barrie is her boyfriend makes me wonder about her MTV interview earlier this year when she was asked whether she had a boyfriend, and she said yes, that he was someone involved in music, but not a musician! I think it is again one of those small lies that Lana says, for no real reason.

Ehh, for some reason I don't buy it. Maybe it's me being insane, but I just can't wrap it around my head that she's all calmed down and settled with him. He's her boyfriend yeah, but getting engaged, settling down, giving it up all together ? I'm not so sure. I just see it more of a phase, much like any other in her life.

I can't center this thistumblr_lywc1eFwqG1r939eeo1_500.gif

However, now that we know that Barrie is her boyfriend makes me wonder about her MTV interview earlier this year when she was asked whether she had a boyfriend, and she said yes, that he was someone involved in music, but not a musician! I think it is again one of those small lies that Lana says, for no real reason.

Or just shade :creep:

That is interesting, though, do you have a link to that interview?

looking at them kinda feels like a throw back 2 a couple from the 60s/70's.

now that you said it, they actually kinda do lol

I think they're a cute couple and I love it how they don't seem to take their relationship that seriously. I'm happy for them :)

"homeless person" thats a bit harsh. I think they look really cute together! Barrie is hot imo :hooker: And it does seem like he makes her happy, and she did mention him twice the other day in that interview so I am all for them being together. Hope things continue to work out for them.

tumblr_m7v9356aTy1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

And you salute me, Miss America, because I am. I am.