FrankNotOcean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Time Online: 34d 10h 58m 9s

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:58 PM

So...

Correct me if I'm wrong (and please tell me I am) but does it mean they all gonna remove their stuff from YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, etc. ?

I mean what's the point of promoting Tidal if it's not gonna be fully exclusive?

Okay but like??

#23 OFFLINE   Velours

Velours

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBaja California
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 6d 4h 6m 32s

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:27 AM

I don't understand the hype about this??

Like, 20 dollars a month? That's like 280 mexican pesos a month, then if it's 20 dollars a month it would be 240 dollars per year, which is 3,360 mexican pesos per year just for music? wtf why are you all excited for this, this is horrible, with that money i buy like, an entire closet of clothes  :horror:

why i don't live in the USA omg i'm obsessed with the mess that's Americaaa

• Miguel3Zero and TRENCH like this

ILKouJu.png

#24 OFFLINE   TRENCH

TRENCH

NICO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Time Online: 97d 16m 45s

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:47 AM

wtf why are you all excited for this, this is horrible

Nobody is lmao, TrashMagic was only excited bc he thought this would include an announcement for a new collab album between jayz and beyonce/ or the artists  :awk:

This is the next beats by dr. dre, over-hyped crap with a shiny logo (in this case, Masonry tiles).  Just as people are now noticing that Apple, beats, Nike, etc are just a name brand, where everything is made in Asian countries for less than $40, they quickly are with this new product.

You want a real music experience? Buy the physical version and go to concerts.

• Princess Martini, PARADIXO and Velours like this

tenor.gif?itemid=12148909

#25 OFFLINE   Velours

Velours

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:53 AM

Nobody is lmao, TrashMagic was only excited bc he thought this would include an announcement for a new collab album between jayz and beyonce/ or the artists  :awk:

This is the next beats by dr. dre, over-hyped crap with a shiny logo (in this case, Masonry tiles).  Just as people are now noticing that Apple, beats, Nike, etc are just a name brand, where everything is made in Asian countries for less than $40, they quickly are with this new product.

I kind of thought that at first because of the hype on tumblr but omg this is so unnecesary, making rich people richer like why? :derpna2:

Concerts are quite expensive too, but that's understandable because you're there with the actual artist performing, not listening to an audio file omg

Just torrent it or buy the album itself when it goes on Target at like 5 dollars :smokes:

• TRENCH likes this

ILKouJu.png

#26 OFFLINE   HEARTCORE

HEARTCORE

twisted elegance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • Locationcity games
  • Time Online: 109d 7h 48m 47s

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:57 AM

this is honestly so dumb, if it was released 10 years ago it would be savvy + new but its so pointless when you can stream for free via spotify and download tracks (albeit illegally) via the internet in 1 second.

also the whole #TidalForAll stuff is bullshit bc I don't know anyone who will have £20 spare to spend on streaming "exclusive" HQ music, so I think it's created complete exclusivity. plus, I can understand doing it for artists who are relatively small-ish (ie Marina) bc it gets them extra $$$ but really? Beyoncé? Jay-Z? Madonna? don't you guys already have fat paychecks with lots of 0000000? (off topic but where were all these black celebs at Tidal during Blackout month + #BlackLivesMatter hmmmmmmmmm? but that's another situation)

its just utter BS to me
  • Hundred Dollar Bill, Januli, comeintomybedroom and 7 others like this

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

#27 OFFLINE   comeintomybedroom

comeintomybedroom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,508 posts
  • Time Online: 434d 15h 12m 55s

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:07 AM

I also read somewhere else that all music will be removed from YouTube, Spotify, Soundcloud, etc. I don't stream any music or whatever but this is dumb. All of the artists doing this are already like well known, like really? they need more coins? from your under-25 fans that "need to stay in school and study"? And they're promoting/talking about this more than any of them have about any other, more important issues.

#28 OFFLINE   Viva

Viva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts
  • Time Online: 56d 17h 41m 12s

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:27 AM

I don't trust OverratedOncé and hubby Jay Z on anything. This is an obvious money laundry isn't? Like for real....release a product that's exactly the same of another very successful product with exclusive over Beyoncé and him that combined don't sell half of Taylor's or Katy's albums is kind of a flop from the start. 

glgcDdT.gif

#29 OFFLINE   Greenwich

Greenwich

Droppin' Acid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Fan Since:November 2012
  • Time Online: 58d 21h 14m 13s

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:31 AM

Maybe it's a joke?

#30 OFFLINE   Rebel

Rebel

swallow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn
  • Time Online: 123d 13h 8m 47s

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:51 AM

The only people really hyped about this/into the idea are like... the heavyweight artists investing in it, lmao. The video of them talking about how this will start a revolution or whatever was so cringeworthy.

• Amadeus, Bekim, Velours and 1 other like this

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

#31 OFFLINE   Velours

Velours

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:55 AM

The only people really hyped about this/into the idea are like... the heavyweight artists investing in it, lmao. The video of them talking about how this will start a revolution or whatever was so cringeworthy.

Bunch of overrated rich people tbh

I understand they're artists and wtvr but aren't all of them rich enough? like, they're all there talking about revolutions and wtvr while wearing clothes more expensive than my damn house  :lanasrs:

ILKouJu.png

#32 OFFLINE   West Coast

West Coast

your dirty elvis fantasy

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts
  • Locationout back in the garden
  • Fan Since:June 2012
  • Time Online: 364d 12h 32m 59s

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

This whole thing is so stupid. I mean I always illegally downloaded my music before, and this won't make me stop. It's gonna make me do it more now that they're taking away my option to stream. 

• Januli, HEARTCORE, Velours and 1 other like this

fresh out of fucks forever

#33 OFFLINE   PARADIXO

PARADIXO

Pure Nature

• Moderators
  • 2,390 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Favourite LDR Song:West Coast
  • Time Online: 122d 2h 56m 43s

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:34 PM

:gclap: that's what im talking about

• Princess Martini, Velours and TRENCH like this

Posted Image

#34 OFFLINE   Heavy Head

Heavy Head

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • Fan Since:December 2011
  • Time Online: 76d 5h 19m 8s

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:27 PM

I got sent a beta trial of this shit ages ago and the iPad just couldn't handle the file and kept pausing lmao you're better buying a cd. 

• TRENCH likes this

#35 OFFLINE   NuclearHeart

NuclearHeart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Time Online: 13d 4h 40m 54s

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:10 AM

i'm still waiting for a ''APRIL'S FOOL!!!!1!!!!1 AHAHAHHAHAHHHAHHHHA'' 

UM7JOQb.gif

#36 OFFLINE   KillForLove

KillForLove

Vinyl Record Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 75d 9h 42m 23s

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:26 AM

So like what is their plan to stream lossless music? Streaming 320 kbps on Spotify sucked up my data plan so quick I had to cancel my subscription (plus there are data caps on home wi-fi usage for some people so that fucks with the computer streaming market too). Also if they do the offline downloadable option like Spotify, then you're going to have 40+MB songs which are going to fill up a phone's memory really quickly.

Also stereogum published a scathing article on how its impossible for Jay-Z to be paying the artists who put their music on Tidal more than Spotify pays and notes that Jay-Z's tiered company shares for artists programs sounds like a pyramid scheme http://www.stereogum...anchises/essay/

e0p7lt9.gif

#37 OFFLINE   SitarHero

SitarHero

Genius

• OG Moderators
  • 12,604 posts
  • Fan Since:Lake Placid Church Choir
  • Favourite LDR Song:Get_Drunk

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:14 AM

In my experience only really casual music listeners stream so do they really give a fuck about the artist or lossless quality?

• wraith likes this

#38 OFFLINE   wraith

wraith

only acting

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • Locationglasgow
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 275d 15h 35m 44s

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:21 AM

In my experience only really casual music listeners stream so do they really give a fuck about the artist or lossless quality?

Exactly. The average music listener is the type of person to rip songs off of YouTube and not notice the quality 

• Amadeus and TRENCH like this

#39 OFFLINE   HEARTCORE

HEARTCORE

twisted elegance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • Locationcity games
  • Time Online: 109d 7h 48m 47s

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:41 AM

11085179_801943593218421_1897860505_n.jp

• BENTLEY and Velours like this

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

#40 OFFLINE   Velours

Velours

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:19 AM

11085179_801943593218421_1897860505_n.jp

Slay queen :flutter: gotta save money and buy FROOT :defeated:

But really, this whole campaign claiming to be a revolution in the music industry is so... pretentious, and with only big name artists, like, where are the ACTUAL struggling artists? the ones that do not have like 5 income sources? the ones that do not have a perfume and clothing line along movies and global recognition? yes, you want money for your work but, really, it's music, don't you do it because you like it? because you love it as an art from? Music ain't something physical, it's not like buying clothes or other kind of object. I suppose i don't understand it because i don't listen to any of the artists involved nor i stream music, i download it all from torrents and buy the album if i want to do so/really love the artist, i suppose i'm biased because i don't live in the USA, and like, spend around 3,360$ pesos per year just for audio files is just... :deadbanana:

Just watched the conference and omg all of those dramatic sounds and the music and the way they all made it look like an illuminati renovation membership :creep:

Anyone knows if Lana is involved in this mess? :deadbanana: will they include more artists? omg please i'm praying my faves won't get into this pleaseee :deadbanana:

ILKouJu.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users