Sign in to follow this  
Trash Magic

JAY Z's new streaming service TIDAL

So...

Correct me if I'm wrong (and please tell me I am) but does it mean they all gonna remove their stuff from YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, etc. ?

I mean what's the point of promoting Tidal if it's not gonna be fully exclusive?

First we feel; then we fall.

I don't understand the hype about this??

Like, 20 dollars a month? That's like 280 mexican pesos a month, then if it's 20 dollars a month it would be 240 dollars per year, which is 3,360 mexican pesos per year just for music? wtf why are you all excited for this, this is horrible, with that money i buy like, an entire closet of clothes  :horror:

why i don't live in the USA omg i'm obsessed with the mess that's Americaaa

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

wtf why are you all excited for this, this is horrible

Nobody is lmao, TrashMagic was only excited bc he thought this would include an announcement for a new collab album between jayz and beyonce/ or the artists  :awk:

This is the next beats by dr. dre, over-hyped crap with a shiny logo (in this case, Masonry tiles).  Just as people are now noticing that Apple, beats, Nike, etc are just a name brand, where everything is made in Asian countries for less than $40, they quickly are with this new product.

You want a real music experience? Buy the physical version and go to concerts.

Nobody is lmao, TrashMagic was only excited bc he thought this would include an announcement for a new collab album between jayz and beyonce/ or the artists  :awk:

This is the next beats by dr. dre, over-hyped crap with a shiny logo (in this case, Masonry tiles).  Just as people are now noticing that Apple, beats, Nike, etc are just a name brand, where everything is made in Asian countries for less than $40, they quickly are with this new product.

I kind of thought that at first because of the hype on tumblr but omg this is so unnecesary, making rich people richer like why? :derpna2:

Concerts are quite expensive too, but that's understandable because you're there with the actual artist performing, not listening to an audio file omg

Just torrent it or buy the album itself when it goes on Target at like 5 dollars :smokes:

this is honestly so dumb, if it was released 10 years ago it would be savvy + new but its so pointless when you can stream for free via spotify and download tracks (albeit illegally) via the internet in 1 second.

also the whole #TidalForAll stuff is bullshit bc I don't know anyone who will have £20 spare to spend on streaming "exclusive" HQ music, so I think it's created complete exclusivity. plus, I can understand doing it for artists who are relatively small-ish (ie Marina) bc it gets them extra $$$ but really? Beyoncé? Jay-Z? Madonna? don't you guys already have fat paychecks with lots of 0000000? (off topic but where were all these black celebs at Tidal during Blackout month + #BlackLivesMatter hmmmmmmmmm? but that's another situation)

its just utter BS to me

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I also read somewhere else that all music will be removed from YouTube, Spotify, Soundcloud, etc. I don't stream any music or whatever but this is dumb. All of the artists doing this are already like well known, like really? they need more coins? from your under-25 fans that "need to stay in school and study"? And they're promoting/talking about this more than any of them have about any other, more important issues.

I don't trust OverratedOncé and hubby Jay Z on anything. This is an obvious money laundry isn't? Like for real....release a product that's exactly the same of another very successful product with exclusive over Beyoncé and him that combined don't sell half of Taylor's or Katy's albums is kind of a flop from the start. 

glgcDdT.gif

The only people really hyped about this/into the idea are like... the heavyweight artists investing in it, lmao. The video of them talking about how this will start a revolution or whatever was so cringeworthy.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

The only people really hyped about this/into the idea are like... the heavyweight artists investing in it, lmao. The video of them talking about how this will start a revolution or whatever was so cringeworthy.

Bunch of overrated rich people tbh

I understand they're artists and wtvr but aren't all of them rich enough? like, they're all there talking about revolutions and wtvr while wearing clothes more expensive than my damn house  :lanasrs:

This whole thing is so stupid. I mean I always illegally downloaded my music before, and this won't make me stop. It's gonna make me do it more now that they're taking away my option to stream. 

:gclap: that's what im talking about

So like what is their plan to stream lossless music? Streaming 320 kbps on Spotify sucked up my data plan so quick I had to cancel my subscription (plus there are data caps on home wi-fi usage for some people so that fucks with the computer streaming market too). Also if they do the offline downloadable option like Spotify, then you're going to have 40+MB songs which are going to fill up a phone's memory really quickly.

Also stereogum published a scathing article on how its impossible for Jay-Z to be paying the artists who put their music on Tidal more than Spotify pays and notes that Jay-Z's tiered company shares for artists programs sounds like a pyramid scheme http://www.stereogum.com/1790959/behold-the-half-assed-hubris-of-tidal/franchises/essay/

In my experience only really casual music listeners stream so do they really give a fuck about the artist or lossless quality?

Exactly. The average music listener is the type of person to rip songs off of YouTube and not notice the quality 

11085179_801943593218421_1897860505_n.jp

Slay queen :flutter: gotta save money and buy FROOT :defeated:

But really, this whole campaign claiming to be a revolution in the music industry is so... pretentious, and with only big name artists, like, where are the ACTUAL struggling artists? the ones that do not have like 5 income sources? the ones that do not have a perfume and clothing line along movies and global recognition? yes, you want money for your work but, really, it's music, don't you do it because you like it? because you love it as an art from? Music ain't something physical, it's not like buying clothes or other kind of object. I suppose i don't understand it because i don't listen to any of the artists involved nor i stream music, i download it all from torrents and buy the album if i want to do so/really love the artist, i suppose i'm biased because i don't live in the USA, and like, spend around 3,360$ pesos per year just for audio files is just... :deadbanana:

Just watched the conference and omg all of those dramatic sounds and the music and the way they all made it look like an illuminati renovation membership :creep:

Anyone knows if Lana is involved in this mess? :deadbanana: will they include more artists? omg please i'm praying my faves won't get into this pleaseee :deadbanana: