Macintosh Manhattan

First trailer for Amy Winehouse documentary 'Amy' released ...

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Main poster for Amy Winehouse documentary film 'Amy' unveiled..

Quad_AW_Amy_V-9_OnlineOnly@72dpi-600x450

The feature-length documentary from Asif Kapadia, the BAFTA-winning director of Senna, premiered at the Cannes Film Festival on Saturday (May 16) to rave reviews and will open in UK cinemas on July 3. It promises "previously unheard tracks" and "extensive unseen archive footage" and is billed as the story of the six-time Grammy-winner "in her own words". However, the Winehouse family has recently distanced itself from the film, claiming Amy is "both misleading and contains some basic untruths".

Speaking about the film earlier this year, David Joseph, UK CEO of Winehouse's label Universal Music said: "About two years ago we decided to make a movie about her - her career and her life. It's a very complicated and tender movie. It tackles lots of things about family and media, fame, addiction, but most importantly, it captures the very heart of what she was about, which is an amazing person and a true musical genius."

The first trailer for the documentary film was unveiled last month (April) and will be followed by a second, main trailer to be released tomorrow (May 20)...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Did anybody go to see this film? I went to see it last week with my sister and it was very beautiful and sad. I was stunned to hear Amy singing one of my favourite songs 'Moon River' in the opening credits, and now can't find a recording or footage anywhere online  :(

I'm hoping a movie theater decides to show it near me soon. I've been anxiously waiting to see Amy on the big screen! Unfortunately I also found out that David Joseph destroyed all of Amy Winehouse's demos that would've been on her 3rd album had she lived...and that really makes me sad. He claimed it was "a moral reason" 

I'm trying to find a cinema near me and the nearest is Canterbury (Almost A Two-Hour Trip :toofunny;) that's showing the film. ... 

I'm trying to find a cinema near me and the nearest is Canterbury (Almost A Two-Hour Trip :toofunny:) that's showing the film. ... 

Finally my local cinema is showing the film for just this week so I'm going tomorrow. 

WoW, you all got me so hyped, i can't wait to see this movie to. I just recently heard about it on a magazine cover (newspaper), and read the article and it sounds

like a great docu.

please post more reviews after seeing this show. Not sure when i can see it..

Did anybody go to see this film? I went to see it last week with my sister and it was very beautiful and sad. I was stunned to hear Amy singing one of my favourite songs 'Moon River' in the opening credits, and now can't find a recording or footage anywhere online  :(

Hi Rivieragirl, that sounds amazing. i didnt know she sang that song. it must have been super emotional when that started..

i love that song too..glad you and your sister enjoyed the movie. maybe i'll see it next week..

how was the rest of the movie? 

Hi Rivieragirl, that sounds amazing. i didnt know she sang that song. it must have been super emotional when that started..

i love that song too..glad you and your sister enjoyed the movie. maybe i'll see it next week..

how was the rest of the movie? 

Thank you, I definitely recommend going to see it if you can! My local cinema was showing it for one night only and I'm so glad I managed to see it. It was certainly emotional, desperately sad and somewhat disturbing in places, but also very funny and touching; highlights of the film for me were Amy's Grammy win and her recording with Tony Bennett. I had high hopes for the film coming from Asif Kapadia after seeing Senna a few years ago, and it certainly didn't disappoint.

So I went and tried to see Amy today and the the dude at the desk told me they weren't showing the film now bc at the previous showing of the film (That's yesterday by the way) it didn't pull enough customers.Today was the last showing so now I have to all the way up to Canterbury to see it :toofunny:

This is one of the many reasons why I hate living here  :bye2: