Sign in to follow this  
SadGirlBadGirl

Mansfield, MA @ Xfinity Center - June 9th, 2015

I have no idea what I'm doing lol don't know if I'll go wicked early or later in the day. I'm curious as to if they allow people to camp out... I doubt it. I'm just hoping that it's not chaotic (but it will be) SO EXCITED THOUGH

I'm going, also have a silver vip ticket. Yeah I just heard about the weather and I'm worried about it tbh :/

I'll be by myself though, so we'll see how it goes.

My email from Live Nation says she comes on around 8:45.

As @@buster said, these are subject to change. My email said Courtney Love would be on at 7:30 and Lana at 8:45. The reality was 45+ minutes later: Courtney at 8:15, Lana at 9:45.

Hey guys, last time I posted the board went down, but I figured I'd post my experience at the concert anyway.

So, after debating over how I was going to camp out for Lana, I arrived at the Xfinity Center at 7am-ish. There were already a small crowd of people there, and I was marked 17th in line. It was expected to rain that day so I had an umbrella and rain gear, but luckily for me it never really rained that hard at all.

I waited until about 4-5pm when the VIP Nation people came, and the regular GA pit people were separated from the VIP ticket holders. Because I had a silver VIP ticket, I stayed with the VIPs, and was bumped up to #8! I was beyond happy, and after getting my VIP merch, waiting to go inside, I had made it the front row of the pit!! When Lana came out, I was ready to die, she was so close! I had made her a card, and when she came down during one of her first trips I managed to hold it up and catch her notice, and she took my card! She didn't do much else during this time except sign and take gifts, but that was my main goal. She ended up coming down to the pit 3(!!) times, and 2/3 times were at my side! The 2nd time she came down, I got her to sign the lyric book I had bought at the merch table, and she told me she loved me.

Overall, it was worth the wait. The concert was lovely, so much crowd interaction, and Lana seemed to get nervous at how loud and happy the crowd was to see her, she asked for a cigarette during the performance lmao (she also said we were the loudest yet, I don't know about that statement, but everyone sang along verrrrry loudly). I am beyond happy I got to meet her and to talk to her, even though I didn't get the coveted selfie, I wasn't exactly shoving my phone in her face. She got really into OTTR, and said she was thankful to the crowd for their support. Someone made her a Honeymoon sash and flower crown, but she didn't wear either of them ahah. The fans I met throughout the day were really nice, and the pit was actually quite relaxed then the previous venue I went to last year (House of Blues). It was pretty amazing.

I loved the show. She was great and sounded great, especially during Shades of Cool. The energy of the crowd was electrifying. It really made for a great atmosphere, especially during Off to the Races. I was seated behind three horrible drunk people that at times sang louder than she did (and seriously one of them peed half way through the show.... right where they were standing.... the poor girls in front of him left.... I was in disbelief as was everyone around), but still I was too focused on Lana. I also saw my first every vagina in person in the parking lot. First for everything.

I'm torn on whether I enjoyed last years House of Blues experience more or this one. Both had their moments. I wasn't in the pit for either of them but this one looked a lot less intense.

House of Blues:

- The crowd didn't overpower her vocals.

- I was closer to the stage.

- I MET HER.

Xfinity Center:

- The set list.

- The atmosphere

- I didn't go alone this time.

Can't wait until she comes back! Oh and one of my favorite moments was about a half hour after the doors opened a torrential down pour started and there was a stampede of annoying teenage flower crowns, skimpy clothing and ruined makeup. It was very satisfying to watch.

I went and holy meatballs was it amazing. And i second hitnrun017...so many skimpy clothes!I witnessed so many boobs hanging out and butts (cracks and all). I wore a flower crown shamelessly. So here's my experience (also if anyone has a video of Ultraviolence pleaaaaaase upload it! I believe that's when she took my flowers)

Alright so I got to the place at around 10:15 and there was about 30 people there or so I got numbered by the fans in line 37 or somewhere around there. Waiting really sucked I was so impatient...every hour was like a day honestly. The fans in line were really nice! I was surprised because at her last show I went to in CT it was alot of jackoffs. Later on in the day people started freaking out and switching lines because there was a skip the line pass you could buy to get in 5 mins early and everyone was running like damn gazelles (why i dont know). The line eventually shortend for people who were GA and VIP. Let me say Xfinity was a mess...literally no organization and no workers had any idea what was going on and one guy was literally yelling at my mom for asking questions. He was the most miserable a**. When LiveNation for the VIP got there though they were soooo helpful and knew all the answers and happenings. Oh I was Silver VIP by the way. So I got numbered 12ish in the Silver and then we sat around for an hour then lined up according to number for about another hour it seemed. When we finally got in I was on the stages right and right in front of the stairs almost, and i was in the front row. Everyone around me was awesome and freaking out because we were like RIGHT THERE ON TOP OF THE STAGE.

So Grimes came out and she did a great job of pumping the crowd up. I like her recordings better than her live performances though. I wasn't very impressed but whatever she was fun.

When Lana came out for her set, the entire thing felt like a dream. Dancing, singing along, swaying my arms, seeing her in person. She's an angel. I didn't want her to stop singing. I only took a few pictures and videos because I wanted to enjoy the performance. (So many phones were in my face and my back was a damn table for people to rest their arms on) It was amazing. Her guitarist was right in front of me and I was just like YAAAAAAAAS. She took my flowers when she came down at one point and gave me the biggest smile (my mom took a pic but it was blurry) but you can still see her. And after she left the stage me and my mom asked for the cup she drank out of and we got it!! Creepy or not...it's pretty cool. People kept asking to take pictures of it. She only came down on our side once sadly...after Off To The Races me and the kid next to me had our phones ready for selfies and all and she didn't come our way and it sucked but im so happy for everyone else that got a chance to say hi and get an autograph or picture. Also I couldn't hear for 4 days or so after the concert everyone sounded like mice. And after when I was in the "line" rather blob to get merch I think i got cancer from the amount of cigarette smoke everywhere. I smelt Lanas cigarette at one point which was honestly pretty cool though. The guy overcharged me on my merch and I had to go back and they eventually did give me my money back that they owed me. Overall Lana slayed me. (I kept yelling "Lana slay me" and my voice kept giving out and Id have a coughing fit). The McDonald's i ate afterwards was phenomenal.

Let me say Xfinity was a mess...literally no organization and no workers had any idea what was going on and one guy was literally yelling at my mom for asking questions. He was the most miserable a**. 

lmaoooo I remember this. That was you guys? That guy had no idea what he was talking about or what was going on.