782anonymous

Doja Cat

Damn.. Doja come for Lana yesterday (tho I'm still confused on what Gang Sunk That Dunker even means in English), but that shit didn't end well for her today. Of course none of the Twitter Doja drama of today, has anything to do with Lana, but voodoo is in full effect apparently

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

i mean when you weigh up

• she's been doing the chatrooms for years and that screenshot is from a week ago
  • she called tyler the creator a f*****
  • she said she would never marry a black man
  • she has a registered and leaked song with a slur as the title
  • i remember something about her being transphobic awhile back on my twitter timeline but you'd have to find that yourself

I’m not disputing any of this so not sure what the point of that post is.

she said she would never marry a black man, i remember something about her being transphobic awhile back on my twitter timeline but you'd have to find that yourself

I'm not doubting the Tinychat stuff but I don't remember her ever being transphobic or saying she'd never marry a black man? if you're gonna say stuff like this please have actual receipts..

I'm actually so disappointed in this whole situation. Doja was one of my favorite artists and I wish I could separate her from her music, but this whole thing just disturbs me on a deep level. Like it's different than other celebs getting "exposed" for me. Nothing about it sits right. 

I'm not doubting the Tinychat stuff but I don't remember her ever being transphobic or saying she'd never marry a black man? if you're gonna say stuff like this please have actual receipts..

i saw it on twitter that she said it in a recent interview. i don’t stan so idk when that was or what interview it was. you can probably find it if you look on twitter.

also on TOP of all this mess there’s a tweet now circulating from 2016 where she “hates arabs and wishes they would stick to blowing themselves up” oop.

if you just look it up on twitter u can find it. i can’t post the screenshots bc i’m at work rn.

edit - AND ON TOP OF THAT she has lyrics where she mocks asians in a song saying she’s “so high and looks asian” jesus

i saw it on twitter that she said it in a recent interview. i don’t stan so idk when that was or what interview it was. you can probably find it if you look on twitter.

I looked on Twitter and I still don't see anything about that.. please link.

I looked on Twitter and I still don't see anything about that.. please link.

it might not have been tagged as such then, or not captioned or something. i’ll have a wee look on my tl later but if i can’t find it then that’s kind of that i suppose. the other things you should be able to get easily enough.

Yeah... I know sometimes it's a case of separating the art from the artist but she really has repeatedly said and done a lot of offensive stuff. Maybe her music's catchy, but she definitely doesn't deserve to be worshipped as some kind of queen like I see some young fans doing. Also, I know Anthony Fantano is annoying, but her response to his (actually quite reasonable in this case) criticism was very immature and really reflected badly on her.

giphy.gif

not dismissing her actions or stuff but calling her racist when she's literally black,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, like things do not work that way, i mean ofc it was problematic but still...

also, this was in 2016 and we should take into account that people can change

giphy.gif

not dismissing her actions or stuff but calling her racist when she's literally black,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, like things do not work that way, i mean ofc it was problematic but still...

she's half black and was raised by a white woman. it's internalized racism but it's still racism

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

not dismissing her actions or stuff but calling her racist when she's literally black,

And that's what adds another degree of sadness to this whole situation. If this stuff about her hanging out with KKK incels is true she's clearly a black woman who struggles with internalised racism and it's heartbreaking. We have a video of her on Tinychat from this year basing off her outfit and stuff so clearly not all of it was in 2016?..

she's half black and was raised by a white woman. it's internalized racism but it's still racism

And that's what adds another degree of sadness to this whole situation. She's a black woman who clearly struggles with internalised racism and it's heartbreaking. We have a video of her on Tinychat from this year basing off her outfit and stuff so clearly not all of it was in 2016?..

ok, i'm not taking the voice from black people but internalized racism is never worse than white people being racist, it's the same with homophobia, internalized homophobia is never going to have the same implications that it has when straight people uses the f word or stuff, and the same applies here while it's sad to see her behaving like that she's not profiting from the situation in any way or level, she was just being stupid lol

y'all are acting as if she was the oppresor when she's literally a victim of the stablished system lol and i repeat what i've seen it happened four years ago, people grow up and change (ofc she has to be called out but yikes with this twitter cancel culture fuckery)

giphy.gif

that apology seems like BS unfortunately

she denies she involved herself in any racist "jokes" yet an interview with paper mag she said this 

"People would pick on me and use horrible, horrible language, just the worst, and I just didn't understand why people were so crazy on there," Doja says. Rather than leaving the chat room, she instead developed a thick skin and eventually joined in on the fun via her own "offensive" rhetoric. "So I became the person who would make offensive jokes and do things sort of out of the box."

and multiple men who were supposedly in the chats claimed she did say racist stuff, so then i wonder, what is this offensive and out of the box things she said?

im not going to degrade her, i believe she needs healing because she clearly has traumas and her only way of dealing with it is being edgy? seems very counter productive... people have been questioning her mental health for months now after shes done and said many questionable things.