AKA Lizzy Grant

Lips Plump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationLA
  • Time Online: 71d 18h 49m 38s

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:44 AM

Was wondering if anyone on here is going to the Hollywood Bowl. Im really excited my concert is so soon  :cumming:

Demos_copy.png

#2 OFFLINE   lanadelxcxbanks

lanadelxcxbanks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Time Online: 17h 2m 16s

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:46 AM

I want to really really badly but the tickets are sooo expensive I definitely can't afford it

#3 OFFLINE   AKA Lizzy Grant

AKA Lizzy Grant

Lips Plump

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:06 PM

I want to really really badly but the tickets are sooo expensive I definitely can't afford it

Yeah the tickets got scalped really fast and for some reason they decided to make the resale really expensive because its the hollywood bowl (and bc lana is in high demand). I was looking and nosebleed was $100...

Demos_copy.png

#4 OFFLINE   RiverPhoenix

RiverPhoenix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Fan Since:December 2011
  • Time Online: 28d 3h 39m 5s

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:39 PM

I'm going to this show! My tickets aren't that great because this venue is so expensive and the seats right below the stage are the most pricy (no GA)  :icant:  but I think just seeing her in Hollywood at such an iconic venue will make up for it. 

• AKA Lizzy Grant likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Honeymooner

Honeymooner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California, USA
  • Time Online: 5d 23h 44m 45s

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:48 PM

Hope you guys at Hollywood Bowl enjoy the concert!!  She was great here in Chula Vista (San Diego) last night.  So there's no pit at the Bowl?

#6 OFFLINE   JehovahThikness

JehovahThikness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 73d 7h 36m 34s

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:23 AM

Guys I'm going tomorrow! I'm really excited! I'll be sitting at J1 (God damn these tickets are so expensive) 

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Honeymooner

Honeymooner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California, USA
  • Time Online: 5d 23h 44m 45s

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:11 AM

@austindelrey Are you in regular seating?  Just curious how much the tickets were.  Silver VIPs were $250 here.  To me it was worth it to get early admission and be in the front row of the pit, although I most likely wouldn't do it again (it was quite the experience!!).  I don't remember how much regular ticket prices were here.

#8 OFFLINE   JehovahThikness

JehovahThikness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 73d 7h 36m 34s

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:40 AM

@austindelrey Are you in regular seating?  Just curious how much the tickets were.  Silver VIPs were $250 here.  To me it was worth it to get early admission and be in the front row of the pit, although I most likely wouldn't do it again (it was quite the experience!!).  I don't remember how much regular ticket prices were here.

The problem was that there were so much scalpers. Literally in one minute, most of the tickets from the actual venue were gone. I was able to buy tickets in a decent spot (right in the middle) for around $170, and I still want to get two shirts, so that's around $240 :/ 

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   lazybooklet

lazybooklet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Time Online: 12d 5h 47m 19s

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:12 PM

If she does ever comes to EU or the UK when will this usually be? And how long before will the show announced/ticket started selling?

#10 OFFLINE   leaked_version

leaked_version

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,948 posts
  • Time Online: 441d 9h 56m 8s

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:18 PM

like i predicted, she skipped 3 songs yesterday. 

#11 OFFLINE   Electric Body

Electric Body

Boss on the Boat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts
  • LocationMedusa's Path
  • Time Online: 137d 5h 1m 8s

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:25 PM

Which ones?

~ my cherries and wine ~

#12 OFFLINE   leaked_version

leaked_version

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,948 posts
  • Time Online: 441d 9h 56m 8s

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:34 PM

Which ones?

UATW, DR and YCBTB,

It's not only disappointing that she plays less and less the more the tour moves on, it's disrespectful towards the people who pay GOOD money to see her live. I mean, her set is just slightly longer than Courtney's and Courtney is the opening act.

Instead of adding more songs to the playlist, she cuts songs from the setlist. Some people are paying 200 bucks to see her, not including travelling costs. Like Lana, do you need a reality check how much money that is for some people?

• Yosemite, VioletPrincess, Electric Body and 3 others like this

#13 OFFLINE   Litty

Litty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Time Online: 3d 5h 56m 3s

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:13 PM

are you serious?  That's ridiculous.  Say what you want about "pop" stars like Katy, Gaga, Miley, etc., but when you see them they put on full performances.

#14 OFFLINE   LanaInLosAngeles

LanaInLosAngeles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Time Online: 1h 6m 7s

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:17 PM

Such a great show and a beautiful night. I wish the video was better picture wise, but I uploaded "West Coast" on my FB. Amazing memories! https://www.facebook...205746775723890

I love you Lana!!!

#15 OFFLINE   AKA Lizzy Grant

AKA Lizzy Grant

Lips Plump

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:28 PM

It was an amazing performance. I was in J1, (envied all the people in pool circle, garden boxes and terrace). She had a beautiful white dress on, and her vocals were perhaps the best so far on the tour imo. I loved Courtney in it too. Although bc she cut Do Right, YCBTB, and UATW the setlist sounded really similar to Paradise but with BKBB, SoC and Cruel World added.

Demos_copy.png

#16 OFFLINE   Creyk

Creyk

Lana is better than you fav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Time Online: 62d 21h 30m 1s

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:39 AM

Miley Cyrus attended this show and a bunch of random "youtube stars" that I don't care to name

I found this 1 vid which is good quality

• AshleyM324 likes this

#17 OFFLINE   a11111

a11111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Time Online: 2d 10h 6m 25s

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:12 PM

It happened. The first review on this tour. It's neutral, the main idea is that Courtney and Lana performances don't fit together but they should.

http://www.latimes.c...0520-story.html

• sjrq likes this

#18 OFFLINE   sjrq

sjrq

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Time Online: 19d 20h 49m 14s

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

I've attended a lot of concerts and read a lot of reviews, and this is probably the only person ever to suggest a big star needs to pick an opening act that is somehow compatible with herself, one she can frolic with on stage.  He doesn't seem to understand that all of the people in the audience would have shown up to see Lana if there was no opening act, just like they have in the past.

Maybe Lana will do a "Cheek To Cheek" duet with Grimes a la Gaga and Tony Bennett in a future show just to make him happy.  :)

#19 ONLINE   DLT

DLT

I'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationTEXAS
  • Fan Since:November 2011
  • Time Online: 125d 11h 16m 24s

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:50 PM

I read that review earlier today, ehhhh! Honestly I understand what he is trying to say but don't agree with it completely. Why do they somehow have to work together or play off of one another. I don't find it necessary. Two separate acts that each have their own developed aesthetics and followings are like a two for one ticket to me.    :whatever2:

Like me for example, I was D E F I N I T E L Y going for Lana! No questions! Courtney could have not performed and I wouldn't have cared. However my boyfriend was more excited about seeing Courtney! 

@sjrq

You're right though, there was no need for an opening act lol!

#20 OFFLINE   graham4anything

graham4anything

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Time Online: 14d 10h 11m 29s

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:16 PM

Lana gets a great review in the LA Times (for her show, her voice, her songs, her staging, her everything)
YET

if one casually reads the g-d-'d review one would think it is a negative review with the first and last line qualifiers

Lana can't win for anything.

Everything about the review suggests great show, great everything

and acknowledges the sexism in music today and yesterday

yet the thing is, Devon writes (and it's a she) still writes it instead making a female unequal to a male with that last line about Pearl Jam.

Lana can't win.

Again, for anyone else, that review would not have the qualifiers and would have been a great raving fantastic review.

sometimes you just want to say f' them.

if Lana and Courtney did what the reviewers always want, then Lana and Courtney would not be Lana and Courtney.

They would be puppets of the reviewers.

What makes them Lana and Courtney is, they are unique and don't do what everyone else does nor follows commands.

Great artists don't bow to reporters.

Without great artists, writers of music would have nothing to write about and would be out a job. 

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users