alexandro

Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre - June 4th, 2015

We are 15 vip in line now.

I got there at 10:30pm and was #6.

#7-8 arrived at 4:45am

FML.

My friend will try to sell his extra VIP Silver ticket to someone on the regular GA soon. If someone is interested to buy it, let me know asap.

We are 15 vip in line now.

I got there at 10:30pm and was #6.

#7-8 arrived at 4:45am

FML.

My friend will try to sell his extra VIP Silver ticket to someone on the regular GA soon. If someone is interested to buy it, let me know asap.

How much does she want for it?

zXzLCRU.png

I had a lot of fun yesterday, the show was really good (better than last year) and Grimes was amazing!

The only bad thing was the others. People were so fucking rude and disrespectful. I was in the 5-6rd row until I got pushed to the 3rd row, which is, technically, cool, but I was in a very very uncomfortable position for 20 minutes, stuck between a couple. 

It was my first and last time in the pit at the Centre Bell, it's too awful.

UM7JOQb.gif

I'm not back to reality yet.

The pre-concert experience:

I got a Silver VIP ticket. Silver VIPs had to wait at an other entrance on the other side of the building. I got there at 10:30pm the night before. If you are hesitant to camp, well just do it. I was worried about my comfort, but the key is to arrive prepared. I thought I would look like a fucking tourist, but for Lana it was worth it. I packed all my stuff, called Uber (too heavy to carry in the subway), headed downtown and arrived at the waiting spot. Five people were in line already. I installed my stuff and 15 minutes later we where smoking a joint, talking about Lana, laughing, having fun.

Here's the list of things I brought with me:

A good folding chair with back support
A small umbrella (very useful as it was a sunny day and almost everybody in line got sunburn. Useful if it's raining as well)

B004048VNK.01-1148800701.PT._V385819611_
A foam gym mat
A sleeping bag (It was chilly that night)
An inflated cushion
Toiletries (toothbrush, deo, makeup, facecloth)
Changing clothes and underwear
Melatonin
A big bottle of water
(I forgot to bring food, so I had to eat at McDo twice, ew)
iPhone extra battery and charger
Sleeping mask
Earplugs (that saved me, because we were waiting in front of a busy street and some assholes where honking just for fun/piss us off, but take them anyway as people who wait with you might not sleep at the same time and the talking will wake you up)
A book
Paper and pen to write her a letter (more a wall of text tbh)

Everything would have been perfect if it wasn't for the cold night. My sleeping bag was not warm enough and I was shivering at times.

I started trying to sleep around midnight and every time I'd wake up I was pissed to see nobody else was getting in line. The next people in line got there at 5am. It's a gamble, but this time I didn't take any chance and got my ass in line early. I was #8. I thought I was #6 at first, but someone was saving a spot for two people who arrived around 6am. It didn't change a thing as I got the spot I wanted on first row (2-3 feet left of the center of the stage, right in front of the stairs).

2uq0yex.jpg

A lot of people stopped their car to ask us what artist we were going to see, as people usually don't linup in that part of the venue. Most of them had no clue who was Lana Del Rey. @@NuclearHeart: mention spéciale au vieux couple qui nous a demandé si on faisait la file pour acheter des billets pour voir Michel Louvain. Une fan dans la quarantaine lui a répondu non, on vient pour voir Elvis et le gars a pensé au show de Martin Fontaine et rendu à ce stade-là on a juste lâché prise sur eux. Voyons calisse...

The wait didn't seem long at all during the day. Grimes passed in front of us I think it was around noon. Someone recognize her and wanted to take a picture, but she declined with a smile as she had to go to the hospital. Something with her leg. She performed later with a splint on her foot and she didn't seem to give a fuck about her situation. She performed like a firecracker, dancing and everything. Her show was great. I'm not a fan of her music, but I still enjoyed the performance. She was super happy to be there and I think she mentioned Montreal was her hometown.

Then Lana came and I burst in tears. Seriously, I couldn't control my face. I was too excited, too emotional (I'm Cancer, I can't help it). She looked like a goddess in her long lace dress. She was so elegant, so feminine, so confident. She was moving on the stage so gracefully, she was totally comfortable and in control. Her vocals where great. No sound problems that distracted her. It was a good day She was generous, we got 15 songs! It's much appreciated considering how tired she must have been (two concerts in a row. I think she enjoy a day off between shows). She also gave us 5 star as an audience (*cough* Toronto… )

(Just kidding!)

The Setlist:

Cruel World
Cola
Blue Jeans
West Coast
Us Against the World
Born To Die
Ultraviolence
Summertime Sadness
Chelsea Hotel No. 2
Brooklyn Baby
Shades of Cool (that was the best imo!)
Serial Killer (with 1.5 moan!)
Video Games
Why Don't You Do Right
Off To The Races

She went to the barricade twice. The first time didn't last long, just a few seconds. People obviously lost their mind and the heavy pushing started. Maybe she saw some people struggling to survive, so she decided to get back to stage so they could breathe again. Seriously, I didn't care much about the pushing. I actually liked it as it was

massaging my sore back lol. Then, she came down again at the end of the show while her musician where still playing OTTR and spent an average 10 seconds with everybody who was front row. The pushing was so bad I though I would drop my phone.Talking about phone… I had a phone malfunction and my selfie with her was ruined by bad light or something. When she was to my level, I though I would faint. Here's what I remember:

Me: I love you so much…! I don't know what to say…
Her: Aww thank you!

(She gave me the most beautiful smile I've ever seen in my entire life, her face was luminous)
Me: I brought a gift for you

I handed her my gift bag and she thanked me. Then I asked for a selfie and it went bad, my cellphone was acting crazy and I was loosing precious seconds. I took 3 selfies. The quality of the image is so bad, but hey I got one!

It's just ridiculous. I spent precious time trying to figure out what was wrong with the phone when I could simply have had a hug. I would have much preferred a warm embrace as I initially didn't plan to share the selfie with anybody and I'm not into bad photography. Oh whatever...

I didn't have time to ask her to sign my UV vinyl.

So, almost off to the races she went (The Grand Prix weekend is starting now). A lot of people were waiting for her outside the venue. I waited about an hour to finally discover that she probably left. People have found out an article in the online newspaper saying she left to the airport minutes after the show. There was a picture of her in a SUV getting out of the venue. A paparazzi took it. Now I just saw someone's tweet: "When your dad texts you telling you that Lana Del Rey is staying at the same hotel as him in Montreal. WHY AM I NOT THERE". Is it true? She didn't reply. If that's true then fuck, shoot me. But I understand that she wants to go to NY to be with Francesco, that's alright :)

93e8926e-8557-4a4e-b84f-8553f98f873f_ORI

I know, I know... I met her during the concert, but I would have much preferred to talk to her after the show when it's more quiet. I was so emotional, I have like a mini black-out. The most weird part is that I don't remember is we kissed each other. I don't think so, as I would have remembered, but my friends saw us on the giant screen, kissing each other on the cheek. Maybe they didn't see properly. I'll try to find a video, hopefully I will see how it all happened. It was like in a dream and a nightmare at the same time, as I was not in control and I was overwhelmed which I don't like. I felt like I was on painkiller, not 100% there.

When we got out of the venue and tried to figure out where she would come out, one of the guy I befriended with in the VIP Silver line said that he asked her (while she was taking selfies at the end of the show) if she would meet after and she said yes. So I didn't know what to do. I stayed an hour, then decided to leave. I was exhausted. When I got home I drank 7 shooters of rum back to back and cried in the shower. Post-concert depression. Big time. I also cried when I woke up, starting to think she left so quickly, she probably didn't take my gift(S) and letter with her. I'm alright now.

Overall it was an amazing experience and I would do it again. I know I said to people around me that it was a one shot thing, but I will do it again.

My video of Serial Killer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9emvdx86IGM

@@kik loved reading your experience ! there were so many people waiting outside the venue it would have been quite hard for security I think.

i'm marc by the way we met together during the waiting :) 

funny how we spoke a little on this forum before but didn't know in real 

@@kik loved reading your experience ! there were so many people waiting outside the venue it would have been quite hard for security I think.

i'm marc by the way we met together during the waiting :)

funny how we spoke a little on this forum before but didn't know in real 

Thank you :)

Yes, there was a shitload of people at the garage door, security was yelling at people to get back on the side walk lol.

Were you the first in line? I'm terrible with names, sorry...!!

@@kik its a bit frustrating for those who probably waited 3+ hours but i understand where lana is coming from.

wasn't last year much more quiet ? 

and yes I was you're good ! :)

@@marc yes it was more quiet last year, but unfortunately I didn't wait. I'm never gonna buy a GA ticket if I'm not guaranteed front row. The barricade saved my life. Refer to NuclearHeart experience. It was pretty much the same experience for me last year. When you have nothing to hold on to, it's absolutely disgusting. That's why I left, I was like fuck that shit.

#regrets

@@kik WTF TU ME NIAISES-TU  :toofunny: j'aurais aimé ça voir ça ahahah Moi j'ai eu le droit à un ''C'est quoi qu'ils chantent eux?''  :eek:

I forgot to say that, at the gates, before the show, people were pushing so much that they had to close the doors and only allow 5 persons at the time (by door) because the other employers inside couldn't do their job and they yelled at us a lot lol

UM7JOQb.gif

@@kik, I was waiting for you to post! Worth the wait, that was a good read! It sounds like you had a magical night anyway! This confirms that she hates Toronto (kidding but not entirely).

I felt that way too- not entirely there. I was mad at myself BC I waited half a year for this but I was so shocked that I kind of zoned out! Worst thing is that I wish I smiled at her more, I probably had a mouth hanging open shocked expression the whole time. Anyway she is so lovely that she probably knows that she has such an effect on fans. And yes, I said before that I won't do the pit again, but now I'm thinking I would!

Hope you get over the post concert depression. Thanks for posting!

Bury me to Bel Air.

@@kik Thanks for the great review!  Sounds like you had a magical experience.  I had a minor case of PCD after the first time I saw Lana last year at Hollywood Forever.  This last time, though, I was fine.  I was actually glad to be out because I was sore all over.  The experience was worth it, though. :)

Thank you everyone!

-

I noticed today a really strange bruise behind my leg, probably got it at the pit. WTF is that? It doesn't hurt AT ALL.

2mq1cmv.jpg

The best Lana show I have ever attented. Too bad I had my old phone back then so some of the pictures are lost and also I'm too much of a coward to post my selfie with Lanz on here. :rip:

I know this is an old forgotten thread, but I found my old phone and I was able to retrieve the pictures on there. Long story short: here are a couple of shots I took that night (sorry if the quality is a bit iffy and also I've hidden my face and my friends' face because I'm too shy to post that on here :rip: :toofunny: ).

MBxumYt.jpg

v2ItLob.jpg

KPd775f.jpg

2I0Kb6v.jpg

1ri06Gb.jpg

fE2CdOF.jpg

oTUVooO.jpg

Here are the altered pictures:

iTForSC.jpg

58pt2NT.jpg

The Endless Summer Tour was honestly amazing, her best tour in my honest opinion. 

Her peak. Beautiful live vocals, an amazing set list, looked stunning, UV era, etc.

It's honestly the best tour and it also had the best set list, before it come tired and repetitive.