Sign in to follow this  
Bae

Toronto, ON @ Molson Canadian Amphithere - June 3rd, 2015

There are no parking available at the venu. So please find a new way of getting there if you plan on parking.

Wow, seriously?  A venue hosting a headliner like Lana with no parking???  That's messed up...

Wow, seriously?  A venue hosting a headliner like Lana with no parking???  That's messed up...

We've had a lot of construction the last few years because the amusement park that the amphitheater is on is getting stripped. Also, there's other construction for the Pan Am games this July.  Sadly they're are not going to clean up just for Lana...

Bury me to Bel Air.

There is parking but imagine trying to get out once the concert is over and prices for parking is insane, I recommend anyone to take either the Go Train (anyone from outside of Toronto, it stops right in front of the CNE grounds and you walk straight across the bridge to Molson or by TTC take the Bathurst street car (this will also take you to the CNE grounds from bathurst station)

Live Forever Golden Grill.

There is parking but imagine trying to get out once the concert is over and prices for parking is insane

I suppose that depends on your venue.  Parking at my venue was free!  (They also had "VIP parking," which was not part of the VIP ticket packages, and that cost extra.  Not sure what the advantage was... it was a *little* closer, but still the same crowd getting out.)

This is going to be my first time seeing Lana so I was just wondering what time should I get there?

That depends on what type of ticket you have, but in general, the earlier, the better. :)  I had a Silver VIP ticket and I got there at 8:45 AM.  There were already around 50 or so people in line, and as I learned later, I was #22 of the Silver VIP ticket holders.

This may vary from venue to venue, but at mine, if you had Gold VIP or Bronze VIP, or regular (non-pit) tickets, you had an assigned seat, so the only real reason to get there at least somewhat early was to beat some of the parking crowd.  If you have Silver VIP or a regular GA Pit ticket, then if you want to get close to front and center of the pit, be there early.  WAY early if you don't have Silver VIP.  There were people at my venue who camped out overnight.

If there's a GA lawn area, and it's at the back of the venue like it was at mine, then getting there early won't really gain you anything.  The view from pretty much anywhere on the lawn will be the same; you'll mainly be watching the big screens, not the stage itself.

So I guess the short answer is really that if you have Silver VIP or GA Pit tickets, get there early.  Otherwise, don't bother. :)

@@Honeymooner the venue in Toronto is very tricky since it's on a small island, finding parking anywhere close by is near impossible since its so close to the highway so the only designated parking would be the venues parking but by the end of the night it will be jammed back getting out, anyone parking at the venue..Good luck :agree:

This is going to be my first time seeing Lana so I was just wondering what time should I get there?

If you have GA/VIP tickets I would of showed up early but if it's Lawn or Seated tickets and aren't interested in seeing the opening act I'd show up around 8 (it also depends on your travel time, if your driving or taking the subway)

Hi Toronto fans going! Please report back to this thread on all concert details and your experiences tonights show! :D

enjoy..

Before getting to my seat a lot of girls were being kicked out of the venue for being drunk and one girl got dragged out by police :facepalm:

When Lana played CH a lot of bandwagon fans sat down (I actually recorded them via snapchat calling them bandwagon fans for sitting down :lel:)

She talked about Honeymoon briefly saying it's coming in September and only played Serial Killer (In terms of unreleased songs)

Would anybody be able to grab me a gold Lana lighter and/or ANY tour shirt in a size medium?

I'll pay you shipping and whatever you want extra! PM me pleaseeee

If I saw this earlier I would have, I believe I commented on your post about this :(

Hi everyone, I am home from the concert tonight! Here's my experience, hope this helps for future attendees lining up. BTW I had silver VIP

Highlights

- if you're lining up for the pit, split the regular and VIP lines early on

- my guess is that there were around 70-90 silver VIP

- I got a selfie with Lana! Life goal complete!!!

- Lana accepted my gift!!!! It was a embroidered flag of a scene from Ride

Early line up for pit admission

I got there at 6am with @@Bae. I was #16 by the system made by the people that arrived first (they camped out from the day before). We had a mixed line of regular and VIP which was a mess. The venue staff came at 1pm and told all regular tickets to come out of the line, and line up in a different area. Of course everyone got up and rushed to the exit. So the regular tickets that had camped out all night were no longer in the first spots, I felt bad for them.

While lining up around noon (before the lines got split), 2 regular tickets came with their mom and tried to cut in line. Their argument was that there was empty space along the barricade, so they were entitled to bud the ~40 regular tickets and take that space. People tried to reason with them but they (mostly the mom) did not understand respect for others....

The VIP line got a little mixed up and the venue staff said that our number systems would not matter anymore. But we all agreed that we would stay in our number order, like civilized human beings.

3:30-4pm the VIP host came to give numbered wristbands. Then we could leave until 5pm to pick up the actual tickets

Entering the Pit

We didn't get swag bags, since they will be shipped to us. Maybe this is because we're a Canadian location. Anyway I prefer this.

Then we lined up again in another area. Later the VIP host put everyone back in order, more waiting, then they lead us in single filed.

I was front row center! Just to the right of the mic and the stairs (which were in the middle of the stage). I tried to make space for myself along the barricade but every time I moved the smallest muscle, my space would shrink. Another VIP girl with number 50-ish was behind me (2nd row).

Physical Experience in the Pit

I suggested to my neighbours that if anyone tried to get on the barricade from behind us, we would grab eachothers' arms. No one tried to get inbetween us! I was amazed. There was constant pressure on my back from the other people. A girl was kneeing me in the back of my knee, but I think it was not intentional. I ended up taking a wider stance and she ended up having a leg inbetween mine :S I'm 5'2" so I guess that was a good position for her to look right over my head.

When Lana came closer (to the steps or the other side of the barricade) the crowd would surge from sides and behind. When that happened, literally I have not felt so much force across my whole torso ever. I had a letter for Lana between me and the barricade, and I really had to fight to get the smallest gap to slide it out.

My brother who was in the second row, but ended up 3rd row said the concert felt like being in strong ocean currents.

I was holding my flag over the barricade, and a photographer came to take some photos of it. I felt very cool. He looked like Francesco but darker haired.

My Concert Experience

Grimes- I was not into her music previously, but the energy she puts on just makes you feel like having fun. She's very entertaining, humble and spunky. She was very confident and delivered in her performance.

Lana (singing)- AMAZINGGGGG! She was gorgeous, confident, smiled a lot, really into it, vocally strong. I'm bad at remembering the set list, but no DR, UATW, YCBTB. She did the SK moan, and had that "I know you're all going to go crazy" look on her face, what a sweetie. She did come down the steps once but didn't really go towards the crowd. I don't remember her saying HM will be released in September, I heard her say "this year".

Lana (greeting fans)- She came down at the end with OTTR instrumental in the background. So I know there is a theory that she greets people on the her right side of the stairs, but she only went to her left. When she was 5 people away from me I was so nervous that she would for some reason go back or skip me (I'm skeptical and have low expectations to avoid let downs). I swear I saw her hair get caught on something, but it was quickly freed and she smiled as if we all knew that her hair was pulled last year in Toronto.

When she got to me, she looked me in the eyes and I could not say what I had rehearsed millions of times before. I think I said "I made this for you" about the flag I made. But I think I was really quiet because I was so shocked, and she couldn't hear. Also I didn't want to lean in to say it in case I got pushed forward or she likes her personal space. So we took a picture together!!!! I still cannot believe that this happened! She didn't take my gift because we had the misunderstanding. She moved on to greet others. I wasn't sure if I could give it to her so I motioned to the security guard infront of me to put my gift on the stage, but he gestured for me to give it to her (she was much further down at that point). When she came back to go up the steps again, I stuck out my flag and letter as far as I could. I think I had a crying face on at that point because I was so overwhelmed. She gave me a look of appreciation like "really, you are willing to giving this to me?" I nodded and she took it!!! Omg, what a Goddess indeed. I'm still in shock and can't believe this all happened!! I don't know how to add pictures, but you can see them on my Insta account "weekendirene"

But sadly a girl I knew from the line was taking a selfie with Lana, but because so many people were pushing, she couldn't get the photo. I feel really bad for her. And I don't understand why people in the back rows stick their arms out to take a really close up photo of Lana or take a photo of Lana and whoever she is taking a selfie with? Anyway, it was unfortunate and I just feel bad for her.

Hope you enjoyed the story of my experience!

Bury me to Bel Air.

I was in the 201 section, which is pretty close considering how many seats were behind me... and I could barely see Lana all night long. There were so many grown men? Not singing along or anything but with their arms straight up recording on phones. And the amount of fake fans around just STANDING THERE AND TALKING? And yeah sitting down during Chelsea, my favourite ruined by drunk girls screaming. Lana sounded amazing though, I loved the set and the band was great. I really just am disappointed, not her fault obviously. I barely think concerts are worth it unless you're GA

Hi everyone, I am home from the concert tonight! Here's my experience, hope this helps for future attendees lining up. BTW I had silver VIP

Highlights

- if you're lining up for the pit, split the regular and VIP lines early on

- my guess is that there were around 70-90 silver VIP

- I got a selfie with Lana! Life goal complete!!! 

- Lana accepted my gift!!!! It was a embroidered flag of a scene from Ride

Early line up for pit admission

I got there at 6am with @@Bae. I was #16 by the system made by the people that arrived first (they camped out from the day before). We had a mixed line of regular and VIP which was a mess. The venue staff came at 1pm and told all regular tickets to come out of the line, and line up in a different area. Of course everyone got up and rushed to the exit. So the regular tickets that had camped out all night were no longer in the first spots, I felt bad for them. 

While lining up around noon (before the lines got split), 2 regular tickets came with their mom and tried to cut in line. Their argument was that there was empty space along the barricade, so they were entitled to bud the ~40 regular tickets and take that space. People tried to reason with them but they (mostly the mom) did not understand respect for others....

The VIP line got a little mixed up and the venue staff said that our number systems would not matter anymore. But we all agreed that we would stay in our number order, like civilized human beings. 

3:30-4pm the VIP host came to give numbered wristbands. Then we could leave until 5pm to pick up the actual tickets

Entering the Pit

We didn't get swag bags, since they will be shipped to us. Maybe this is because we're a Canadian location. Anyway I prefer this.

Then we lined up again in another area. Later the VIP host put everyone back in order, more waiting, then they lead us in single filed. 

I was front row center! Just to the right of the mic and the stairs (which were in the middle of the stage). I tried to make space for myself along the barricade but every time I moved the smallest muscle, my space would shrink. Another VIP girl with number 50-ish was behind me (2nd row). 

Physical Experience in the Pit

I suggested to my neighbours that if anyone tried to get on the barricade from behind us, we would grab eachothers' arms. No one tried to get inbetween us! I was amazed. There was constant pressure on my back from the other people. A girl was kneeing me in the back of my knee, but I think it was not intentional. I ended up taking a wider stance and she ended up having a leg inbetween mine :S I'm 5'2" so I guess that was a good position for her to look right over my head.

When Lana came closer (to the steps or the other side of the barricade) the crowd would surge from sides and behind. When that happened, literally I have not felt so much force across my whole torso ever. I had a letter for Lana between me and the barricade, and I really had to fight to get the smallest gap to slide it out.

My brother who was in the second row, but ended up 3rd row said the concert felt like being in strong ocean currents.

I was holding my flag over the barricade, and a photographer came to take some photos of it. I felt very cool. He looked like Francesco but darker haired. 

My Concert Experience 

Grimes- I was not into her music previously, but the energy she puts on just makes you feel like having fun. She's very entertaining, humble and spunky. She was very confident and delivered in her performance. 

Lana (singing)- AMAZINGGGGG! She was gorgeous, confident, smiled a lot, really into it, vocally strong. I'm bad at remembering the set list, but no DR, UATW, YCBTB. She did the SK moan, and had that "I know you're all going to go crazy" look on her face, what a sweetie. She did come down the steps once but didn't really go towards the crowd. I don't remember her saying HM will be released in September, I heard her say "this year".

Lana (greeting fans)- She came down at the end with OTTR instrumental in the background. So I know there is a theory that she greets people on the right side of the stairs, but she only went to the left. When she was 5 people away from me I was so nervous that she would for some reason go back or skip me (I'm skeptical and have low expectations to avoid let downs). I swear I saw her hair get caught on something, but it was quickly freed and she smiled as if we all knew that her hair was pulled last year in Toronto. 

When she got to me, she looked me in the eyes and I could not say what I had rehearsed millions of times before. I think I said "I made this for you" about the flag I made. But I think I was really quiet because I was so shocked, and she couldn't hear. Also I didn't want to lean in to say it in case I got pushed forward or she likes her personal space. So we took a picture together!!!! I still cannot believe that this happened! She didn't take my gift because we had the misunderstanding. She moved on to greet others. I wasn't sure if I could give it to her so I motioned to the security guard infront of me to put my gift on the stage, but he gestured for me to give it to her (she was much further down at that point). When she came back to go up the steps again, I stuck out my flag and letter as far as I could. I think I had a crying face on at that point because I was so overwhelmed. She gave me a look of appreciation like "really, you are willing to giving this to me?" I nodded and she took it!!! Omg, what a Goddess indeed. I'm still in shock and can't believe this all happened!! I don't know how to add pictures, but you can see them on my Insta account "weekendirene"

But sadly a girl I knew from the line was taking a selfie with Lana, but because so many people were pushing, she couldn't get the photo. I feel really bad for her. And I don't understand why people in the back rows stick their arms out to take a really close up photo of Lana or take a photo of Lana and whoever she is taking a selfie with? Anyway, it was unfortunate and I just feel bad for her. 

Hope you enjoyed the story of my experience!

Best review ever! Thanks xx