ever since listening to Badlands in full I've changed my opinion on Halsey.... I used to be a hater but I realized she writes some damn good lyrics and most of her songs are great, too bad her image and personality are annoying in my opinion and sometimes her visuals/sound are very (very) similar to the ones of other artists..... anyways I won't hate on her anymore x

giphy.gif

ever since listening to Badlands in full I've changed my opinion on Halsey.... I used to be a hater but I realized she writes some damn good lyrics and most of her songs are great, too bad her image and personality are annoying in my opinion and sometimes her visuals/sound are very (very) similar to the ones of other artists..... anyways I won't hate on her anymore x

This is the exact opinion I have of her, so for anyone getting confused at me hating, but then staying on this thread, its because I do listen to her music, but kind of try to forget who she really is and everything she denys

Even from the first time I listened to her (it was Hurricane, and Gasoline), I thought "yeah this is cool I like the production", but I just could not get this feeling off my nerves, like I just did not like what she was trying to do...It was like she was doing everything she could to be original but it just wasnt working.

And this is why im not a fan of her radio-hits that made her break-through. I stick to her better songs like I Walk The Line, Roman Holiday, Empty Gold & Haunting cause they dont sound the exact same as the others

i stand by the trinity of Alone, 100 Letters and Hopeless being the top 3 from the album.  the only song i dont like (excluding prologue and good mourning) is lie because i dont like quavo but otherwise?  hfk is solid and i need to find more songs like alone tbh

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

When she played Hopeless @ the hfk tour with that video compilation in the background I teared up tbh and I'm not even a stan you can tell she genuinely cares about her relationships with her fans 

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

What’s her current sexual orientation? Not sure what is fashionable right now on tumblr, but I’m pretty sure that she keeps up with what tumblr is onto right now

I did have a little chuckle at this tbh, but I think its important not to dismiss bisexuality as a trend

I mean, I know Halsey seems to be trying to keep up with alternative trends (and pop trends whenever she decides) for the most part, but sexuality is a little different

Sorry for bumping the thread without any news, but I'm honestly considering stanning Halsey as my new faux neo-alternative queen after all this shitty Melanie Martinez drama

I now actually feel bad about all the shit Ive said about Halsey. I mean, she may be an unoriginal fake but she never hurt anyone

So.. Hate on this all you like but I bought a ticket to see Halsey when she comes to Australia in April.

I've been realising since the melanie shit went down that I was hating on the wrong artist. Although I don't exactly take back any of the "Shit I've said about Halsey' volume 1 by Cult Leader", I do realise that none of those reasons were valid and were all half-opinion based. I like Halsey's music so I am going to see her perform live.

I'm kinda going to take the Melanie thing as a lesson not the be a hater unless they've done something serious like hurt someone.

Also, if something DOES happen with Halsey before April, I have ticket insurance :oopna:

While Halsey as a persona i dislike heavily (especially her character, it can be obnoxious) i can't deny i love the visuals and the themes and how she paints a picture and sticks to it- and she really does love her fans. 

also i went to her phx concert on Halloween and it was a fucking S H O W. She puts on incredible live performances and the background visuals were gorgeous and so appealing, i also loved how she played with her VIP members, allowing them to be the two houses and whoever cheered louder got their special song to be sung, ours was Hurricane :flutter: