Wow I never noticed how much she sounds like Lizzy from MS MR, if MS MR changed their production to what Halsey's it'd be hard to tell the difference

I always thought the same thing. I think Halsey is a bit smoother/easier on the ears though.

MkWI4Ns.png

Wow I never noticed how much she sounds like Lizzy from MS MR, if MS MR changed their production to what Halsey's it'd be hard to tell the difference

They sound nothing alike. :deadbanana: Is it just me?

:w8ing: Secondhand Rapture

BzhmW.png

Why try-hard?

The lyrics are what bother me, they just seem so cringeworthy. Especially in the chorus with the whole We are the New Americana, high on legal marijuana. Raised on biggie and nirvana etc. The song feels like it's trying too hard to be some outsiders anthem and the overall effect just comes up flat for me. Perhaps it'll grow on me, but my first ten listens or so I get the impression she's trying too hard when she doesn't need to.

Nothing scares me anymore.

I hate the new version, the production just sounds very cheesy and I hate the snare in the pre-chorus. It makes it sound like its trying too hard to be an "anthem" which I didn't get from the demo

The lyrics are what bother me, they just seem so cringeworthy. Especially in the chorus with the whole We are the New Americana, high on legal marijuana. Raised on biggie and nirvana etc. The song feels like it's trying too hard to be some outsiders anthem and the overall effect just comes up flat for me. Perhaps it'll grow on me, but my first ten listens or so I get the impression she's trying too hard when she doesn't need to.

I felt like this the first time I hard the demo. I just ended up finding the chorus very catchy and it got stuck in my heard really easily. As the song grew on my I noticed (imo) the verses are really clever and have a decent amount of depth in the wordplay she uses (I can see how the baseline message could come off as trying too hard). I do agree that the chorus comes off as very catered to the "I shop at urban outfitters and I'm not like most girls at my high school because I smoked a cigarette once" but I feel like the song (again particularly the verses) have some decent writing in them and I can't deny that the song is really catchy.

She should've just released Colors cuz that song is ACE

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18