6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   buster

buster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 9h 18m 2s

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:20 PM

The link for the yet-to-rescheduled show from Dallas is up on Ticketmaster/Live Nation. 

http://concerts.live...S:1646704:98330

#2 OFFLINE   buster

buster

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:54 AM

No word on a date yet. Fear of this one being canceled.

#3 OFFLINE   graham4anything

graham4anything

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Time Online: 12d 5h 19m 20s

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:00 PM

One cannot just pick a date out of thin air.

One has to coordinate it with the staging the road crew the dates available, who else is playing that day in the area so there is no conflicts, millions of things

and where it fits into the availability of everyone being able to arrive in Texas from a different place.

It would not make sense, for instance, when Lana is Canada, to have it in the day in between the 2 dates would it?

Not to mention, one has to hire the people who work for the place itself (concession people, merchandise, security, insurance contracts,parking attendants and the thousand of other little things a fan might not be aware of

Not as simple as snapping ones fingers (especially these days where it is possible tour equiptment is shared between 2 entities.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

#4 OFFLINE   buster

buster

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:21 PM

One cannot just pick a date out of thin air.
One has to coordinate it with the staging the road crew the dates available, who else is playing that day in the area so there is no conflicts, millions of things
and where it fits into the availability of everyone being able to arrive in Texas from a different place.
It would not make sense, for instance, when Lana is Canada, to have it in the day in between the 2 dates would it?

Not to mention, one has to hire the people who work for the place itself (concession people, merchandise, security, insurance contracts,parking attendants and the thousand of other little things a fan might not be aware of

Not as simple as snapping ones fingers (especially these days where it is possible tour equiptment is shared between 2 entities.

You assumed a lot in your response. No one ever said I expected a date out of thin air or by snapping ones fingers. I am not an unrealistic person with unrealistic expectations. I have been going to concerts since 1984 - I understand logistics. I don't need a smart ass giving me their version of it. I was just wondering since we hadn't heard about a new date yet after 2 and a half weeks, I was just worried it might be easier for them to cancel than reschedule.
  • mrbritster and letsescapelizzy like this

#5 OFFLINE   Mario

Mario

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationGrand Prairie, TX
  • Time Online: 77d 23h 11m 12s

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:15 PM

New date announced: May 9, 2016, at the Gexa Energy Pavilion

tumblr_mgjdpcyad71s051bzo1_500.gif

#6 OFFLINE   letsescapelizzy

letsescapelizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Time Online: 31d 17h 19m 57s

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:46 AM

2016??

#7 OFFLINE   buster

buster

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:19 PM

@buster@Mario@letsescapelizzy The show is canceled.

http://concerts.live...S:1646704:98330

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users