HEARTCORE

Soko

Sounds like: a more punk & more French Sky Ferreira (they also look EXTREMELY similar)

Soko-Photo-by-Robin-Black-620x352.jpg

Soko (real name Stéphanie Sokolinski) is a French singer-songwriter. She has 2 studio albums and 1 EP so far, all of very different styles and genres. The folk/indie pop Not Sokute EP was released in 2007, whilst the masochistic I Thought I Was An Alien debuted in 2012. She then dyed her hair blonde and released the punk album My Dreams Dictate My Reality in 2015. Listen to some tracks below:

I'll Kill Her (from Not Sokute EP)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhh-MJVWwXY

No More Home, No More Love (from I Thought I Was An Alien)

Ocean of Tears (from My Dreams Dictate My Reality)

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I really like I Thought I Was an Alien but now every time I look at her all I can think of is a counterfeit version of the true Queen of the Solar System Sky Ferreira.

MTE, she sounds (and looks) like a cheap version of Sky...still, she'll make the wait for Masochism a bit easier

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

she seems cool but its ruined by the fact that shes pretty much just copied sky ? thats so second rate

yh i have a feeling that she's probably the copycat Sky tweeted about a few months ago? but oh well shes ok

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

This...She doesn't even do electropop

Like.........this is more dream-pop, punk tinged than what NTMT was. If anything My Dreams Dictate My Reality was what Sky was trying to do with NTMT but couldn't do completely (i.e. pop tracks like I Blame Myself, Love in Stereo, 24 Hours, & You're Not the One). 

Soko is also an actress, she was in Her and Augustine among others, and has a Lana Del Rey connection with the Daniel Johnston short film.

She played Dream Laurie in Hi How are you Daniel Johnston

Her song, We might be Dead by Tomorrow, rocketed to #9 on the US Hot 100 (staying on the chart for only one week), after it was used for a youtube  video "First Kiss"

making it the only record to be in the top 10 and fall off the charts the next week.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Her song, We might be Dead by Tomorrow, rocketed to #9 on the US Hot 100 (staying on the chart for only one week), after it was used for a youtube  video "First Kiss"

making it the only record to be in the top 10 and fall off the charts the next week.

Legend

It would be great if SSOI would be the lead for an album but I guess it's like "Girls On Film" - just a single she wanted to put out there. It's a wonderful track anyway

Listening to this chick now wow mddmr is so similar to ntmt did she copy sky it's good but she sounds like she ripped off her formula and made it less 80s

SoKo was around way before Sky and her sound is much less pop.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!