Sign in to follow this  
naachoboy

Jamie XX: I worked with Lana on my album, but it didnt make the cut.

random madrigal appearance woah! i love In Colour it's a rly solid album, lots of bops. Have you listened to We're New Here? it's a remix album sampling Gil Scott-Heron v good. my bf and i rly like NY Is Killing Me.

bae. <3 i haven't - i know it for the sample "Take Care" came from, of course. i started it last week and remember being surprised that it opened with such an obvious "Flashing Lights" sample i couldn't find credited anywhere. aside from that, i remain interested, just have been too distracted to sit down and listen to it. 

This is the worst news ever bc In Colour is SO good (ty as always to @@YUNGATA)

hey, buddy. by the way, what are you guys' favourite xx songs? i'm trying to gauge opinions from all sorts of their listeners, and i know y'all are perfect sample listeners. 

and did you see that jamie played some unreleased twigs vocals for the pitchfork interviewer? add to queue of his unreleased collaborations. 

So this makes it the second collaboration to not be officially released? (the other being with A$AP and the beach boys )(And does the TAMARAMA feat. even counts as one ?)

there are so many we've probably never even heard of yet it's nigh pointless to speculate. i mean, tech n9ne of all people wants to get with her on a track. if a completely indie, lowkey horror-core rapper wants to work with her, just imagine how many other artists have reached out to her. 

bae.

hey, buddy. by the way, what are you guys' favourite xx songs? i'm trying to gauge opinions from all sorts of their listeners, and i know y'all are perfect sample listeners. 

lemme kno how you find it! I think he's a real talented producer/dj. i caught his set at laneway festival a couple years back and man it just had such good vibes. v chill everyone dancing~

As for the xx i love pretty much all of the first album and a few from the second. if i had to cut it down to specific tracks i guessssss Intro, VCR, Islands, Heart Skipped A Beat, Angels, Missing and Reunion. I hadn't seen the unreleased! but i will look at it now :3

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

i love Intro, i think i listened to it for an entire work day. there's a 10 hour version of the song, pretty sure it just loops but still. i could listen to it in its entirety.

i'm burning joss and waving sage in hopes that Lana collabos will be more fruitful in the future, b/c the Beach Boys & A$AP broke my heart. no wait, the cancellation of the Dallas show broke my heart, <<cue shedding of tears>>

yet another person(s) name dropping Lana for their own selfish needs

as if they are placing an advert and want Lana fans to rush out and spend money (oops sorry, haven't in the past, won't know, interests me not)

btw,  is Jamie xx, is that like Magic Mike Bloomberg XXL

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

anyone who listened to Brian Wilson's Last song realizes that he himself needed to be the only one to release it

It is so personal and so about him that it makes no sense for him to even have thought about having someone else sing it at this time

In fact, possibly Last Song is how Lana thought about Swan Song or perhaps Brian heard Swan Song and thought of Last Song

btw, I would love to see any of Lana's Honeymoon songs deconstructed like they showed in the Brian Wilson movie this year (with Paul Dano and John Cusack both as Brian).

All from sounds in Brian's head, much like Lana gets her song out of her head and onto the actual song

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

WHY AM I JUST SEEING THIS NOW

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.