letsescapelizzy

The Persona of Lana Del Rey

She's been talking about the same stuff since may jailer, the only thing I do think is a persona is just her visual aspect, not video wise cause they're still pretty similar, but more on the brown Priscilla hair but musically and the name change, Lana and Lizzy are one

:smokes:

Yes, sometimes i feel the same. i am sure me and her are extremely similar in many levels. I am much much more interested in her

than just the music. i worry a little about physc stuff, like BorderlinePD, etc, i wonder if any of that comes into play as well. personal stuff tho..

probably not for a forum, but still, thngs i think 'bout.. moodiness, and things.. guess everyone has something..

I don't think she's BPD, but a lot of her music is very BPD-ish (think driving in the car with boys, Ride, etc). 

tumblr_mwp2g0tk9a1rj6peio4_500.gif

I don't think she's BPD, but a lot of her music is very BPD-ish (think driving in the car with boys, Ride, etc). 

I think you're right.. I dont think she has borderline PD either.. she is to 'together' IMO, for to be that way..

Actually Lizzy is quite a sharp astute woman, and very smart girl IMO. 

But to the music/scenes, yes, the persona of LDR comes into play like a movie. All great artists, have a great colorful

imagination. You can be anything you want to imagine to be, when you are a musician, or an actor, or anonymous on the internet.. or..

OK- I want to hear the new material soon now please!! I'm suffering from not enough Lana news now.. starting to feel it.. :hawt:

I think you're right.. I dont think she has borderline PD either.. she is to 'together' IMO, for to be that way..

Actually Lizzy is quite a sharp astute woman, and very smart girl IMO. 

But to the music/scenes, yes, the persona of LDR comes into play like a movie. All great artists, have a great colorful

imagination. You can be anything you want to imagine to be, when you are a musician, or an actor, or anonymous on the internet.. or..

OK- I want to hear the new material soon now please!! I'm suffering from not enough Lana news now.. starting to feel it.. :hawt:

For sure, I think she does like to play with the imagery and aesthetic of such, and for her the persona of LDR is a way to escape and live out her imagination.

I knowww... I need some new Lana music 

tumblr_mwp2g0tk9a1rj6peio4_500.gif

For sure, I think she does like to play with the imagery and aesthetic of such, and for her the persona of LDR is a way to escape and live out her imagination.

I knowww... I need some new Lana music 

Yes, :)  maybe we will get something good we both love soon hopefully.. if not, have to wait a little while..

..all good things come to those who wait.  :giggle:

I think there are four main courses Lana's persona went:

Lolita, which is fluffy, innocent, flirty, flighty capricious and naive, and mischievous, that likes to tease older men („get us while we're hot“) or to take sweet advantage of them (while, simultaneously, she is being in a kind of trap and dominated reversely), like in „Off To The Races“, or provoking them with her barely blossoming sexuality („you know you like little girls“), or falls madly in love and seduces the figure of authority, like an officer in „Playing Dangerous“, or invoking nymphet Brigitte Bardot in „Moi je joue“ (she just plays, careless and free), or even sleeping with teachers, or just being a mess in her summer dress (ecstasy of sun kissed youth, not aware of sadnesses of life) in „Lolita“. All of that singing in a flamboyant girly voice.  :candy: :yesnod:  (Ok, part of them are still Lizzy, but they announce Lana)

Vamp/femme fatale archetype that has deadly, poisonous influence on men, but at the end she is the one left with some sour, agonizing cognition about life and relationships, hurt, bitter, tired and heartbroken („Million Dollar Man“, „Born To Die“, „Tired Of Singing The Blues“, „The Man I love“, „Pin Up Galore“). Actually, she is sultry vampish devourer of men, like a Medusa, but in the conclusion of the story she is the one that bears tragedy on her shoulders and drags it like the moon drags its ragged chrysalis in the darkest night of the soul (paraphrasing one of the poems by Sylvia Plath). :thirst:   :sadcore3:  :sadcore2:

Vulnerable girl next door (not yet a woman), submissive, masochistic, depressed, and totally, unconditionally devoted to her master, crawling for the crumbles and living in devastating denial that beating the hell out of her or sharing her with his alpha female is a dream life, and tough love is true love. She hates or loathes herself here, and being thrown in the pit by some disgusting, arrogant brute, she becomes the total opposite of glamorous Lana. She even self-hypnotizes herself in desperate attempt to extinguish the wounds and to keep going in that golden cage of hers. :sadcore6:

At the end, wild, untamed, multifaceted, chaotic soul tortured by her hyperactve, diamond, flashing mind, but deciding to just do what she wants and to abandon herself in the fiery grasp of her chameleonic, wanderlust, adventurous and ballsy personality. I would call it an Amazon or Lilith, the most affirmative aspect of her persona, that breaks free from all cuffs and coffins of other people's expectations and just jumps into fire, because life is courage, daring and being the captain of her own destiny. She is the most substantive here, the winner. (And that persona even has a touch of male aspect in it, therefore, she becomes psychologically androginous, while staying sensual and seductive.) „Ride“ would be the best example IMO, but „Fucked My Way Up To The Top“ also has hints of that persona, maybe „Money, Power, Glory“, although here she still partially is a slave to her desires and hungers, but satyrical tone of the song annihilates it.  :grinds: :rock:

And I forgot glam Lana, without love aches of vamp and sub part, who just sings about all her wins and losses, summed in one gorgeous cocktail (most songs from "Paradise"). :thirst:

Actually, i see a lot more ("Disco" and "Get Drunk", deeply personal and so Lizzy), but that is for another gigantic text sausage. :D

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

So, I see Lana as a grown up Lizzy, with much more informations and experience, therefore, with more complex and multilayered personality, which could be expanded in many branches, and there would always be subtle nuances that cause overlappings of Lana's subpersonas. She had a tough life, so maybe she first created ideal self, magnificent and enchanting, reinventing her being, and then descended into deepness and darkness, deconstructing that mysterious ideal by confessing total opposites (her pains and sorrows) and then again raised above from the ashes, like a snake that bites its own tail, all of that in parallel circles (I don't know if that makes any sense).

(I shouldn't write so much, I have a business to do)  :toofunny:   :ohno:  :)

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

Yes, sometimes i feel the same. i am sure me and her are extremely similar in many levels. I am much much more interested in her

than just the music. i worry a little about physc stuff, like BorderlinePD, etc, i wonder if any of that comes into play as well. personal stuff tho..

probably not for a forum, but still, thngs i think 'bout.. moodiness, and things.. guess everyone has something..

So true. And I have never thought about her having BorderlinePD. But I do think you're right in the sense that it's why we understand her so well.