Fusel

SONG PREMIERE: "Honeymoon"

I love this. This sounds Lynchian and beautiful. I know I'm too hyped and everything but it shits all over UV (the track) and pretty much the whole album :toofunny:

Her voice is steady and on point, the BTD dramatic strings are BACK ("Mr. Born to Lose" gave me feels too :creep: )

It's less repetitive sounding then I thought it would be, but the rest of the album needs to have songs that are even less repetitive than this

It's so Lynchian and I love it so much. I love the idea of this bring the opening track and the rest of the album sounding like that hauntingly beautiful outro. Lana has somehow outdone herself again :oprah:

The bridge onward to the end is definitely the best part, but the beginning sounds like a score for a horror movie and it's totally awesome. The song is a bit slow, but like I said, the ending where it starts to pick up a little is great. I could see it as an opener leading into faster songs or closing the album easily. I just don't like that repetitive chorus that goes nowhere. I'll give it a few more listens before judging more.

This is truly one of my favorite things she's done in ages, tbh. This exceeds even the best songs on Ultra, I think. Especially in terms of musicality- the arrangement, the orchestration. This is so next level for her. A lot of her strings before have sounded "influenced" by movie scores- these truly sound like one. I feel like this is such a perfect evolution from btd/paradise/ultra. I'm in love. The scatting at the end makes me so fucking happy that she finally put that in a record.

I think it would have been really cool if during the chorus, a drum beat would have kicked in a way similar to the Ultraviolence chorus.

Anyways, I think it's a really beautiful song and I love this fresh new sound. This has me very excited for the record.

Slay me hard, noir queen. This is so film score-y and begging for a creepy cute @ video. And even further from commercial appeal than Ultraviolence lmaooo

Looks like her descriptors are actually sorta fitting!

OMG shivers again

lana hits it out of the park and on the first listen.

Evocative, especially (though I doubt some will see it) of YAYO

and wow, it's dark, dark, dark

BRAVO!!!  once again, when one thinks how in hell will Lana surpass the last 350 songs where each one surprasses the other, and wham, Lana does it again.

It is one helleva great song.

The legend lives on.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I also like how she posted it on her own YouTube. It's really kind of a shitty lyric video, but it's endearing that it seems like she really did make it herself on like movie maker or something.

I also like the fact that she used a fanmade picture for the lyric video. 

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

I also like the fact that she used a fanmade picture for the lyric video. 

The fan must be so dead rn, first on instagram and then on the official audio, he/she's been chosen by the angels 

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif