Fusel

SONG PREMIERE: "Honeymoon"

and to add-

Henry Mancini

I can picture Henry Mancini at the piano

(edit to add- Henry scored hundreds of movies, in particular had a #1 song in 1969 with the Theme from Romeo and Juliet (which he did not score but arranged it from Nino Roto's score, and was the underlying melody of Lana's "Old Money")

It's like a 6 minute history of the movies (picture scenes from all the legendary Film Noir, picture Double Indemnity, picture Postman always rings twice, picture any Robert Mitchum movie)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

and to add-

Henry Mancini

I can picture Henry Mancini at the piano

(edit to add- Henry scored hundreds of movies, in particular had a #1 song in 1969 with the Theme from Romeo and Juliet

It's like a 6 minute history of the movies (picture scenes from all the legendary Film Noir, picture Double Indemnity, picture Postman always rings twice, picture any Robert Mitchum movie)

Henry Mancini died 20 years ago

smile.gif

i like it better than WC's debut, but her lyrics are so repetitive. the lyrics are meh but the actual music, including the guitar and strings are just absoutely sublime. hopefully more songs like this, instrument and percussion wise would be heavenly. 

but seriously, the lyrics minus the bridge just seems like she picked words that rhymed. but definitely looking forward to this record more than I did UV, sounds so much more mature and serious and sexy tbh

:dance:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

@@thatsomason- obviously.Henry died June 14, 1994. So it's actually 21 years, but like all legends, the music is eternal. (I can still recall where I was the first time I heard he hit #1 on the WABC music radio survey with his version of the theme from Romeo and Juliet that summer of 1969...

I had a long talk with him one of the last times he was in NYC prior to his death.

and yes, I can picture Henry at the piano here. (Kudo's to whomever is the piano player on the track, don't think that info has been released yet.)

Hope its @MrBironic  Byron Thomas, one of the coolest piano player these days

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

though I might not think much of the track itself, it's pretty cute that she posted it on her account and not the vevo one

That makes me think that maybe this is not really the lead single but just an appetizer for the album (maybe opening track), and the lead single will debut on her VEVO with a high-budget Music Video sometime next week

anyone else think of jfk and the jfk assasination during the bridge though? 

"there are violets in your eyes"which kind of makes me think of how eyes may look after someone is dead

"there are guns that blaze around you".. well u know the part when he was shot.

"there are roses in between my thighs" Jackie Kennedy had a bouquet of roses on her lap when JFK was killed. i remember some interview where she talked about all the roses people had.

"its no wonder every man in town had neither fought nor found you" sort of has the same message of these lyrics "He was the king of the town with a crown that would never fall" ,"One in a million, inimitable song" 

maybe I'm reaching but i just thought i would share :)

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

@@thatsomason- obviously.Henry died June 14, 1994. So it's actually 21 years, but like all legends, the music is eternal. (I can still recall where I was the first time I heard he hit #1 on the WABC music radio survey with his version of the theme from Romeo and Juliet that summer of 1969...

I had a long talk with him one of the last times he was in NYC prior to his death.

and yes, I can picture Henry at the piano here. (Kudo's to whomever is the piano player on the track, don't think that info has been released yet.)

Hope its @MrBironic  Byron Thomas, one of the coolest piano player these days

Wait how old are you?  

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

snooze fest.

sounds like ride, ultraviolence, young and beautiful(especially the bridge, reused melody from YaB and brooklyn baby), she rhymes everything with moon)

choruses sound copied and pasted 

i dooooo like the vocal layers and strings and the piano, so i'm hoping the album has some faster music with better lyrics.

OH MY GOD THE LYRICS ARE SO BAD.

I would rather have a 5 minute scat track. that was the best part.

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

snooze fest.

sounds like ride, ultraviolence, young and beautiful(especially the bridge, reused melody from YaB and brooklyn baby), she rhymes everything with moon)

i dooooo like the vocal layers and strings and the piano, so i'm hoping the album has some faster music with better lyrics.

Do you hate the lyrics? I don't think it was clear in your original post

snooze fest.

You know we've had the lyrics for like weeks now right?  :creep:

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

I knew that this musical goddess would not dissapoint me after hearing the initial snippet. I must say that I am overwhelmed with joy. She absolutely bat this song out of the park. Her confidence as a musician, as well as her maturity, have grown and are evident on "Honeymoon." I love how she breaks into that languid chorus with the repeating melodic "Our honeymoon" phrase.

In my opinion, this song is only a refining of the fierceness Lana has always given. I cannot deal.

Can someone (I'm on mobile) direct all these people with the default Tropico icon to that thread with info on how to solve it / change it because they all look like the same person / bots and it's kinda terrifying