Sign in to follow this  
boywonder

Boywonder's Lana fan art!

Hi there! I'm super new here, and I pretty much only feel like drawing Lana lately, so I figured I'd make this my first Lanaboards post!! 

5K4x9i.jpg

OMG This is hands down the best Lana drawing I have ever seen :defeated:

How can you be so good? I just love the way you drew the hair in that stylized way, and her dress, and her mysterious expression :hdu: :hdu: :hdu: 

This picture is everything. If you feel like it you should definitely draw more in this style, it's very distinct and different, she is still recognizable while you made it your own.

OMG This is hands down the best Lana drawing I have ever seen :defeated:

How can you be so good? I just love the way you drew the hair in that stylized way, and her dress, and her mysterious expression :hdu: :hdu: :hdu:

This picture is everything. If you feel like it you should definitely draw more in this style, it's very distinct and different, she is still recognizable while you made it your own.

That's so sweet, thank you for the kind words!! xx  :ohmy:

I actually was super worried about the hair seeming too cartoony, but it's nice to know that people don't really get that vibe. 

artblog2_zpst8g9kt4i.png

(pls don't yell @ me for double-posting-- just thought I'd drop this here.)

I posted another version of this in a status a few days ago, but this is a slightly clearer image. 

s0yck3.jpg

I'm still too scared to start on the background, but I'm working myself up to it. I'm gonna try to color the whole circle like space. 

Looking back on it, I sort of wish I hadn't done the Froot-inspired thing with her hair, since I don't think I'll be able to tie it into the background in a way that won't look gross. Oh well. Still have to reposition her ear and color it as well. 

But srsly, thank you all for being so rad and supportive.  :crai:

artblog2_zpst8g9kt4i.png

ev7vbm.jpg

Finally finished.    :oprah:  This took such a long time. Most of my time was spent being terrified to start the background.

I'd love to be able to give this to Lana. Even if it's weird as fuck to give someone a naked-in-space drawing of themselves. 

artblog2_zpst8g9kt4i.png

ev7vbm.jpg

Finally finished.    :oprah:  This took such a long time. Most of my time was spent being terrified to start the background.

I'd love to be able to give this to Lana. Even if it's weird as fuck to give someone a naked-in-space drawing of themselves. 

THIS IS ICONIC 

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

ev7vbm.jpg

Bludgeon my actual life, your talent is surreal. I have absolutely sub-zero talent in this kind of style, you're insane, I'm snatched. Lana loves beauty she will definitely dig this! Out of curiosity (as I'm an art student myself), may I ask what medium you use and how big it is?

ZKcaooE.png

Bludgeon my actual life, your talent is surreal. I have absolutely sub-zero talent in this kind of style, you're insane, I'm snatched. Lana loves beauty she will definitely dig this! Out of curiosity (as I'm an art student myself), may I ask what medium you use and how big it is?

!!! Aaaaaaa thank you so much! You are soooo kind and wonderful!!  :crai: (Plus if I'm not mistaken I've reblogged a couple of cocorosie things from you before-- You're extra rad for liking cocorosie!!!)

It's all Prismacolor colored pencil except for the stars, which I dotted on with a white paint pen and a toothpick!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it takes up most of a 9 x 12 inch sketchbook page!

artblog2_zpst8g9kt4i.png

!!! Aaaaaaa thank you so much! You are soooo kind and wonderful!!  :crai: (Plus if I'm not mistaken I've reblogged a couple of cocorosie things from you before-- You're extra rad for liking cocorosie!!!)

It's all Prismacolor colored pencil except for the stars, which I dotted on with a white paint pen and a toothpick!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it takes up most of a 9 x 12 inch sketchbook page!

NO WAY OMFG WHO ARE YOU LET ME FOLLOW YOU WTF. CocoRosie are my absolute penultimate violent favs ever and Lana is close so I'm so glad someone likes them all too haha! Thank you for your answers, the effect is really astonishing, I thought it would be much bigger!! I'm totally unable to use colour pencils so I'm really admiring! 

Edit: followed you back. Haha love your blog title  :D

ZKcaooE.png

ev7vbm.jpg

Finally finished. :oprah: This took such a long time. Most of my time was spent being terrified to start the background.

It's gorgeous ! "Been broken since I was born" ...

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

You guys are always so nice!! Thanks so much for all the feedback.

I started another one because I'm absolutely in love with the original photo.

34fgtio.jpg

Long way to go, but I'm excited to finish it!!

In other news, the amazing, incredible annedauphine (sorry i don't know how to tag u) has agreed to bring the space drawing (the one in my avatar) with her to give to Lana when she meets her on Friday! I'm so beyond excited/nervous/terrified, and forever grateful that she'd be willing to do that for someone she hardly knows. I called the post office and asked if it would be possible to send something from the US to the UK by the 17th, and they were very willing to work with me on it, so hopefully it gets there in time for Friday. Shipping was mad expensive, but it's so worth it.

I do kinda wonder, though: Honestly, do you guys think Lana will be weirded out by that particular drawing?

I'm a little worried that she'll interpret the shattered chest in a negative way, but that isn't how it's intended at all. I'm the queen of overthinking everything, so my mind is all over the place. I never thought it would be a real, tangible possibility to be able to give her one of my drawings, so this is wild for me.

artblog2_zpst8g9kt4i.png

You guys are always so nice!! Thanks so much for all the feedback.

I started another one because I'm absolutely in love with the original photo.

34fgtio.jpg

Long way to go, but I'm excited to finish it!!

In other news, the amazing, incredible annedauphine (sorry i don't know how to tag u) has agreed to bring the space drawing (the one in my avatar) with her to give to Lana when she meets her on Friday! I'm so beyond excited/nervous/terrified, and forever grateful that she'd be willing to do that for someone she hardly knows. I called the post office and asked if it would be possible to send something from the US to the UK by the 17th, and they were very willing to work with me on it, so hopefully it gets there in time for Friday. Shipping was mad expensive, but it's so worth it.

Pleasure is all mine honey <333 As I told you I'm extremely honoured and I absolutely understand, on many levels. I pray everything goes well! I'm watching the letterbox like some waited the HM leak :D

On other news this new drawing looks as much as amazing! I have absolutely subzero doubt Lana will love it :)

ZKcaooE.png

Pleasure is all mine honey <333 As I told you I'm extremely honoured and I absolutely understand, on many levels. I pray everything goes well! I'm watching the letterbox like some waited the HM leak :D

On other news this new drawing looks as much as amazing! I have absolutely subzero doubt Lana will love it :)

Just so you know, it'll be arriving in a really big (too big) poster tube thing that my dad insisted on sending. I wanted to just do a thicker document-sized envelope, but nope. Giant tube. Hahaha.

artblog2_zpst8g9kt4i.png

Just so you know, it'll be arriving in a really big (too big) poster tube thing that my dad insisted on sending. I wanted to just do a thicker document-sized envelope, but nope. Giant tube. Hahaha.

Haha perfect thank you for letting me know :D I should as well hire someone to carry all the house-sized things I'm giving her :rip:

ZKcaooE.png

Haha perfect thank you for letting me know :D I should as well hire someone to carry all the house-sized things I'm giving her :rip:

hahaha, the good thing is the drawing is actually quite small compared to the huge shipping tube!! I feel so bad asking you to babysit a piece of paper for several hours in what I imagine will be a large crowd of people. But to make things a little easier, I sent a protective cover thing too. 

If you don't mind me asking, what other stuff are you bringing for her?? Tbh I love hearing about the stuff people give her. It's so cute and personal. 

artblog2_zpst8g9kt4i.png

hahaha, the good thing is the drawing is actually quite small compared to the huge shipping tube!! I feel so bad asking you to babysit a piece of paper for several hours in what I imagine will be a large crowd of people. But to make things a little easier, I sent a protective cover thing too. 

If you don't mind me asking, what other stuff are you bringing for her?? Tbh I love hearing about the stuff people give her. It's so cute and personal. 

Honestly I'm not worried at all about that, all I can think about to this point is if Lana won't refuse to kiss :toofunny: And I just hope we have the right to bring her things omg... Worrying for nothing probably but... It's my first time. I'm bringing her my essay, a letter detailing how much I relate to her and how she's a big part in my addiction and ED recovery, and just vomiting my love on pages and pages. And also if I can, a bouquet of flowers or at least a rose. I hope she won't think I made it all credit obviously goes to you x_x Normally I'm going with Degenerate from here so we can organize and film each other's meeting, so hopefully you will have footage of me giving her your masterpiece :)

ZKcaooE.png