May

James Franco to Release "Flip-Side: Real and Imaginary Conversations with Lana Del Rey"

I transcribed it  :)

BORN TO DIE

My Little apartment in Los Feliz,

Said to once be owned by Charlie

Chaplin, but you know, they say that

About all the apartments in LA.

I dream about Lana Del Rey,

And she dreams about Lana Del Rey,

And is Lana Del Rey, a dream

She created and then entered.

(Will she enter the dream forever?)

In my little apartment I have my pot

And my wigs, and my make up,

That I apply slowly, in slow motion,

In my Marilyn mirror with the star lights,

And “Born to Die” on repeat,

And a tiger-orange fire in the background,

In my little mind, within my unsheathed

Head, shaved and naked, for now.

(I’ve entered the dream and killed reality)

Nathanael West’s Hollywood painting

Was a raging, Bosch-like, conflagration,

Full of his denizens on the outskirts:

Out of work cowboys, extras, unfunny comedians,

All screaming, and burning,

And also fanning the flames;

As they buttfucked, and sucked

In every room of all the Mansions.

In the Hollywood of the mind.

James Franco .                                                                                 

That poem... is he talking from Lana's perspective? What he thinks is like to be Lana Del Rey? "I dream about Lana Del Rey," then being the nexts stanzas a dream withing a dream, James as LDR, dreaming she's LDR? (like on inception) and how Lizzy created Lana Del Rey to be just a dream "Lana Del Rey, a dream

She created and then entered." but he doesn't affirm it, he asks it "And is Lana Del Rey, a dream She created and then entered." (question mark missing :P ) meaning he wonders just like some of us stans, is this just a persona, if so/if don't, is this really herself? did she wanted things to be like this or did they get out of had?

And she did

If she hadn't things would be different + whenever interviewers or people on the radio asked her about her name and questioned her how far did Lana Del Rey fuse with Lizzy Grant she always says how real she is, how she wanted her life to be a work of art, how she wanted things to be like she wanted them to be, how she dream to be in charge of her present, I remember a copilations of interviews that's around on Deezer, on one of them she's like I changed my stage name to Lana Del Rey because of -add the shit I said-

But the thing is, the pot and wig shit, the Born To Die playing on repeat shit sounds more like if James is dragging up you know? dressing himself as a woman, and if the whole book is about the questioning people and he have about his sexuality, this poem could be about one of the gayest (?) part of himself: Lana Del Rey. In a way I do feel femenine when listen to Lana so I could see this be true, Lana's music aka Born 2 Die making him want to act the song up, idk. 

I would like to hear more poems about LDR, it is few times someone who has actually interacted with Lana tells us something and I'm dying of curiosity to know what someone close has to say about her, to me, LDR is a fascinating person to meet any time, both as Elizabeth (lizzy) Grant and Lana Del Rey.

Can't wait for this book (hope it doesn't get shelved :/ ), I think we might see more stuff like this, what do y'all think? what's your interpretation on this poem?

BE NICE AND TELL ME YOUR ANSWER :defeated:  

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

I transcribed it  :)

BORN TO DIE

My Little apartment in Los Feliz,

Said to once be owned by Charlie

Chaplin, but you know, they say that

About all the apartments in LA.

I dream about Lana Del Rey,

And she dreams about Lana Del Rey,

And is Lana Del Rey, a dream

She created and then entered.

In my little apartment I have my pot

And my wigs, and my make up,

That I apply slowly, in slow motion,

In my Marilyn mirror with the star lights,

And “Born to Die” on repeat,

And a tiger-orange fire in the background,

In my little mind, within my unsheathed

Head, shaved and naked, for now.

Nathanael West’s Hollywood painting

Was a raging, Bosch-like, conflagration,

Full of his denizens on the outskirts:

Out of work cowboys, extras, unfunny comedians,

All screaming, and burning,

And also fanning the flames;

As they buttfucked, and sucked

In every room of all the Mansions.

In the Hollywood of the mind.

James Franco .                                                                                 

tumblr_o1ih2wJi6l1t7awh1o1_400.gif

so basically i will get it for the pics only because this writing is all sorts of mess

Even if the Flipside ends up being a pretentious mess at least (hopefully) we will have some new and exclusive photos. That's why i'm buying it anyway :creep:

Also James maybe obsessive but at least he's not breaking into her house and stealing her Jaguars kind of obsessive...  

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Poor Lana's going to have to put a restraining order on James next. Did she really say no to James about releasing the Flipside book? I haven't heard that yet.

yeah in the beats 1 hbtb interview

FzytWEW.png

Instead of Franco writing this Imaginary Conversations book about Lana I wish Lana herself would write a part fictional part truthful diary, something like 'The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer'. She did say in an interview that she'd like to write a book so this would be a good opportunity imho