HEARTCORE

New Song Registered: "Burnt Norton"

A new Lana song has been registered on APRA AMCOS, titled "Burnt Norton". This is also the title of a poem by T. S. Eliot, which Lana recently quoted on her Instagram; making it likely that the Eliot poem will serve inspiration for the song in a parallel situation to Whitman's "I Sing The Body Electric" and the infamous Paradise track.

w30sYSD.png

thx to the ultrasexy @@naachoboy for alerting us to this

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

How cool is that.

Keefus Ciancia, an old pal and session man for T-Bone, and last superbowl time he was the producer of Jeff Bridges Sleep Tapes (music to relax when going to sleep)

This is really cool.

And a writing credit to T.S. Eliot. (this way the negative nellies won't be able to say she copied it, like the morons who didn't realize she gave credit to Nino Rota for Old Money)

edit to add- by the way, this puts Lana in the circle of the movie directors The Coen Brothers whom Keefus has worked with.

and who are known for some unique movies. Makes it a really good connection imho

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Jesus fuck I'm so hyped. The poem is beautiful. I love discovering her cultural inspirations and I love when she uses them in her own work. Can't wait to see what she's going to do with it. I'm feeling this era so hard

ZKcaooE.png

The song title is interesting, to me it fits the aesthetic of the album after listening to Honeymoon. Lana loves poems, she has shown that with referencing Walt Whitman in Body Electric (which I love) and the gorgeous Cola monologue etc so I think if this turns out to be a track for the new record it will be beautiful.

I'm speculating that it will either be a song or an interlude w/ instrumental. She has writing credits so she's clearly splicing her own words with the poem; other than that it's mystery along with everything else from this era.

The poem begins with two epigraphs taken from the fragments of Heraclitus:

The first may be translated;

"Though wisdom is common, the many live as if they have wisdom of their own";

the second,

"the way upward and the way downward is one and the same."

The concept and origin of Burnt Norton is connected to Eliot's play Murder in the Cathedral. The poem discusses the idea of time and the concept that only the present moment really matters because the past cannot be changed and the future is unknown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnt_Norton

So, that leaves us with (of 14 possible tracks):

Honeymoon

Music to Watch Boys To

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

Life is Beautiful (?) 

Burnt Norton (?)

Yes to Heaven (?)

Fine China (?)

Regina Sunset :troll: