HEARTCORE

New Song Registered: "Burnt Norton"

Lana getting dat inspiration lel :thumb:

14v5ulv.jpg

2nrzm85.jpg

lol I haven't laughed this much for ages.What makes it even more hilarious is that I can actually picture Lana doing those poses tbh  :lmao:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Here's a good summary of the poem if anyone's interested… http://www.shmoop.com/four-quartets/burnt-norton-section-1-summary.html

Thanks! Poetry for Dummies FTW! :party:

It actually reminds me of a screenplay I wrote years ago in which I explored the Freewill vs. Destiny debate. Too bad it was a lame timecop story :noparty:

Of course it's triggering for me all sorts of MBTI and cognitive functions analysis too. Sensors like Eliot and LDR have much to teach us about the "first world." (Of course, as an Intuitive I would counter that for me, inside-my-head IS the "first world" ...although I do tend to be inside-my-head in-the-present ...it's complicated ...caffeine is awesome.)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I hope that  it's at a red light and that Rob isn't driving and taking photos at the same time

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

So, that leaves us with (of 14 possible tracks):

Honeymoon

Music to Watch Boys To

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

Life is Beautiful (?) 

Burnt Norton (?)

Yes to Heaven (?)

Fine China (?)

Yes To Heaven and Fine China are confirmed? Da fuq? Where is tha person who invented the tracklist, maybe they actually knew...

omg I hope this is on Honeymoon tho bc I adore it when Lana uses poetry in her work--that is, her own and others'.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

daddy is a fucking tease 

4rrnKfN.jpg

well Honeymoon is clearly hypnotic so if the others are like Honeymoon oh God help me bc I won't be able to survive with so many songs that are able to give me a piece of heaven. Honeymoon is enough to help me sleep (I'm a big insomniac), calm me down, get me up for school (I'm horrible in the mornings), help me get through stressful situations, help me do my homework and I can listen to it on repeat without getting sick of it - during the first three days of its release, it was the only song I listened to. but I broke the chain bc I wanted to listen to something else, just because I wanted to. I have this song on repeat all the time. it's a revolutionary song for me. I couldn't cope if the whole album is like this.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

Free spot on my schedule this semester and this is tempting me to sign up for a poetry course so I could absolutely NAIL an essay on Lana's uses of American poets...Homegirl getting me through my degree one class at a time