Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: "High By the Beach"

Generally there's a mess in the first moments that anything news-related premieres since only a mod can approve news threads, but since Lana tweeted that the video is coming today I'm creating this thread in advance to discuss/anticipate the HBTB video and avoid that mess. Will it be the oft-discussed model video so far believed to belong to "Music to Watch Boys To"?

EDIT: Out now!

it looks like a separate video because the only photos/previews we got are of her on a balcony and the male model video was shot outside (not on a balcony) i think? although it could just be a second set or some kind of "throwback" scenes in the video (Born To Die Church/Palace Setting and then we have those outside & car scenes).. i guess we'll find out later.

i76mrxw.png 

I'm so excited, but honestly I would be disappointed if she do something in the style of BBHMM (I've thought it when I saw the enormous gun, I don't know why) cause I think that is not very Lana (compared to her other videos). Don't know what to expect anyway, we will see

tumblr_ncf5qwtL1C1tktqnpo1_500.giftumblr_nn0o28ngn21u6a0a7o1_500.gif

I'm so excited, but honestly I would be disappointed if she do something in the style of BBHMM (I've thought it when I saw the enormous gun, I don't know why) cause I think that is not very Lana (compared to her other videos). Don't know what to expect anyway, we will see

Would be cool if she did something "not very Lana" once, because recently, "Lana" videos weren't that exciting.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

i kinda feel like it's gonna be like that. i thought her post of the music video with the caption 'BBHMM' was way too random to be posted on the honeymoon account.

FzytWEW.png

Would be cool if she did something "not very Lana" once, because recently, "Lana" videos weren't that exciting.

That's true, if we think about UV video or West Coast, but I'd like something like blue jeans, born to die or ride. Anyway I think that she will do something she never did before

tumblr_ncf5qwtL1C1tktqnpo1_500.giftumblr_nn0o28ngn21u6a0a7o1_500.gif

Hope it's surreal like the very stylish Ultraviolence video was (though I know many here don't seem to either like it, or they didn't get it). mixed in with a West Coast/Shades of Cool.

The wrap-around of Honeymoon still makes me think this whole album is going to be a Lynchian type Sunset Blvd/Mulholland Drive into hell with redemption or solution at the end

With that damn big gun, though, it could go into James Bond like territory, which perhaps is a subtle wink wink that not only should Lana sing the theme from Bond, she should

be, hell, no, not a Bond Girl, Lana should be James Bond herself. (who said Bond had to be a boy?)  She is cooler than Bond anyhow.

Hope it's surreal like the very stylish Ultraviolence video was (though I know many here don't seem to either like it, or they didn't get it). mixed in with a West Coast/Shades of Cool.

The wrap-around of Honeymoon still makes me think this whole album is going to be a Lynchian type Sunset Blvd/Mulholland Drive into hell with redemption or solution at the end

With that damn big gun, though, it could go into James Bond like territory, which perhaps is a subtle wink wink that not only should Lana sing the theme from Bond, she should

be, hell, no, not a Bond Girl, Lana should be James Bond herself. (who said Bond had to be a boy?)  She is cooler than Bond anyhow.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

That actually sounds like a cool description ... 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

It's actually HILARIOUS that she's STILL just chilling in Italy when she just released a single, has a video coming out and needs to start promo. Get your shit together gurl

Her management is doing a great job tho lol, she got 2 interviews for the premiere, she gets promo in Hollywood, the video coming in the same week as the song, etc. 

Her management is doing a great job tho lol, she got 2 interviews for the premiere, she gets promo in Hollywood, the video coming in the same week as the song, etc. 

oh yeah, totally. but it's just so funny that she's not even at home to start the promo

FzytWEW.png

I can't wait for the video! 

I have a feeling it's going to be fucking fantastic.....(or bombastic :runs:)

Haha no really though, in all seriousness, I have a feeling this is going to be one of her best to date. Also, do you guys think that the music video will be more short-film style like the BBHMM video?