Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: "High By the Beach"

Yeah, I don't want to post any of my main e-mail addresses publicly either, so I set up a new one so you can contact me: evilentitymod@gmail.com. When you contact me, try to include some kind of information that basically only you and I would know, like a detail from an old PM or something, so I know it's you. It's just about a bunch of Lanalysis stuff.

Yeah, I don't want to post any of my main e-mail addresses publicly either, so I set up a new one so you can contact me: evilentitymod@gmail.com. When you contact me, try to include some kind of information that basically only you and I would know, like a detail from an old PM or something, so I know it's you. It's just about a bunch of Lanalysis stuff.

Sent!

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I hate saying this because I defended the video before it was even out but I wasn't crazy for it. I personally didn't like the shaky camera. The thing that bothered me the most is that the beginning scenes and ending were not shaky and the middle was. If they had picked one or the other it wouldn't be so bothersome and combined with the fact that the steady scenes were what both snippets were, I was not really expecting something that looked so homemade. The lip syncing is bad too, you can barely see it right before the first chorus. I know it sounds so picky and you all are right that most people probably don't care, but I just think its the little details that made good videos great and show that the artist and whomever was on the video team actually put thought and effort into the execution.

Now, I don't get why anyone would possibly call this boring. She runs around a lot and literally shoots down a helicopter with a gigantic gun so I don't really get any of that particular criticism for it. Also, the colors in it were very nice and consistent and obviously the helicopter by the window scene was amazing too.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I hate saying this because I defended the video before it was even out but I wasn't crazy for it. I personally didn't like the shaky camera. The thing that bothered me the most is that the beginning scenes and ending were not shaky and the middle was. If they had picked one or the other it wouldn't be so bothersome and combined with the fact that the steady scenes were what both snippets were, I was not really expecting something that looked so homemade.

I'm just speculating now, but maybe they made it that way to make it feel more like the viewer is actually in there with her? In the scenes where the camera is steady you are looking at her from an outside perspective, while in the scenes where the camera is shaky you're supposed to be able to share Lana's feeling of invaded personal space by seemingly following her around in person . I think it's working pretty well and if the camera would have been steady while following Lana it may have felt more like observing her than sharing her point of view, which might have taken away some of the tension from the video.

If this is the case, it's kind of an interesting paradox. She's letting the viewer into her home—her most personal space—while at the same time basically saying "leave me the fuck alone and stop invading my privacy".

Just want to point out that I'm fully aware that I'm probably reading far too much into this  :toofunny:

I'm just speculating now, but maybe they made it that way to make it feel more like the viewer is actually in there with her? In the scenes where the camera is steady you are looking at her from an outside perspective, while in the scenes where the camera is shaky you're supposed to be able to share Lana's feeling of invaded personal space by seemingly following her around in person . I think it's working pretty well and if the camera would have been steady while following Lana it may have felt more like observing her than sharing her point of view, which might have taken away some of the tension from the video.

If this is the case, it's kind of an interesting paradox. She's letting the viewer into her home—her most personal space—while at the same time basically saying "leave me the fuck alone and stop invading my privacy".

Just want to point out that I'm fully aware that I'm probably reading far too much into this  :toofunny:

Honestly that's how I've interpreted why they did the video the way they did so I, personally, don't think you are reaching too far. I just wish they could have somehow worked out a point of view that would have given off both vibes while being consistent. That might have been impossible though.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I like the overall vibe of the music and video but I can't get over the fact that this is one of Lana's worst choruses yet. I also never had a problem with some of her videos being amateurish when they were clearly intended to be (and even had a sense of tongue in cheek humour about it) but this one tries too hard to be something its not. I'm seriously suspecting that Lana is doing drugs again, and not because of the song's title.

I like the overall vibe of the music and video but I can't get over the fact that this is one of Lana's worst choruses yet. I also never had a problem with some of her videos being amateurish when they were clearly intended to be (and even had a sense of tongue in cheek humour about it) but this one tries too hard to be something its not. I'm seriously suspecting that Lana is doing drugs again, and not because of the song's title.

what kind of drugs? :)

Just posted this on the Unpopular Lana Opinions thread & thought I'd copy/paste it here as well, since it's relevant...

I think she personified the media as a lover in this song. Obviously you can't really write a lead single saying "fuck you, articles, reviews, critics, paparrazi, etc. I hate you!" because no one would really relate to it. So she personifies the media as a lover because that way lots of people can relate to the song and it can be lead single material for the GP to hear. She tries to make it sound like the song is about another one of her bad boys, but really it's about the media, who is her lover in a way, because there are positives about the media, and obviously, without it, she wouldn't be able to be doing what she is doing today, but at the same time, the media is an enemy to her, because of all the negativity/criticism it's brought into her life, plus her invasion of privacy. She kind of has a love-hate relationship with the media, and that's why in the video she's seen approaching the helicopter at the window and posing (because a part of her loves the attention and the fame) but by the end, she's fed up of all the side-effects of being involved in the media (and therefore she shoots the helicopter down).

Anyway, I think I'm rambling on a bit and my words are a bit jumbled, but hopefully you get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

this thread going quite too? WTF?

This vid is almost better than the song itself for me..lol.. its strange..(thats the effect it had on me).. really like it alot.

so simple, yet complex..

Lana should do another follow up to this vid in another song, and have it at night time, with the starry skies over the water/coastline.. :hawt:

ugNnT5J.png 

nlcYskA.jpg

Same hair do and same t-shirt. The only difference is the cigarret and lighter on the HBTB and the flowers on the one she posted on her instagram. Seems like Chuck took both pics, if we believe her instagram caption both pics were shot by Chuck, just thought of sharing it with you guys ;) 

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

ugNnT5J.png 

nlcYskA.jpg

Same hair do and same t-shirt. The only difference is the cigarret and lighter on the HBTB and the flowers on the one she posted on her instagram. Seems like Chuck took both pics, if we believe her instagram caption both pics were shot by Chuck, just thought of sharing it with you guys ;)

I think you're up to something actually. That's nice to know that :)

giphy.gif

GUYS my friend just got a beach house and it's a mile from lana's old beach house that she used for this video so i can walk to it on the beach omg.. im def going soon and taking pics of weed on the beach by the house stay tuned

21 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

GUYS my friend just got a beach house and it's a mile from lana's old beach house that she used for this video so i can walk to it on the beach omg.. im def going soon and taking pics of weed on the beach by the house stay tuned

getting high by the beach is not fun i can tell you that:derpna:

thats so fun though we want many many pictures