sweetie

Promo Single: "Terrence Loves You"

I expected this to be good, but I did not expect it to be this good  :defeated:

I'm officially slayed.

However can someone explain to me how is this song "jazzy"? Becuase I don't hear it (not that I mind, it's not my fave genre)

It's basically HM 2.0 with better lyrics but mining the same tired bad lover trope. I expected something dramatic at the end but she just hummed lazily. The sound is boring (Nowels) her vocals are just dreamy boring without conveying anything. Then guitars at the beginning were cool and I expected something different

I'm okay with the album being all over. I dont like the fact that TLY doesn't have enough for me. The background was weak and she's trying to rely too much on vocals. Oh and poor Lana, she doesnt know what Jazz is.

tbh UV was jazzier and it was just jazz inspired, lana wanted to do full on jazz and kinda failed with it

all in all, i like this track because its very beautiful but personally i think it wouldve been better if it was just an acapella and piano ballad without all that instrumentation that makes it sound too much like honeymoon

Well, hmmmmmmmm, and hmmmmmmm again.. i'm going to have to keep thinking and listening awhile to see if i care much for this song..

her voice sounds beautiful as always, but don't know about the overall song.. parts i thought were great and melodic, also something missing..

i think it come down to this;

Once you are number 1 (at anything), or the best, it is a very high, a very high bar that has been set. its soo sooo hard to beat the highest of the highs..

like drugs you know? same deal.. chasing the dragon i beleieve they used to say.. anyway.. we'll see.. maybe it will grow on me.. thats happened before..

like someone above posted, its 3 different sounds from this album so far, with this being like an UV track mixed with HM, and HBTB being like a unreleased

song mixed with BTD a little..

love her voice tho.. :)

I honestly started crying a little when I heard TLY. I'm a massive Bowie stan and the Major Tom bridge sent me to heaven for just a few seconds it was just so beautiful.Loved the reverb as well...

This is how I imagined HM would sound like. I'm just so happy....

2301e56b732f41685ce0cf111e4e8b21.gif

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

This song has reminded me why I fell in love with Lana Del Rey.

That is not me being corny, it's the truth. 

This song literally evokes so much emotion from me, it's crazy...

iO2rFNg.gif

What a 'gal....i'll just be over here with watery eyes to Terrance Loves You

Well, for me it's a very ultraviolence-Lana song, it could perfectly fit that album. I like it, yes, no title mentioned in the song neither repetitive chorus, her voice is beautiful but I don't know... I can't fall in love with any of her new song. And she said that honeymoon will be more like BTD but... where? Maybe the other songs are in a different style but I don't think so... we first thought that Ultraviolence use to be her "different-style" album, I guess that we have to change idea: Born to die is her different-style album. I think we can say this from what we have in this moment

tumblr_ncf5qwtL1C1tktqnpo1_500.giftumblr_nn0o28ngn21u6a0a7o1_500.gif

Well, for me it's a very ultraviolence-Lana song, it could perfectly fit that album. I like it, yes, no title mentioned in the song neither repetitive chorus, her voice is beautiful but I don't know... I can't fall in love with any of her new song. And she said that honeymoon will be more like BTD but... where? Maybe the other songs are in a different style but I don't think so... when we first thought that Ultraviolence use to be her "different-style" album, I guess that we have to change idea: Born to die is her different-style album. I think we can say this from what we have in this moment

Lol she also said TLY was jazzy, it's not very jazzy

I'm not really sure how I feel about this song. The bridge tho gave me some serious chills. Lana's voice is so dreamy.. I'm still craving for some Paradise-era songs tho. 

tumblr_mwp2g0tk9a1rj6peio4_500.gif

tbh UV was jazzier and it was just jazz inspired, lana wanted to do full on jazz and kinda failed with it

all in all, i like this track because its very beautiful but personally i think it wouldve been better if it was just an acapella and piano ballad without all that instrumentation that makes it sound too much like honeymoon

While I agree about the piano ballad part. Even Uv wasnt Jazz at all. Her only Jazz song was the one she covered by Nina last album, and Million Dollar Man. SHE HAD AMAZING JAZZ with MDM. Shoulda stuck with that Jazz.