Elle

Terrence Loves You

I still love this track so much. The jazzy live vocals make it even better on YouTube. Fuck I want some jazzy bluesy Lana after this new album lmao

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

24 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

Obsessed with the fact this title still makes no sense at all but just feels right ?

Maybe this is the album for us gays. 

Mfhp.gif

3 hours ago, Trash Magic said:

Obsessed with the fact this title still makes no sense at all but just feels right ?

i think it makes sense, wasn't it written about david bowie's brother? maybe it's saying that terrence loved his brother, david, that's how i interpret it

WGe8ynS.gif

51 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i think it makes sense, wasn't it written about david bowie's brother? maybe it's saying that terrence loved his brother, david, that's how i interpret it

There are what seem to be references to paranoid schizophrenia and magical thinking in the lyrics:

I put the radio on
Hold you tight in my mind
Isn't strange that
You're not here with me
But I know the light's on in the television
Trying to transmit, can you hear me

Wonder if this brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia?

1 minute ago, lili said:

There are what seem to be references to paranoid schizophrenia and magical thinking in the lyrics:

I put the radio on
Hold you tight in my mind
Isn't strange that
You're not here with me
But I know the light's on in the television
Trying to transmit, can you hear me

Wonder if this brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia?

i've heard that his brother did have mental health issues, but i can't confirm that because it was just something i heard about a long time ago

WGe8ynS.gif

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i've heard that his brother did have mental health issues, but i can't confirm that because it was just something i heard about a long time ago

I've found this:

By rights, the release of a new David Bowie biopic should be a matter of great excitement for the late singer's devoted army of fans. But with just days to go before the UK release of Stardust, a fictionalised portrait of Bowie's first trip to America in 1971, the film is mired in controversy.

It touches on how Bowie's relationship with his schizophrenic older half-brother, Terry Burns, shaped his career and ultimately influenced the creation of his on-stage persona Ziggy Stardust.

I remember the day this came out I had just turned on her YouTube notifications after the honeymoon video and I remember waking up for school and seeing the notif and getting ready while listening to it :defeated:I was like "wtf damn this shit slow af" little did I know she had just released a part of her magnum opus :nails: and then witnessing her sing it live at a show for the first time in Orlando :mj3: graduations, weddings, funerals...

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Diplo's newest instagram post features a picture of him with Lana at Stagecoach with the caption "What are we talking about? wrong answers only"

Mark Ronson commented "Terrance" - it's been confirmed that he produced an unleaked alternate version of Terrence Loves You.

At least this suggests that he's still thinking about it. I hope it sees the light someday x

52069412444_9440ea1201_z.jpg

52069403514_379fc1ed8b.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS