letsescapelizzy

Honeymoon Sales

In total? That's pretty good for sales when the artist hardly promoted her album. :P :P

It's not. It's a disaster. Y'all act like Lana is some indie artist with no major label behind her.

Honeymoon dropped out of the Billboard TOP200 after 4 months.

BTD is back in the Top100 again at No.96.

Weeks on chart in the US for her albums:

Born To Die 207 weeks (soon it will be 4 years on the charts without ever falling out). Sold almost 1.4 million so far

Ultraviolence 53 weeks sold 530k so far

Honeymoon 16 weeks sold 210k so far

It's official: Lana is the biggest fad of the 2010's.

It's not. It's a disaster. Y'all act like Lana is some indie artist with no major label behind her.

Honeymoon dropped out of the Billboard TOP200 after 4 months.

BTD is back in the Top100 again at No.96.

Weeks on chart in the US for her albums:

Born To Die 207 weeks (soon it will be 4 years on the charts without ever falling out). Sold almost 1.4 million so far

Ultraviolence 53 weeks sold 530k so far

Honeymoon 16 weeks sold 210k so far

It's official: Lana is the biggest fad of the 2010's.

Maybe but she wanted it that way, she would be promoting if she wanted fame like in 2012. 

Lana Del Rey's career is on a higher trajectory than David Bowie, whom the two share many traits both as unique trailblazers.

Lana though already as a #1 album. It took David Bowie dying at age 69 to get a number one album. Lana has two #2 albums, Bowie has 1.

Bowie did not do well chartwise until he went disco (so in a way, Gaga the only other unique artist in contemporary music went the commercial disco

route early. Space Oddity was a bomb in the USA the first time, and barely hit the Top 30 when it did. (Similar to Lana's charting of Video Games)

Lana has 3 Grammy nominations, Bowie had 2 and won a lifetime Grammy later on. Bowie Hall of Fame, Lana still to come

Bowie's prior album before his released as he died album, only spent 10 weeks on the charts, but was like Lana critically praised. (though not highly

in year end lists, and not at award times.)

Lana is one commercial hit away from any of her albums being bigger than Adele (and it's sincerely great that Adele tried to game the system in the USA

and isnot eligible for Grammys this year (coming up), but next year, and it is now widely believe Bowie will win album and many other awards next year.

Note all of the above is based on US charts/sales

Lana is 30 and has 39 years to go before she turns 69. I am along for the ride.

And Born to Die is equal to Dark Side of the Moon. Nothing Floyd ever did after compared either. So what.

(and a certain poster aka hater of Lana didn't like Ultraviolence either, go back and read older posts. Believe that poster is just looking to win the six Lipsters that poster was nominated for)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Maybe but she wanted it that way, she would be promoting if she wanted fame like in 2012. 

No promo is not an excuse for everything. She isn't promoting BTD either. Honeymoon sucks. Let us move on and hope she delivers the quality of Madonna's natural successor Katy Perry on her next album.

It's not. It's a disaster. It's official: Lana is the biggest fad of the 2010's.

I don't have anything against you at all and I really understand why sales are so important and the implications of it, and I appreciate that fans stan in all kinds of ways because it's what's make it beautiful, but for some reasons, the way you seem to approach it is making me actually kind of sad, it somehow sounds like she's dead already or that she lost everything, I don't know. I think it's important to still remain hopeful. We also need to keep in mind that she might be changing, as naachoboy said, perhaps it's what she wanted. She's really secretive and unpredictable, and on the other hand she follows some kinds of patterns, so it's hard to know. But my point is, let's not lose hope. I really don't think she'll stop making music soon I mean she has since she's like, twelve? And I personally don't mind if the quality downgrades back to the good sis May Jailer quality, at all. Again you're totally entitled to be interested in sales, but don't lose hope :)

ZKcaooE.png

I don't have anything against you at all and I really understand why sales are so important and the implications of it, and I appreciate that fans stan in all kinds of ways because it's what's make it beautiful, but for some reasons, the way you seem to approach it is making me actually kind of sad, it somehow sounds like she's dead already or that she lost everything, I don't know. I think it's important to still remain hopeful. We also need to keep in mind that she might be changing, as naachoboy said, perhaps it's what she wanted. She's really secretive and unpredictable, and on the other hand she follows some kinds of patterns, so it's hard to know. But my point is, let's not lose hope. I really don't think she'll stop making music soon I mean she has since she's like, twelve? And I personally don't mind if the quality downgrades back to the good sis May Jailer quality, at all. Again you're totally entitled to be interested in sales, but don't lose hope :)

Sales are not important to be a fan of somebody. The quality counts. Sometimes, unfortunately the lack of quality is visiable in the lack of success. Not everything that is successful needs to be super commercial or radio fodder. Look at Sia or Muse for instance. Or Florence. 

Well, I mean, it's okay to want something like Mary Jailer, but in that case, not only I won't be a fan, but like 98 % of this fanbase won't be either.

It's great that she does what she loves. However, just because it is that way, it doesn't mean, it's actually great stuff.

No promo is not an excuse for everything. She isn't promoting BTD either. Honeymoon sucks. Let us move on and hope she delivers the quality of Madonna's natural successor Katy Perry on her next album.

Honeymoon is factually better than Born To Die, so i dont get what are u saying. BTD its selling by itself because its her debut (with a major label), its the album that made her famous, and its the album that has the songs that people still like. 

Sales are not important to be a fan of somebody. The quality counts. Sometimes, unfortunately the lack of quality is visiable in the lack of success. Not everything that is successful needs to be super commercial or radio fodder. Look at Sia or Muse for instance. Or Florence. 

Well, I mean, it's okay to want something like Mary Jailer, but in that case, not only I won't be a fan, but like 98 % of this fanbase won't be either.

It's great that she does what she loves. However, she because it is that way, it doesn't mean, it's actually great stuff.

But it is actually great music lmao. You really like Katy Perry so i guess your taste is a bit flawed. 

I dont get your hate towards Lana lately. You seem lost. 

Honeymoon is factually better than Born To Die, so i dont get what are u saying. BTD its selling by itself because its her debut (with a major label), its the album that made her famous, and its the album that has the songs that people still like. 

I hurts me to say but BTD is miles better than Honeymoon and lawd, I am always clocking those BTD stans online whereever I can, simply because UV is better.

But Honeymoon is not better. She can't write hooks, the melodies are poor, the bridges are meh, the production is a boring hell. There are no changes in tempo. Only thing that is better on HM is her voice.

But it is actually great music lmao. You really like Katy Perry so i guess your taste is a bit flawed. 

I dont get your hate towards Lana lately. You seem lost. 

Don't come for Katy when you enjoy ratmusic. #musicnottherat. thanks

It's great that she does what she loves. However, just because it is that way, it doesn't mean, it's actually great stuff.

But the Jailer stuff would only happen IF she actually fads, right? So in any way it wouldn't matter because all the others would have left already, and those left would appreciate the music. It wouldn't really be much important - sad for sure, regrettable in terms of her potential, but not really important.

I'm not sure I totally understand what you mean - not being shady! Like I used to be an enormous Muse stan and I still really like them but I've heard their songs much more on the radio than any Lana songs. I don't know the others enough though. 

I don't pretend to say that this album is better than this other because it's purely personal and I know nothing about music at all so I can't judge based on anything other than my tastes. Sirens is hell on Earth for some, for me it's godly, etc etc. What even defines something as great? I mean it's such a broad debate, it interests me a lot because it's something I immensely struggle with personally, but we have to be extremely careful with our definitions to this point, because how we define success is capital in terms of speculating what will Lana and her brand become.

ZKcaooE.png

Lana was a young and somewhat immature 16 to 20 year old

She is now a wise and mature 30 year old

If Lana went back and repeated something 10 years ago, it would make no sense. She is not the young girl she was. She is now a wise woman, battle scared and survivor.

Who wants to be a teenager again? That is just silly.

As leaked likes/loves/stans Katy Perry, it would be like Katy becoming the Gospel singer she used to be under a different name.

you can't go home again. And why would anyone want to

And Honeymoon is her best, most cohesive writing, recording and she produced it.

btw- I would love if she did co-produce with Jeff Lynne or George Martin. (is he still active?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I hurts me to say but BTD is miles better than Honeymoon and lawd, I am always clocking those BTD stans online whereever I can, simply because UV is better.

But Honeymoon is not better. She can't write hooks, the melodies are poor, the bridges are meh, the production is a boring hell. There are no changes in tempo. Only thing that is better on HM is her voice.

Don't come for Katy when you enjoy ratmusic. #musicnottherat. thanks

Well, I'm sure BTD has some of her best songs but as an album it's not really miles better than HM. As a coherent body of work BTD itsn't as good. HM sounds like a more mature version of what she tried to do with her first album ( a mix of baroque pop and contemporary music). The bridges are the best part of the album ( at least for me). HM, MSTWB, TLV, HBTB, Salvatore, TBD, 24 all have amazing bridges. 

@@leaked_version you know I agree with you sometimes and I'm really into the charts thingy too but... you don't need to post the same thing every time someone says "I think the sales are ok" or something like that. Not rude at all though, I just noticed that you're always there to tell them that Lana is a freaking flop.

Lana is a freak, she was from the start an odd proposition for a popstar. So, she didn't became a huge, Adele like, popstar, bummer. But HM is a strangely beautiful record and I needed to let go all my "expectations" regarding her to really enjoy it (and I confidently say it that HM is better than 25). I think that we should be over the BTD hype bubble because it will never come back. The only people who still care about her are those who really love her voice and her music and they are enough to sustain a long career for her if she wants it. So there is no point anymore to discuss about Lana's commercial success more than Fiona's for example. The only thing which matters is her artistic direction. HM it is not earth-shattering but it's good and we should notice that she came out with 2 good albums in two years, we are spoiled tbh

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers