letsescapelizzy

Honeymoon Sales

It's not. It's a disaster. Y'all act like Lana is some indie artist with no major label behind her.

Honeymoon dropped out of the Billboard TOP200 after 4 months.

BTD is back in the Top100 again at No.96.

Weeks on chart in the US for her albums:

Born To Die 207 weeks (soon it will be 4 years on the charts without ever falling out). Sold almost 1.4 million so far

Ultraviolence 53 weeks sold 530k so far

Honeymoon 16 weeks sold 210k so far

It's official: Lana is the biggest fad of the 2010's.

It's just not for everyone lol. It is one album (that is vocally amazing and produced very well). Ugh people are so stupid :facepalm:

I think all of Lana's album are beautiful in their way. Honeymoon isn't my favorite of her's (Ultraviolence is my fave) but it still has some beautiful songs. With the way her last two albums were released, I think Lana just wants to make music, do a few music videos and move on to the next album. She reminds me of Kate Bush and Enya in that area, as both women never toured and did very little media and promotion to release their music. They also don't run their social media and as we know lana goes a week or so before posting something on Instagram. Lana is in control of things and even if we don't agree with it, its the way she wants it done.

I think all of Lana's album are beautiful in their way. Honeymoon isn't my favorite of her's (Ultraviolence is my fave) but it still has some beautiful songs. With the way her last two albums were released, I think Lana just wants to make music, do a few music videos and move on to the next album. She reminds me of Kate Bush and Enya in that area, as both women never toured and did very little media and promotion to release their music. They also don't run their social media and as we know lana goes a week or so before posting something on Instagram. Lana is in control of things and even if we don't agree with it, its the way she wants it done.

I think videos sort of just become secondary after a while, she's just making the music she wants to make (which is always best). I think she says "at the end of the day, I do it for me" in slight defense incase anybody does dislike things, but ultimately Honeymoon is definitely (at least from what I heard) the best vocal album of that year, the production is really great too. It's so cohesive but brings along more elements along the way, I love that album so much. Her voice is so amazing. Visuals can be a part of it all in the way of photoshoots too, like I think more of the Neil Krug UV shoots than the videos bc there's only so many things you can do in videos.

I think videos sort of just become secondary after a while, she's just making the music she wants to make (which is always best). I think she says "at the end of the day, I do it for me" in slight defense incase anybody does dislike things, but ultimately Honeymoon is definitely (at least from what I heard) the best vocal album of that year, the production is really great too. It's so cohesive but brings more elements along the way, I love that album so much. Her voice is so amazing. Visuals can be a part of it all in the way of photoshoots too, like I think more of the Neil Krug UV shoots than the videos bc there's only so many things you can do in videos.

Yeah I totally get why fans want the whole package - good tunes and writing, videos and visuals, vocals and live performances, social media etc. but she is great at the things out of those that are important to me, so not fussed about videos etc.

Yeah I totally get why fans want the whole package - good tunes and writing, videos and visuals, vocals and live performances, social media etc. but she is great at the things out of those that are important to me, so not fussed about videos etc.

Videos aren't necessarily needed in general these days tbh and her last tour was pretty recent

how much has it sold worldwide by now? like 800k? I think it's becoming platinum by november or december

there ain't no worldwide platinum (if you think of one million = Platinum in the US), lol.

Maybe slightly over 700k. Maybe in a few years it will be over a million since records (aside from a very few) are selling really bad.

there ain't no worldwide platinum (if you think of one million = Platinum in the US), lol.

Maybe slightly over 700k. Maybe in a few years it will be over a million since records (aside from a very few) are selling really bad.

lol, I completely forgot, thanks

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

BTD probably around 5.5

Paradise EP probably round 700k

UV probably round 1.6-1.7

HM round 700k

On Spotify, HM has approximately 162 million streams. This may not seem like a lot considering LDR has songs from previous eras streaming at least as much as all of HM; however, using Billboard's conversion 1500 streams == 1 album sold, counting Spotify streams would be an extra 108k albums sold. I'm assuming that wasn't included in your estimate (or maybe it was?), but I'm curious as to whether or not people think it should be, or whether streams are included in eventual sales "certifications". Also does anyone know if she has comparable streaming numbers in other (paid for) streaming services? 

On Spotify, HM has approximately 162 million streams. This may not seem like a lot considering LDR has songs from previous eras streaming at least as much as all of HM; however, using Billboard's conversion 1500 streams == 1 album sold, counting Spotify streams would be an extra 108k albums sold. I'm assuming that wasn't included in your estimate (or maybe it was?), but I'm curious as to whether or not people think it should be, or whether streams are included in eventual sales "certifications". Also does anyone know if she has comparable streaming numbers in other (paid for) streaming services? 

@@yourgirlcorny:Sadly the 8 Million were false. I estimate that 7 million were shipped.

The tricky thing with streamings is that not every country counts them as a sold copy. The sad thing about HM is that it came out where streaming became huge and failed to become a success on streaming services.

I am curious to see how her next album will perform there. Personally (take that with a grain of salt), I believe that long, slow openers don't do an album a favour when it comes to streaming. Shorter, more up-beat or middle tempo tracks at the beginning just make the album flow better at first.

@@yourgirlcorny:Sadly the 8 Million were false. I estimate that 7 million were shipped.

The tricky thing with streamings is that not every country counts them as a sold copy. The sad thing about HM is that it came out where streaming became huge and failed to become a success on streaming services.

I am curious to see how her next album will perform there. Personally (take that with a grain of salt), I believe that long, slow openers don't do an album a favour when it comes to streaming. Shorter, more up-beat or middle tempo tracks at the beginning just make the album flow better at first.

Agreed. Songs need to be more appealing to our shortening attention spans  :sluttybunny:

Viktor Elias | Hits 93 Toronto

@Hits93Toronto

where do you get Mex numbers? I can't find any good sites

http://centrodedesarrollodigital.com/amprofonanual/100.php?year=2015&cat=a

I didn't know Honeymoon spent 15 weeks on the Mexican charts. That's pretty good tbh... iirc it also spent around 30 weeks on the top 20 in Argentina. It's clear she needs to come back :creep:

http://centrodedesarrollodigital.com/amprofonanual/100.php?year=2015&cat=a

I didn't know Honeymoon spent 15 weeks on the Mexican charts. That's pretty good tbh... iirc it also spent around 30 weeks on the top 20 in Argentina. It's clear she needs to come back :creep:

thank you! 

yeah, she has a big fanbase here, she did two shows on Auditorio Nacional that were almost sold out (second date failed to do so, but was very close) which is around 20k ppl in two nights! I wish I could see more detailed numbers though, because I'm sure BTD has sold a lot more, but thank you! King of sales reports! :creep:

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

thank you! 

yeah, she has a big fanbase here, she did two shows on Auditorio Nacional that were almost sold out (second date failed to do so, but was very close) which is around 20k ppl in two nights! I wish I could see more detailed numbers though, because I'm sure BTD has sold a lot more, but thank you! King of sales reports! :creep:

Well, I don't have any links but I'm 90% sure Honeymoon has sold around 30-40k in Mexico.. BTD 130k+

Either way I'm proud of her. For being pretty alt, but somewhat AC she sells pretty well.

The music industry changes so quickly so comparing Lanas sales ans positions to Bowie, Adele, etc. is strange in a way.

There was a time that huge songs were robbed from their billboard positions due to airplay/release rules and some songs remain hugely relevant in pop culture but don't skyrocket to number one. It's all a numbers game, which is so easily skewed (for better and worse)