letsescapelizzy

Honeymoon Sales

a fucking joke. 233k  :facepalm: that is less than half of UV. that is not even close to the Paradise EP. The last time the sales for UV were updated was at 529k and that is a year ago.

Lana's fault as she did very little promotion. I think a few live promotions on Fallon and Kimmell could have helped. Here's hoping she learned her lesson.

Lana's fault as she did very little promotion. I think a few live promotions on Fallon and Kimmell could have helped. Here's hoping she learned her lesson.

Has Lana spoken up about her reaction to sales?

We all know she's super sensitive, but maybe she doesn't want to do promotions because of her sensitivity.

But she might not be worried about sales and is just happy recording music instead of constantly promoting.

~INSTA1.gif

Has Lana spoken up about her reaction to sales?

We all know she's super sensitive, but maybe she doesn't want to do promotions because of her sensitivity.

But she might not be worried about sales and is just happy recording music instead of constantly promoting.

The interviews really burned her emotions especially the one about Kurt Cobain where his daughter went apesh** on her on twitter. I really can't blame Lana for doing less interviews.

wait what???? Frances went nuts on Lana???

A quick lil Google search will help you out  ;)

Personally, and I have posted this many times and so often ppl disagree with me on here (which is fine), but as an artist you should showcase your material and give interviews and such. It is part of making your art accessible to others. It is at least one way of doing it. Not allowing photographers during live shows, no live streaming of concerts, no televized or filmed live performances and hardly any interviews makes you lose appeal or even recognition. Very often it leads that some artists hijack your asthetics and part of your image and run with it. In the last few years we have seen it with Taylor Swift and Halsey and not only them.

Lana probably just made enough money to never srsly bother, but it is in a stark contrast to what she has said: that she wants to be witnessed. 

For us as a fanbase that means less fantastic photoshoots, less appealing videos and quite franky little to talk about. For her it means a general lack of interest from the public, less success and sooner or later the end of her career as a recording artist.

This ain't the 60's or 70's and Lana is not an artist with a huge fanbase, indeed the fanbase got smaller and smaller, so she doesn't have this luxury if she wants to be remembered.

A quick lil Google search will help you out  ;)

Personally, and I have posted this many times and so often ppl disagree with me on here (which is fine), but as an artist you should showcase your material and give interviews and such. It is part of making your art accessible to others. It is at least one way of doing it. Not allowing photographers during live shows, no live streaming of concerts, no televized or filmed live performances and hardly any interviews makes you lose appeal or even recognition. Very often it leads that some artists hijack your asthetics and part of your image and run with it. In the last few years we have seen it with Taylor Swift and Halsey and not only them.

Lana probably just made enough money to never srsly bother, but it is in a stark contrast to what she has said: that she wants to be witnessed. 

For us as a fanbase that means less fantastic photoshoots, less appealing videos and quite franky little to talk about. For her it means a general lack of interest from the public, less success and sooner or later the end of her career as a recording artist.

This ain't the 60's or 70's and Lana is not an artist with a huge fanbase, indeed the fanbase got smaller and smaller, so she doesn't have this luxury if she wants to be remembered.

ah i hear yah. That makes sense.

I hope she does some promos and recording of live shows in the future. someone should just not let her read reviews.

~INSTA1.gif

I just want another Lana live TV interview or performance. But what I wanna know is what Lana was going to preform on Letterman for ultraviolence promo before she cancelled it...

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

I just want another Lana live TV interview or performance. But what I wanna know is what Lana was going to preform on Letterman for ultraviolence promo before she cancelled it...

What? She was going to perform?  :crazy: But is there a reason or speculation of why she cancelled? Because I thought she already had planned to not perform after born to die era...

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

So, I saw on Facebook than Honeymoon (album) just hitted more than 200 million streams on Spotify, is it true?

If this is true, it's mostly me.  :defeated:  :flutter:  :teehee:

giphy.gif

So, I saw on Facebook than Honeymoon (album) just hitted more than 200 million streams on Spotify, is it true?

Yes

Maybe Lana doesn't sell for she's much more towards streaming since she has younger fans I'm assuming. and many can't afford her album

I doubt that's her intention. If she really wants to be a streaming force then she should start releasing better music videos and live-stream her shows. She also should make acoustic/whatever versions of her songs and post them on VEVO/YT... She's just doing her own thing.

I doubt that's her intention. If she really wants to be a streaming force then she should start releasing better music videos and live-stream her shows. She also should make acoustic/whatever versions of her songs and post them on VEVO/YT... She's just doing her own thing.

As she isn't played on commercial radio, I think she's embraced the idea (as I have) that commercial radio is dead (unless you're driving and your CD player is broken) and streaming is the de facto new radio (for her it is; I realize other artists use radio as promotion; they probably pay for it too).

200 million streams on an album's tracks, while not as great as some artists, is still very significant. If you believe the numbers for album equivalents or royalty payments (1500 streams = 1 album sold; .003 cents per stream to the artist, I think both of these are Billboard estimates) ... just do the math to see how happy you would be with that.

Also does anyone know if she does as well as spotify on the other user-driven, on-demand streaming services (Apple, Tidal, Amazon), or is spotify the only service that gives statistics on artists?

Maybe Lana doesn't sell for she's much more towards streaming since she has younger fans I'm assuming. and many can't afford her album

She does have younger fans, but she also has older ones with disposable income. More interestingly I've seen HM (the mp3 album) on sale at Amazon for $5 dollars on several occasions. This is not because the album is crap. I've also seen, and bought mp3 albums by artists I really, really like for $5 or less when I happen to notice them go on sale. I think it's a part of the streaming logic as to why artists do this (i.e., if a lot more people buy inexpensive music than people who buy regularly priced music, then the artist can make more money on the first option).

As she isn't played on commercial radio, I think she's embraced the idea (as I have) that commercial radio is dead (unless you're driving and your CD player is broken) and streaming is the de facto new radio (for her it is; I realize other artists use radio as promotion; they probably pay for it too).

200 million streams on an album's tracks, while not as great as some artists, is still very significant. If you believe the numbers for album equivalents or royalty payments (1500 streams = 1 album sold; .003 cents per stream to the artist, I think both of these are Billboard estimates) ... just do the math to see how happy you would be with that.

Also does anyone know if she does as well as spotify on the other user-driven, on-demand streaming services (Apple, Tidal, Amazon), or is spotify the only service that gives statistics on artists?

This is simply not true. Radio is still and will stay for a long time the biggest source for Americans to discover new music. 

You really don't wanna tell us that the fact that she made 60k $ with this album thorugh streaming is a big success? In times when streaming is exploding? For comparisons sake: freaking Demon Lovato almost outstreamed HM with one song and let's not even talk about Selenputa or Ariana Grindr! Or Trashley or Melanin Martinez who are her competition among the younger demographic, an audience Lana had in the palm of her hand 4 years ago.

Let us say it as it is: Honeymoon was a flop. If she really wants to turn things round she needs collabs with relevant artists and music that is streaming friendly, lots of touring all around the world accompanied with effective promotion. iTunes will be dead in a few years (probably by 2020).

But I am really tired of this discussion. Lana has faded and will soon be on the level of Marina and the Diamonds. 

A great example of knowing how to play the cards right: Sia

A great example of not knowing how to do so: Lady Gaga