letsescapelizzy

Honeymoon Sales

Hits Daily Double now predicts the album will sell 110-115,000 pure copies in its first week of release. That represents a slight downgrade from the initial 125,000 forecast, which was based on a more limited portrait of the sales marketplace.

:ohno:

RVhKIwP.gif

Congratulations Lana on 110k sold and the #2 chart position. Fourth Top 10

Born to die -2

Paradise- 10 (Billboard officially counts Paradise as a stand alone release)

Ultraviolence-1

Honeymoon-2

and looking forward-

(there are less than a handful of female artists in history with five Top 10 albums.

Among which are Streisand, Madonna and Tori Amos.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

#2 US 

#2 Belgic 

Debuts so far

#1 AUS

#1 IRL

#2 UK

#2 ITA

#2 NZ

#3 FRA

#3 SWE

#4 GER

#5 NED

These numbers are amazing. People are saying that Lana's becoming a 'niche artist' and that she's 'failing' but - for an act like Lana - her commercial longevity is astounding. There's no other artist that's properly like Lana so that helps but most artists are lucky to get to album 3 and still be getting top 10 debuts, even with massive amounts of promotion. Take, for example, E-MO-TION: it's an album that no-one expected to be good because Carly is the Call Me Maybe-girl but blew everyone away. It was promoted really well but it got nowhere and that's because most artists nowadays don't have longevity. Lana's been extremely lucky to sell the numbers she has in today's music climate and to have achieved the longevity that she has so far. It might be a little early to tell with Honeymoon but we've got to appreciate that Lana is doing well for an artist like herself.

Excuse my overlong post

These numbers are amazing. People are saying that Lana's becoming a 'niche artist' and that she's 'failing' but - for an act like Lana - her commercial longevity is astounding. There's no other artist that's properly like Lana so that helps but most artists are lucky to get to album 3 and still be getting top 10 debuts, even with massive amounts of promotion. Take, for example, E-MO-TION: it's an album that no-one expected to be good because Carly is the Call Me Maybe-girl but blew everyone away. It was promoted really well but it got nowhere and that's because most artists nowadays don't have longevity. Lana's been extremely lucky to sell the numbers she has in today's music climate and to have achieved the longevity that she has so far. It might be a little early to tell with Honeymoon but we've got to appreciate that Lana is doing well for an artist like herself.

Excuse my overlong post

Hold your horses! Longevity is 10-15 years. It's only been 4 years since "Video Games" came out. Let's see if she really will have that kind of staying power. I believe she is built to last past these hip-hop & twerking fads of the day.

Hold your horses! Longevity is 10-15 years. It's only been 4 years since "Video Games" came out. Let's see if she really will have that kind of staying power. I believe she is built to last past these hip-hop & twerking fads of the day.

Longevity for someone of her calibre. Most artists nowadays are made to last 3 albums and then fade. Lana's proved with 4 top 10 releases in the US and 3 top 3 albums that she's got more longevity than most artists nowadays.