letsescapelizzy

Honeymoon Sales

She is a pop singer signed to a major label.

Name another dream pop/baroque pop singer selling 116K debut week with minimal promotion in a declining music market in the US in 2015

I'm not here to start an argument, I'm just saying that, in my opinion, there's not another artist like Lana right now who's selling the numbers she's selling and I'm pretty surprised by the fact that she's had 4 top 10 albums releasing the music that she's releasing. Personally, I thought she'd fade away after TPE was released and am surprised she's managed to stay relevant now for as long as she has. In today's music market, artists are lucky to get to their fourth or fifth release and still sell numbers that are deemed impressive. Anyone relevant now will be lucky to make it to 15 years and still be popular. Think Miley: I'm pretty sure that free release has ruined her. Lana isn't making hip-hop artist featuring, million-dollar-production-fee, excessively-advertised songs and for that reason I'm surprised she's still managed to break the top 5 of most major music markets.

Sorry for expressing my opinion...

I'm just gonna stop now. Sorry.

Name another dream pop/baroque pop singer selling 116K debut week with minimal promotion in a declining music market in the US in 2015

I'm not here to start an argument, I'm just saying that, in my opinion, there's not another artist like Lana right now who's selling the numbers she's selling and I'm pretty surprised by the fact that she's had 4 top 10 albums releasing the music that she's releasing. Personally, I thought she'd fade away after TPE was released and am surprised she's managed to stay relevant now for as long as she has. In today's music market, artists are lucky to get to their fourth or fifth release and still sell numbers that are deemed impressive. Anyone relevant now will be lucky to make it to 15 years and still be popular. Think Miley: I'm pretty sure that free release has ruined her. Lana isn't making hip-hop artist featuring, million-dollar-production-fee, excessively-advertised songs and for that reason I'm surprised she's still managed to break the top 5 of most major music markets.

Sorry for expressing my opinion...

I'm just gonna stop now. Sorry.

What is TPE? Not an album, not Tropico, ?????

Oh god :rip:

It's to be expected with her shift to more alternative music and lack of promotion, but damn. 

Yeah amazing sales for someone of her type. Her songs do not appeal to the standard top-40 pop radio, Miley, Taylor Swift, hip-hop or anything else mainstream-wise. She's definitely what I would consider Queen of Alternative Pop.

Long live Hollywood Sadcore!

What is TPE? Not an album, not Tropico, ?????

Yeah amazing sales for someone of her type. Her songs do not appeal to the standard top-40 pop radio, Miley, Taylor Swift, hip-hop or anything else mainstream-wise. She's definitely what I would consider Queen of Alternative Pop.

Long live Hollywood Sadcore!

no dude, this is a complete floppage!

Is this really concerning? Like I don't know anything about sales, but could this affect her to the point where she actually wouldn't release anything anymore? I don't know why but this makes me genuinely sad as fuck, and I bought the album thrice including two box sets

ZKcaooE.png

maybe she needs a flop to step her promo game up

That's what I was thinking. She dose need the proverbial kick up the arse so that she steps up her game again...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Is this really concerning? Like I don't know anything about sales, but could this affect her to the point where she actually wouldn't release anything anymore? I don't know why but this makes me genuinely sad as fuck, and I bought the album thrice including two box sets

Nothing, Madonna had a 86% drop too lol 

"Madonna's new album has reportedly undergone the biggest second-week sales drop in US chart history, following allegations its first-week sales were "artifically inflated" thanks to a concert-ticket scheme." both Honeymoon and MDNA dropped 86% which means she's tied for having the biggest second week sales drop in US chart history. queen of flopping!

RVhKIwP.gif

Stop complaining about her sales already.

It wouldn't help you at all.

What do you even care how much she debuted or sold? It's not your job to judge or something.

Don't come up to me.

You are fans, not critics.

You're supposed to enjoy her new music and buy it (or stream), that's it.

giphy.gif

Stop complaining about her sales already.

It wouldn't help you at all.

What do you even care how much she debuted or sold? It's not your job to judge or something.

Don't come up to me.

You are fans, not critics.

You're supposed to enjoy her new music and buy it (or stream), that's it.

...because the title of the thread is Honeymoon Sales

RVhKIwP.gif

A little flop never hurt no one...

Don't worry y'all. In my honest opinion, I thought she was going to sell 80k in the US and 150k WW. Those numbers, yeah they're horrible compared to BTD and UV, but it's still nice. Two-hundred thousand people bought an album with 0 hits, 0 promo, 0 TV performances and a bad, irrelevant radio session. I think it's fine. It's still a flop, her first real flop, but it's not like she sold 3 copies.