Sign in to follow this  
veniceglitch

Lana covers V Magazine's Best of the Best Issue

I, have, no, words

utterly ridiculous, why tf do people act like she HAS TO MAKE A WILD GRANDIOSE STATEMENT ABOUT FEMINISM.. .. like let the lady stand for things that interest her! .. if all women were interested in ONLY feminism, we would have a lot of other things to deal with! shaming a woman for not BEING SUPER FEMINIST ASF and shaming her for being interested in other things than feminism is so gross.

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

feel like they’re shaming her for being interested in things other than feminism! like I’m sorry but thats like saying “As a woman, you’re only allowed to be interested in our future and our intergalactic possibilites IF you are as interested in PUSHING THE FEMINISM AGENDA!”  

FURTHERMORE the entire last paragraph makes this WHOLE post bullshit

"Then again, Lana Del Rey is under no obligation to be the standard bearer for feminism in the 21st Century, and given quotes like these, we really shouldn't expect anything like that from her. If she doesn’t want to address it, well, that’s fine. We just wish she’d be a little less clumsy when it happens to come up, though—not everyone thinks it's as much of a no-brainer as she does."

​thats basically like saying "really it doesn't matter what lanas views on feminism are .. bc she doesn't at all need to be the feminism poster child. BUT I REALLY NEEDED A STORY SO I PULLED THIS OUT OF MY ASS FOR THE CONTROVERSY!" like.. this whole entire article is in and of itself anti-feminist because its literally going after a woman for being interested in other things than feminism.

TRASHHHHHHH 

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

feel like they’re shaming her for being interested in things other than feminism! like I’m sorry but thats like saying “As a woman, you’re only allowed to be interested in our future and our intergalactic possibilites IF you are as interested in PUSHING THE FEMINISM AGENDA!”  

FURTHERMORE the entire last paragraph makes this WHOLE post bullshit

"Then again, Lana Del Rey is under no obligation to be the standard bearer for feminism in the 21st Century, and given quotes like these, we really shouldn't expect anything like that from her. If she doesn’t want to address it, well, that’s fine. We just wish she’d be a little less clumsy when it happens to come up, though—not everyone thinks it's as much of a no-brainer as she does."

​thats basically like saying "really it doesn't matter what lanas views on feminism are .. bc she doesn't at all need to be the feminism poster child. BUT I REALLY NEEDED A STORY SO I PULLED THIS OUT OF MY ASS FOR THE CONTROVERSY!" like.. this whole entire article is in and of itself anti-feminist because its literally going after a woman for being interested in other things than feminism.

TRASHHHHHHH 

YEPP. They basically took her words out of context and then ran with it.

I really don't want a whole "Lana's still up to hating feminism" thing like we had enough of the bullshit stories "Lana had plastic surgery" "Lana is Lizzy" "Lana wants to die" "Lana hates women" like what the fuck she could drop a paperclip and headlines would be like "Lana caught throwing toxic waste on city streets and promotes pollution"

I really don't want a whole "Lana's still up to hating feminism" thing like we had enough of the bullshit stories "Lana had plastic surgery" "Lana is Lizzy" "Lana wants to die" "Lana hates women" like what the fuck she could drop a paperclip and headlines would be like "Lana caught throwing toxic waste on city streets and promotes pollution"

in demand queen of the world, all eyes on her x

http://instagram.com/p/7JthxanaZD/

:facepalm:  Wrong magazine, Patty.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS