comeintomybedroom

Empress Of

how do you interpret "Icon"? what I get from the lyrics I really like but some of it puzzles me

I had been taking tons of adderall to finish the album and couldn’t sleep one night. After editing tracks for 10 hours I opened a new session, something I hadn’t done in a while, and started to write this song. I usually write songs about things I’m doing literally at that moment so what was I doing at 3 am? “If I wasn’t awake I’d be dreaming. I took too many pills to be sleeping.” I knew the minute I wrote this song it was gonna be the album closer! I had been working on this record for almost a year and no one knew or could give a damn. “I’m just in a room with the lights on and there's no one who knows I’m their icon.”

how do you interpret "Icon"? what I get from the lyrics I really like but some of it puzzles me

I had been taking tons of adderall to finish the album and couldn’t sleep one night. After editing tracks for 10 hours I opened a new session, something I hadn’t done in a while, and started to write this song. I usually write songs about things I’m doing literally at that moment so what was I doing at 3 am? “If I wasn’t awake I’d be dreaming. I took too many pills to be sleeping.” I knew the minute I wrote this song it was gonna be the album closer! I had been working on this record for almost a year and no one knew or could give a damn. “I’m just in a room with the lights on and there's no one who knows I’m their icon.”

Oh cool backstory! So when she says "and there's no one who knows I’m their icon", do you take that to mean no one finds her important? Also, she says "all that keeps me awake is the lights on" which confuses me because she just talked about how the pills are keeping her awake.

H0bDaqU.gif

Nobody can help me with her masterpost :( @@National Anthem @@comeintomybedroom

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_sVerxii13-QzFCV1R1MWdjY28&usp=sharing 15 YouTube rips of the Colorminutes and 3 Souncloud rips of Realize You, Agua Agua, and Hot N Cold.

What's left is the two track Champagne single, four track Systems EP, Create Your Love by Amateur Best, and Me of course. 

Oh cool backstory! So when she says "and there's no one who knows I’m their icon", do you take that to mean no one finds her important? Also, she says "all that keeps me awake is the lights on" which confuses me because she just talked about how the pills are keeping her awake.

I take it as she's been working so hard on the album, dedicating her whole life to it, but literally no one knows. By the lights, I ***think it's a metaphor for the the drive that she has for doing what she's doing. Getting the attention she wants to gain, becoming an icon.

Yeah :xcry: what's your favorite song?

from Me: Everything is You, Make Up, How do u do it and water water. From Systems, no means no and tristeza. Others: Champagne and dont tell me!

It better be Icon, Makeup and Standard. :xcry:

the whole album slays me anyway, Icon is growing on me a lot and the make up's high note at the end, legend.