Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

My "Ride" Premiere Experience

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG im so glad U had a great time and I love Ur question!!! Truthfully, I think it would take someone with no manners/tact 2 ask about K/Jimmy.. I'd feel like it'd be too personal as much as I wanna knooow lmao

Oh, and some Dominic Scott fellow said Ride makes BTD look like a student project.. RUDE.com

.....indian. headdress. ..... :whoopi: ....the fuck lana? She's gonna get some back lash for that one in the native country.

other than that sounds fucking incredible.

IK, Chuck, her + charlie have all worn it now. silly hipsters

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Guest Maru the Cat

The main point was that there are more extreme examples than Lana. We haven't even seen Lana in the video yet so we don't know how exactly she 'parties' with the headdress on but people are already calling her insensitive and unthoughtful.

So? It doesn't negate the fact that she may have done something incredibly insensitive. (I have to see the context of her wearing it, but I highly doubt that its even "acceptable" in those circumstances).

So? It doesn't negate the fact that she may have done something incredibly insensitive. (I have to see the context of her wearing it, but I highly doubt that its even "acceptable" in those circumstances).

Well if you search "indian headress" or "native american headress" on Google, the most popular suggestions are how to make them or where to get them for a fancy dress party. They're quite popular as just decorative head pieces but that doesn't mean that everyone who wears one is wearing it offensively. I can understand why people would think that it's offensive but personally I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's just for a music video. She's not using this for attention at all. The music video has been described as a short film and it's set in the middle of the desert; it's only for aesthetic purposes.

Lana's music describes a caricature of America itself so some people might even think that she is offensive anyway since she's portraying Americans as bikers and party animals who drink Budweiser in the middle of the desert waving the American flag in the air. It's all down to personal opinion and I don't think it's offensive. I guess we will just have to wait for the Ride video to be released before we can start passing judgements.

Wow.

So happy for you that you got to be there!

After I met her it was so vivid, yet like a dream~ I know how you feel!

Aww, thank god some real Lana fans got to go instead of all wanna be hipsterss

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

I had no idea that wearing an Indian headdress is such a sensitive issue in the US. :( I doubt Lana intended to offend anyone but I guess that it all depends on the Native Americans view of the matter. Would they think it's offensive? From afar the headdresses seem to be a great symbol that everybody would associate with the Native Americans and most people probabaly don't mean anything bad while admiring or wearing them. But it's true that they don't know about the cultural context in which it's appropriate to wear those headdresses...

OK I think I understand now why it might cause problems. It's not enough to ruin the video for me but being from the US Lana should probably know better which things might harm her image. :blush:

Great essay. Over double the required length. However, I'm taking points off due to the lack of pictures, the missing YouTube video, and your failure to properly explain what the tire swing is suspended from.

A-

Hey WTF, every time i went way over on essays in school (which was probably every single time because i am completely incapable of keeping things short) i got docked points for it. You gotta keep it concise and write within the limitations you've been given! FUCK THIS SHIT, PROFESSOR ENTITY. Also, why/how are you Sitar's teacher? I missed something and i need an explanation. I'm wondering if this is going to turn into a Boarding School type of situation...

And the PinupGirls Award for Most Ignorant Post Made Regarding Race/Culture in a Music Video goes to Moy! Congrats!

:facepalm:

OMG haaa, this is amazing, we totally need this award, for real. Astonishingly, Moy, too, seems to be digging a larger and larger hole just as PinupGirls once did. That begs the question: Will this thread accomplish the seemingly impossible feat of topping the infamous NA video thread??

honordud.jpg

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Guest Maru the Cat

If it does, it won't be because of me. I don't want to be the person that has to pick apart, point by point the ignorance of his posts.

I think that in some parallel universe one of the biker dudes in Ride is black, and in this parallel universe lanadelrey.fm never went down and PinupGirls is right now writing a post about how even though he loves black people, he just doesn't get why one of the bikers had to be black.

So, who wants to place bets that Lana's response, if questioned about the headdress, will be "I just thought it looked really beautiful"?

I think that in some parallel universe one of the biker dudes in Ride is black, and in this parallel universe lanadelrey.fm never went down and PinupGirls is right now writing a post about how even though he loves black people, he just doesn't get why one of the bikers had to be black.

So, who wants to place bets that Lana's response, if questioned about the headdress, will be "I just thought it looked really beautiful"?

omggggggggggg lmao U kill me.

Zq70s.jpg

U6Na5.jpg

its juSt FasHun Ok!!!!!!! U dONT UndERstaNd!!!! I bOugHt it At UrBaN OutFittERs. My FamILy iS ParT NaVaJo

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Maybe in the near future, when Lana releases something country-exclusive, Moy can come to the rescue and make a fake iTunes for that country and buy the songs for us all. :flutter:

14417469274.gif

Hey WTF, every time i went way over on essays in school (which was probably every single time because i am completely incapable of keeping things short) i got docked points for it. You gotta keep it concise and write within the limitations you've been given! FUCK THIS SHIT, PROFESSOR ENTITY.

I'm shocked. Shocked, I say. :P

Also, why/how are you Sitar's teacher? I missed something and i need an explanation. I'm wondering if this is going to turn into a Boarding School type of situation...

This all started here. So ironic you mention "Boarding School" though. I'll be giving a lecture partially about that on the forum in the near future.

And the PinupGirls Award for Most Ignorant Post Made Regarding Race/Culture in a Music Video goes to Moy! Congrats!

:facepalm:

OMG haaa, this is amazing, we totally need this award, for real. Astonishingly, Moy, too, seems to be digging a larger and larger hole just as PinupGirls once did. That begs the question: Will this thread accomplish the seemingly impossible feat of topping the infamous NA video thread??

I don't think we'll ever top that thread, but yes, we do need this award. Perhaps we can add it to the Contests section along with MOTW: The PinupGirls Award for Most Ignorant Post Made Regarding Race/Culture of the Week.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Zq70s.jpg

WAIT. Is that Chuck? No, she can't be that much of an asshole.

Maybe in the near future, when Lana releases something country-exclusive, Moy can come to the rescue and make a fake iTunes for that country and buy the songs for us all. :flutter:

OH MAN. So good.

Hey, do you think that in this same parallel universe Ahmed is still looking for his microphone to host Reydio? ...

Thanks guys, i'll be here all week. You should really try the fish, i hear it's good, i'm friends with the cook, so.