AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

Ummm... no? wtf

Is it GOD in the Water? is a semi-ambient banger. A mesmerising, unique experience.

Pretending is a drug experience, a work of art that dissociates you from reality, to take you to another new dimension. One of the most breaktakingly, beautiful songs I've ever heard.

And then there's T.R.A.S.H... A Tinnitus inducing, sad excuse of a song. I was basically listening to a balloon deflate for 3 minutes straight. And comparing it to the other two MASTERPIECES cited above is a total lack of respect for ART and TALENT.

Sophie played the instrumental for "Is it Cold in the Water" when i saw her two years ago and i remember being so hypnotized and mesmerized by it, it was such a weird experience i literally felt like i was tripping out, and hearing it on the album with vocals and lyrics was amazing, the song is so powerful IMO, it's simple but super effective

L.O.V.E. is unlistenable, sorry.

how long have been listening to her? it is, it just takes time. The twinkles towards the end are to die for.

Like Pretending is great in the sense that its a sonically interesting piece of music, atmospheric, like a score from a film, but at 6 min long when the fuck am i supposed to be in the mood to hear something like that? Like when am i ever looking to listen to ambient electronic rumbling for 6 minutes?

The song just kinda stops the album in its tracks, amidst big bangers at the start and finish, Pretending is just noise that goes nowhere for way too long. Cool noise, but pointless nonetheless.

Like Pretending is great in the sense that its a sonically interesting piece of music, atmospheric, like a score from a film, but at 6 min long when the fuck am i supposed to be in the mood to hear something like that? Like when am i ever looking to listen to ambient electronic rumbling for 6 minutes?

The song just kinda stops the album in its tracks, amidst big bangers at the start and finish, Pretending is just noise that goes nowhere for way too long. Cool noise, but pointless nonetheless.

i agree it's too long for its own good but its nice having a breathing moment before the absolute wig destruction that is immaterial

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

or maybe i just like it a lot?? why would i like something to be edgy, that's such juvenile behavior, even you assuming that is childish omg, ANYWAYS, i loved the album in it's entirety  :makeup:

and I loved is it cold in the water, this album plays like a story about queerness and self-acceptance to me and i am so here for it, even the tracks y'all are calling "unlistenable" are amazing and add so much to the album, i really don't understand the hate, y'all just want everything to be easily digestible omg, I really don't know what y'all were expecting from an experimental artist

hhhh so true

could mean they are roommates or friends, does not say “girlfrind” smh. def. possible, but Hayden talks this way about a lot of people. She’s very sweet. :’)

Khris not to be rude but most of these are almost definitely for other people. Not solo at all.

• My Best Friend Too / Crazy Expensive / Fuck It Up / etc. are Basside. They are their songs and I can't see them coming out aside from them. I saw them perform them last night.
  • Every Time might be for another SOPHIE project but it sounds like Starrah, so I’m guessing for pitch.
  • Dough sounds like some rap artist. I would say Gaika, but the voice sounded different to me. 
  • Screw It Up is probably for Bibi’s album...at least I hope so. Same with "Money," maybe? Seems like they've been working together on a decent amount of stuff. 
  • We Don’t Stop and It's Your Life: Kim Petras.
  • Sunscreen: LIZ
  • Those Freedia songs (all three of them) are probably never coming out but i think their Freedia’s, not SOPHIE’s.
  • 90 on the Freeway is a mystery lmao. She hasn’t played it live in a long time though, iirc. Some of us think it might be Basside, but we're not totally sure. 
  • "Bad Bitch" is old & a fan title. 
  • Also WGFU is probably a Charli outtake? idk

What are “Forever” and “Cool”??

she says 'partner' which i think implies they're engaged or something? 5 yrs is a long time to call someone ur gf

Ummm... no? wtf

Is it GOD in the Water? is a semi-ambient banger. A mesmerising, unique experience.

Pretending is a drug experience, a work of art that dissociates you from reality, to take you to another new dimension. One of the most breaktakingly, beautiful songs I've ever heard.

And then there's T.R.A.S.H... A Tinnitus inducing, sad excuse of a song. I was basically listening to a balloon deflate for 3 minutes straight. And comparing it to the other two MASTERPIECES cited above is a total lack of respect for ART and TALENT.

Ambient wind noises.... the most breathtakingly beautiful song you’ve ever heard??? Ok :lmao:

14417469274.gif

Ambient wind noises.... the most breathtakingly beautiful song you’ve ever heard??? Ok :lmao:

how anyone expected a lana del rey forum to unanimously agree on a sophie album is crazy

X----into me, into you----X

Let's just pretend Pretending doesn't exist and delete it from our libraries

Reported both of y'all for homophobia.

t6xXYzj.gif