AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

hmmm I don't think the SOPHIE train has left the station yet... gaga is getting on the SOPHIE train at the right time and they're gonna create something beautiful :)

honestly disagree!! Haha. It’s definitely not gone but SOPHIE started to get press in 2013 and that’s when, in my opinion at least, she really was leaving the station. Madonna & LIZ & Le1f - who all had SOPHIE stuff out in 2015 - really were the first on the train. I guess Charli would fit in there too. It’s just been a slow burn.

It’s also been weird because such a small fraction of her collabs get released. She’s pitched stuff to big pop acts before & had it never get released (Kyary Kyary Pamyu, will.i.am, Rihanna, Big Freedia); she’s done stuff with smaller acts (Basside, Tyni, James Wolf, etc.) and they’ve never come out either. I have a feeling she pitches stuff all the time, especially if she’s working with Starrah and Bibi Bourelly, both of which are pretty well-known songwriters.

To boot, she’s also cancelled TWO DIFFERENT Adult Swim singles.

but she let Quay Dash release two songs last year, who has no money and never even got money from the songs. She also shows up the weirdest places, like the Lunice song with Le1f...it doesn’t make ANY sense!

She also said early this year in an interview that she couldn’t talk about some “high profile” collaborations, and I’ve been thinking it might be Nicki (very slim chance), but could also be Gaga. Which also could mean they worked on stuff awhile ago and not recently.

As of right now, in all honesty, i think the Gaika collab might be the only SOPHIE we get for the rest of the year. :( I hope she pulls through with that remix album but it seems so unlikely, knowing her.

honestly disagree!! Haha. It’s definitely not gone but SOPHIE started to get press in 2013 and that’s when, in my opinion at least, she really was leaving the station. Madonna & LIZ & Le1f - who all had SOPHIE stuff out in 2015 - really were the first on the train. I guess Charli would fit in there too. It’s just been a slow burn.

It’s also been weird because such a small fraction of her collabs get released. She’s pitched stuff to big pop acts before & had it never get released (Kyary Kyary Pamyu, will.i.am, Rihanna, Big Freedia); she’s done stuff with smaller acts (Basside, Tyni, James Wolf, etc.) and they’ve never come out either. I have a feeling she pitches stuff all the time, especially if she’s working with Starrah and Bibi Bourelly, both of which are pretty well-known songwriters.

To boot, she’s also cancelled TWO DIFFERENT Adult Swim singles.

but she let Quay Dash release two songs last year, who has no money and never even got money from the songs. She also shows up the weirdest places, like the Lunice song with Le1f...it doesn’t make ANY sense!

She also said early this year in an interview that she couldn’t talk about some “high profile” collaborations, and I’ve been thinking it might be Nicki (very slim chance), but could also be Gaga. Which also could mean they worked on stuff awhile ago and not recently.

As of right now, in all honesty, i think the Gaika collab might be the only SOPHIE we get for the rest of the year. :( I hope she pulls through with that remix album but it seems so unlikely, knowing her.

her and charli apparently made dozens of tracks aside from the ones we heard/got released, but a lot of people say the reason they don't come out is because atlantic doesn't want to pay tons of money for sophie, so would that be why her other collabs usually end up in the bin? perhaps she charges a lot then

perhaps kim will release we don't stop but if sophie does charge an insane amount i don't see it happening.

her and charli apparently made dozens of tracks aside from the ones we heard/got released, but a lot of people say the reason they don't come out is because atlantic doesn't want to pay tons of money for sophie, so would that be why her other collabs usually end up in the bin? perhaps she charges a lot then

perhaps kim will release we don't stop but if sophie does charge an insane amount i don't see it happening.

it’s more complicated than just money, that was what i was trying to say. that’s wrong, Charli could’ve put out the sophie songs if she really wanted.

there are people screaming in it so no but tbqfh it sounds exactly like the studio 

I came back just to say I was stupid because I heard the screaming when I listened to it again :toofunny: At least it sounds like the studio version tho.

so there's 7 months left to this year, will we get the next 3 albums two months within that time frame?

i know...i just keeping hoping that because she's on Future Classic, she's able to put out that much stuff. Didn't Flume put out a couple EPs pretty soon after his last record? It seems she has a lot of creative freedom right now, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.