AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

well, that's not really...her song though...? it's Shawns.

Yeah but that’s not how Grammys work, everyone involved with a song or project gets nominated & wins. But yes, SOPHIE is definitely the first trans woman to receive a solo nomination as the lead artist on a project.

Yeah but that’s not how Grammys work, everyone involved with a song or project gets nominated & wins. But yes, SOPHIE is definitely the first trans woman to receive a solo nomination as the lead artist on a project.

Yeah, I know that, but it's just strange how they make such a big fuss out of her being nominated when SOPHIE's album is 110% her work alone.

lABVyGE.png

Sucker, on 08 Dec 2018 - 3:46 PM, said:

Yeah, I know that, but it's just strange how they make such a big fuss out of her being nominated when SOPHIE's album is 110% her work alone.

Not if you count Cecile, who did most of the vocals and is credited on a writer on six of the nine tracks. :P

Just to be clear: I am very excited for SOPHIE and I hope she wins.

At the same time, I think she's very susceptible to what critics think, and am worried (as a fan) that winning might make her even more perfectionistic and picky about what she releases or puts her name on. It's not hard to work with her, but it seems like it's near-fucking-impossible to get her okay to release a track once it's finished.

I have a theory that part of why more of the Charli collabs (including Taxi) didn't come out has something to do with Pitchfork's totally unfair review of Vroom Vroom. SOPHIE likes to put on like she doesn't care what people think, but I definitely think she listens to and cares about critics' opinions.

I also think Cecile was a significant contributor to the record, and though she's not credited (which might be unfair, though that's neither here nor there), she was obviously a HUGE part of the album and deserves the win and attention as much as SOPHIE does.

So are we getting an actual new album on christmas? or is it just dumb remixes nobody cares about?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i lowkey hope she doesn't win... like i love her work but grammys are really a shitshow and i really don't want her to get tangled up with that bullshit. she is not a pop star or anything that she needs that kind of recognition. the fuckers @ grammys need to stay in their lane. thank you very much