Sign in to follow this  
Just Cherry

Freak

the fact that she just goes blueblueblueblueblueblueblueblueblueblueblueblueblueblueblueblue at that one part :toofunny:

Yeah that's the only part I don't like at all. It sounds so amateurish tbh.

"We could go dance to rock music

Kiss while we do it

Talk til we both turn blue"

That "blue" is referred to the flames that are really hot, right? It isn't "blue" in a sad-sense I think... Don't know if I get it well

I think she means talk till we run out of breath. And turn blue. 

Saw this on Genius:

"The last echoes of Freak join to the first seconds of Art Deco. Consider the incredible concept album; very poetic and retrospective. The eighth track is called “Burnt Norton” and speaks of the past, the future, the time as irredeemable avatar, and the perception of “Who I am, what I was, and what will be.”

It’s really beautiful the connection between Freak and Art Deco: In the first, Lana speaks of herself as if he were in the climb of happiness, speaks to California as if it were her man, and she is in love with him . Occasionally singing “Looking back my past is most stranger than stranger”. in Art Deco, Lana talks about a wayward girl (almost like a stranger); enjoying a life lost among holidays and a world of life in limit. We all know the past of Lana, is not it? Note that New York is highly influenced by the Art Deco.

Well, I think that in Freak, Lana talks about her ideal future, and Art Deco, their intangible past. In both songs speaks in the present tense. That is the ART.

i’m sorry for my english" 

What a good interpretation :D Here for it, I haven't really understood what Lana was trying to say with Honeymoon but this is a pretty good read of Freak and Art Deco's connection

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Saw this on Genius:

"The last echoes of Freak join to the first seconds of Art Deco. Consider the incredible concept album; very poetic and retrospective. The eighth track is called “Burnt Norton” and speaks of the past, the future, the time as irredeemable avatar, and the perception of “Who I am, what I was, and what will be.”

It’s really beautiful the connection between Freak and Art Deco: In the first, Lana speaks of herself as if he were in the climb of happiness, speaks to California as if it were her man, and she is in love with him . Occasionally singing “Looking back my past is most stranger than stranger”. in Art Deco, Lana talks about a wayward girl (almost like a stranger); enjoying a life lost among holidays and a world of life in limit. We all know the past of Lana, is not it? Note that New York is highly influenced by the Art Deco.

Well, I think that in Freak, Lana talks about her ideal future, and Art Deco, their intangible past. In both songs speaks in the present tense. That is the ART.

i’m sorry for my english" 

What a good interpretation :D Here for it, I haven't really understood what Lana was trying to say with Honeymoon but this is a pretty good read of Freak and Art Deco's connection

Love this interpretation, thanks for sharing. I feel like the line "looking back, my past, it all seems stranger than a stranger" is quite significant in the context of the Freak/Art Deco duo as well.