Give me the brite lites
Give me the brite lites
Give me the brite lites, yeah
(x2)

I'm waving on the silver screen
I'm waving on the trampoline

The film is fading, look at me, yeah (x3)
The film is fading, look at me, look at me

Give me the brite lites
Give me the brite lites
(x2)

Give me the brite lites
Give me the brite lites
(x2)

Give me the brite lites
Give me the brite lites

Edited by SitarHero

tumblr_mhzjal5z1N1rab19lo1_1280.png

All this time I simply and carelessly sang:

I'm going back to Aberdeen 3x

Where once I was a beauty queen

Now that I took a closer listen, it's definitely 'when' and there's a significant 'ar' sound for an Arbor Dean

*snickers* Aberdeen beauty queen

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

I hear it as Aberdeen. It also makes more sense to me, there is an Aberdeen in Alabama (near Huntsville, more on that later), and maybe she did spend time there during her Alabama sojourn.

All this time I simply and carelessly sang:

I'm going back to Aberdeen 3x

Where once I was a beauty queen

Now that I took a closer listen, it's definitely 'when' and there's a significant 'ar' sound for an Arbor Dean

*snickers* Aberdeen beauty queen

Yess, I've always thought that aswell. I've seen a lot of people writing 'arbor dean' but I've still always thought of it as 'Aberdeen'

I've never been 100% sure though.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

I hear it as Aberdeen. It also makes more sense to me, there is an Aberdeen in Alabama (near Huntsville, more on that later), and maybe she did spend time there during her Alabama sojourn.

Exactly.

Yess, I've always thought that aswell. I've seen a lot of people writing 'arbor dean' but I've still always thought of it as 'Aberdeen'

I've never been 100% sure though.

Aberdeen ~ Arberdeen, could've prob. be a simple case of Lana's Nobokovian slip.

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

I can't believe i didn't realize sooner that the guy's count-in at the beginning of the demo is also on the record. Which is weird because the guitar from the demo is not on the record and neither is her vocal take. I'm guessing the demo was used as a scratch track to program the beat or something, but she liked his voice/counting enough to keep it in? I wonder who the guy is. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I can't believe i didn't realize sooner that the guy's count-in at the beginning of the demo is also on the record. Which is weird because the guitar from the demo is not on the record and neither is her vocal take. I'm guessing the demo was used as a scratch track to program the beat or something, but she liked his voice/counting enough to keep it in? I wonder who the guy is. 

Oh wow, I haven't been listening to this song loud enough. I didn't even notice there was any sort of instrumentation under the guy's countdown but I just cranked it and I'm in love with that detail.

But yeah, it really is the same exact count. Very cool!

wow, she really didn't put any work into these lyrics.

I think the repitition plays into the part of her 'character' in this particular song, like she's heroin addled and fame obsessed or something. it would explain the detachment in her voice as well. I get the feeling Lana does everything for one reason or another, or at least I like to think

ZRBNill.jpg

I don't know if anyone has found this out yet, because I know there was still some debate a while back, but did anyone else realize "Aberdeen" is Kurt Cobain's hometown?

well i knew but idk how that would have anything to do with lana. why would she go back to another musician's hometown?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.