Your Girl Lana

Brite Lites

well i knew but idk how that would have anything to do with lana. why would she go back to another musician's hometown?

She mentions Nirvana in a lot of her songs. As with most of her references, I think it's symbolic of a feeling or something bigger than her literally going there. 

sort of ~

She mentions Nirvana in a lot of her songs. As with most of her references, I think it's symbolic of a feeling or something bigger than her literally going there. 

she mentions nirvana twice and kurt once, one of the nirvana mentions and the kurt mention barely have a meaning and sound more like namedropping to me. and i don't think she's actually singing "aberdeen", she can't possibly think it's pronounced that way, i think she's singing about something different

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I don't know if anyone has found this out yet, because I know there was still some debate a while back, but did anyone else realize "Aberdeen" is Kurt Cobain's hometown?

she mentions nirvana twice and kurt once, one of the nirvana mentions and the kurt mention barely have a meaning and sound more like namedropping to me. and i don't think she's actually singing "aberdeen", she can't possibly think it's pronounced that way, i think she's singing about something different

Yeah, I considered the Kurt/Aberdeen possibility a long time ago, as well as the possibility that K might be Kurt, but discounted them mainly because she pronounces it more like "Arbor Dean" and because "Brite Lites" and "For K" don't fit with Kurt's life at all. But the more time goes on, the more I think it might be right and she had some sort of weird fantasy life involving her and Kurt completely disconnected from the details of his actual life, personality, or art.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

As with most of her references, I think it's symbolic of a feeling or something bigger than her literally going there. 

Alabama?  :teehee:

and i don't think she's actually singing "aberdeen", she can't possibly think it's pronounced that way

Audio Tune?  :teehee:

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

She also alludes to Kurt Cobain/Nirvana in On Our Way, as one of Nirvana's first tours was called Heavier Than Heaven and there's a biopic on Kurt Cobain with the same name.

She also alludes to Kurt Cobain/Nirvana in On Our Way, as one of Nirvana's first tours was called Heavier Than Heaven and there's a biopic on Kurt Cobain with the same name.

and a book but yeah idk, still seems like name dropping to me

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

These lyrics are really hard to figure out

i posted something but i was trying to a get spoiler in it but the spoiler wouldnt work so i was like forget it lmao

sorry to bump, but could "Arbor Dean" be Aberdeen,the city in Scotland?

thats what i thought it was

also #cryingeverydayuntilthemertensversionleaks

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

if it is Aberdeen she's singing, there's also an Aberdeen in New Jersey-- somebody may have brought that up, but an interesting avenue either way  :popcorn:

That may be true. It makes sense since I beileve she lived in nj for a while

I've been listening to this non stop & I'm pretty sure this is her singing to a big Hollywood Playboy saying she slept with him, or multiple people, and now she wants what they promised them, the 'brite lites'. She says she's 'taking off her wedding ring' because if she doesn't the men she's having sex will see it. She 'looks for them in magazines' to have reassurance of what they had promised her. Almost in a sense, bright lights is spelt incorrectly because she will never obtain true fame, but only the silver screens (having a low roles & parts in movies) and trampolines (having fun without any real worries). She also says 'the film is fading look at me' because the industry is dying, she even expresses this in Hollywood's Dead. She believes they should give her these Brite Lites before either Hollywood is dead or the men she fucked are.

Just my little interpretation :)

I've been listening to this non stop & I'm pretty sure this is her singing to a big Hollywood Playboy saying she slept with him, or multiple people, and now she wants what they promised them, the 'brite lites'. She says she's 'taking off her wedding ring' because if she doesn't the men she's having sex will see it. She 'looks for them in magazines' to have reassurance of what they had promised her. Almost in a sense, bright lights is spelt incorrectly because she will never obtain true fame, but only the silver screens (having a low roles & parts in movies) and trampolines (having fun without any real worries). She also says 'the film is fading look at me' because the industry is dying, she even expresses this in Hollywood's Dead. She believes they should give her these Brite Lites before either Hollywood is dead or the men she fucked are.

Just my little interpretation :)

wow i luv this. also #leakmertensbritelites2k17.

also i think ive probably point this out, but the BG ooooo's around 1:58 (on the album version) are sum of my fav lana vocals ever

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan