Sign in to follow this  
Lad

Salvatore

I just had a random thought about the Soft Ice Cream lyrics

"Soft ice cream" sounds the same as "Soft i scream"

Idk, i know it's not grammatically correct (but bestest aint correct either so), but maybe that's a cute little thing Lana thought about while writing.

image.png

For the ones who don't know what she sings before ''tangerine dreams'', here's what I hear:

The summer's wild and I've been waiting for you

All this time, I adore you

Can't you see you're meant for me?

The summer's hot 

But i've been cold without you

I was so wrong not to tell

I'm in regine

Tangerine dreams

As far as I know, the word ''regine'' means 'queen' in italian, so it's like she's saying 'i'm a queen, tangerine dreams'

original.gif

Hey guys, this is one of her songs I made a lyrics video to.  I took a swing (and a miss) at what comes right before Tangerine Dreams, cuz I really have no clue on that one.  I think I got the rest right, tho.

ZAPLBAI.png

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/423592/

For the ones who don't know what she sings before ''tangerine dreams'', here's what I hear:

The summer's wild and I've been waiting for you

All this time, I adore you

Can't you see you're meant for me?

The summer's hot

But i've been cold without you

I was so wrong not to tell

I'm in regine

Tangerine dreams

As far as I know, the word ''regine'' means 'queen' in italian, so it's like she's saying 'i'm a queen, tangerine dreams'

Check the previous page for the correct lyrics

"I was so wrong not to doubt your medellin, tangerine dreams"

With all due respect to @@Eclipse, the fact that LDR DMs him and says it's "Calciatore" but then she doesn't post a clarifying lyric snippet on her facebook or elsewhere is highly suspicious. When someone shows me the latter kind of evidence, I'll be convinced, not before. I mean, couldn't she just be motivated to pull his chain a bit.

However, I have a theory that she wouldn't necessarily be lying to @@Eclipse, based on this evidence:

I typed "cacciatore calciatore" into google search and immediately found this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabrizio_Cacciatore  (along with a recent picture of him in the sidebar).

So my interpretation of the song is she sings cacciatore to mean hunter and the footballer, Cacciatore, and wants everybody to believe that she's really singing a food reference. So everybody's right in a sense, and it's a triple (?) entendre of sorts. 

A MOTHAFUCKIN

SONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

FOR THE AGES.

nice try sweetie :hooker:

large.jpg

be like terrence and leave

anigif_enhanced-10876-1498250559-1.gif?d

sorry sis, that would be a flop

i hate this song so much omg

Shhhh... honey be careful with the sis @@salvatore

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Confirmed by Lana herself in a DM to @@Eclipse 

Calciatore

The summer's hot, but i've been cold without you

I was wrong not to doubt your medellin tangerine dreams

https://twitter.com/ultrasubversive/status/812925480450060288

https://twitter.com/ultrasubversive/status/812925499831894016

adding to the cacciatore / calciatore discussion : pretty sure it's calciatore.

firstly, because if the song is indeed based on her holiday in Italy with Francesco, the calciatore reference would make sense since they were in Portofino, a fashionable beach town that's a notable footballer hotspot, as any Italian knows. google 'calciatore Portofino' and you'll get virtually endless results.

secondly, it makes sense in the context of describing the 'downtown scenes' - footballers & limousines (the town's glamour, basically), then she meets her lover, then the ice cream reference. '(chicken) cacciatore' followed by 'limousine' would be a complete non sequitur.

bless. it was always p obvious it was calciatore to me, but it's nice to be proven right lmao :hooker:

anyway, this song grew on me. it has a certain kitsch factor that i wasn't really a fan of at first & bc of that it used to be one of my least fave songs from HM, but now i like it.

in the wise words of @@Beautiful People pWtw8rQ.png

i present you all with a superior italian man: Gian Maria Volonté . tell me this isn't someone lana would daydream about 

also check the evil villain laugh in the beginning of salvatore, it's probably not him cause his voice doesn't seem that hearty but the idea matches him more so than francesco

lyrics from other songs that could be western references/inspired too:

hm: "we both know the history of violence that surrounds you"

"there are violets in your eyes, there are guns that blaze around you, there are roses in between my thighs, a fire that surrounds you, it's no wonder every man in town has neither fought nor found you" though part of this reminds me more of clint eastwood's "the man with no name" character rather than gian's villains. also the drums and horns when she sings that part sound VERY ennio morricone whew i love her

freak: this one's kind of a reach but the whole "come to california" thing makes me think of everyone heading west for the gold rush, and the "screw your anonymity" bit again reminds me of the man with no name (even tho his name is joe lmao)

24: the entire song

also i'm literally just having fun yall pls don't try to drag me for any of this i know yall get twisted when people try to put forward their own little theories but i'm literally just bored and trying to entertain myself lmao

leak morricone

UbsOye5.png