annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

It's so confusing because on wikipedia it says that Honeymoon sold 600k as of January 2016, but at another point it says it sold 600k as of September 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeymoon_(Lana_Del_Rey_album)

the last time the sales were updated with a number we are sure of was january 2016 when it had just reached a little over 600k. The september thing is uncorrect

giphy.gif

I recall someone saying that HM could be related to a time theme. I'm not sure who exactly said that here.

Anyway, I listened to it while being high, and it really made sense in that moment.

For example, HBTB sounded like going backwards, whereas her voice was moving forward. Hard to explain, but it blew my mind

I think the melodies in HM were really amazing, the reason people don't like it as much/think it's slow to me is because the production is too soft. There was potential for the music to swell like it does in the end of salvatore in other songs but it just doesn't happen. 

I recall someone saying that HM could be related to a time theme. I'm not sure who exactly said that here.

Anyway, I listened to it while being high, and it really made sense in that moment.

For example, HBTB sounded like going backwards, whereas her voice was moving forward. Hard to explain, but it blew my mind

Hey, it was me. I'll find my original post and paste it here.

I don't know if you guys ever realized that, but the Honeymoon instrumentals (and vocals) play a lot around the "time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future" theme (and some people here even say the Burnt Norton interlude is useless in the album, when, in fact, it's a major role in the understandment of the album themes) which I believe is a central role in the album and the thoughts Lana put in its creation.

Like, if you listen to "Music to Watch Boys to" you can hear, right in the beggining, that the chorus without instrumental goes forward, while, in the back sound, the echoes are played backwards.

We have this again in "High by the Beach" with the vocals being played going high and being repeated right after backwards and that goes throughout the entire song, everytime these "scream" (yawns? I don't know how to describe it) appear. The instrumental itself is also going forward and backwards sometimes.

Art Deco brings it again, with the trip beats in the beggining being played forward and backwards. The instrumental in Burnt Norton is essencially this. Played forward and backwards, forward and backwards, giving the feeling of an endless loop.

At the end or Religion the beats slow down to bring Salvatore, where the flutes are first going up and in a second beind played in reverse. 

And the best of all, right in the beggining you have the sound of a man crying compulsively, which is repeated a lot of times. The cry itself lenghts less than a second, but they repeat it like, 9 times, so it seems like a continously cry. At the end of the bridge, when the violins rise again (at the end of the piano part) you can see that the cry is now going up, like a laugh, 'cause they're playing it backwards. God, it's fu**ing amazing. This part is more notorious if you listen to the instrrumental isolated, you can find it in here: 

I listened some of the same pattern in the Swan Song instrumental, but right now I'm not remembering to tell you especifically. Overall, that's just shows how Lana is a fu**ing incredible artist, how everything is planned and she is really focused in materializing an idea, a thought, a belief in what she creates. It's simply overwhelming.

I don't know if you guys ever realized that, but the Honeymoon instrumentals (and vocals) play a lot around the "time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future" theme (and some people here even say the Burnt Norton interlude is useless in the album, when, in fact, it's a major role in the understandment of the album themes) which I believe is a central role in the album and the thoughts Lana put in its creation.

Like, if you listen to "Music to Watch Boys to" you can hear, right in the beggining, that the chorus without instrumental goes forward, while, in the back sound, the echoes are played backwards.

We have this again in "High by the Beach" with the vocals being played going high and being repeated right after backwards and that goes throughout the entire song, everytime these "scream" (yawns? I don't know how to describe it) appear. The instrumental itself is also going forward and backwards sometimes.

Art Deco brings it again, with the trip beats in the beggining being played forward and backwards. The instrumental in Burnt Norton is essencially this. Played forward and backwards, forward and backwards, giving the feeling of an endless loop.

At the end or Religion the beats slow down to bring Salvatore, where the flutes are first going up and in a second beind played in reverse. 

And the best of all, right in the beggining you have the sound of a man crying compulsively, which is repeated a lot of times. The cry itself lenghts less than a second, but they repeat it like, 9 times, so it seems like a continously cry. At the end of the bridge, when the violins rise again (at the end of the piano part) you can see that the cry is now going up, like a laugh, 'cause they're playing it backwards. God, it's fu**ing amazing. This part is more notorious if you listen to the instrrumental isolated, you can find it in here: 

I listened some of the same pattern in the Swan Song instrumental, but right now I'm not remembering to tell you especifically. Overall, that's just shows how Lana is a fu**ing incredible artist, how everything is planned and she is really focused in materializing an idea, a thought, a belief in what she creates. It's simply overwhelming.

Whew this is all so enlightening. Truly her Opus.

And the best of all, right in the beggining you have the sound of a man crying compulsively, which is repeated a lot of times. The cry itself lenghts less than a second, but they repeat it like, 9 times, so it seems like a continously cry. At the end of the bridge, when the violins rise again (at the end of the piano part) you can see that the cry is now going up, like a laugh, 'cause they're playing it backwards. God, it's fu**ing amazing. This part is more notorious if you listen to the instrrumental isolated, you can find it in here: https://www.youtube....h?v=aoSJz0QgC4w.

Yes, it was you! Thank you! It really felt like your description. My experience was that especially the instruments sounded going backwards, whereas her voice made it appear as going forward. It was really strange, but mesmerizing.

I love this so much, it sort of could also play with that idea i think granhamforanthing? or someone was talking about where the album could be talking about Lana's artistry in the past combining with her artistry now~ become a combination of the past and present to create something for the future?

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />