annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I used to say that honeymoon was Lana's worst album (but still my 11th fav album), however, I've been noticing that I listen more to Honeymoon than any other album

I can't listen to HBTB and TLY anymore but Religion, Salvatore, MTWBT, 24, TBD, DLMBM and Swan Song are my favorites i can't stop listening to them  :D

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

What could be considered the target audience for HM? What type of a person would you recommend HM to be checked out first before anything else in Lana's discography?

Actually I think those who are more into rock/classical music. I think they would appreciate the structure and length more opposed to those who are into fast paced pop music (not saying they can't enjoy it) but definitely in terms of music production and structure, rock/classical fans.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I've always loved Honeymoon but lately I've been caught on admiring how fucking beautiful the production and overall aesthetic is. From the subdued percussion, breezy synths, sparse and scattered piano chords, to the angelic vocal layering and adrenaline-inducing arrangements on some tracks. It's both a pity and a blessing that the production takes the backseat... as gorgeous as it is, nothing compares to Lana's delicate vocals and I'm really glad the producers gave that the spotlight.

264pb4i.jpg

I know but on the pre release thread there must be at least 300 pages of pure literal shit and drama it's annoying too there's no in-between and if you have a serious post even if in the end it's not that serious it can't even be seen amongst all the other mess posts. Oh well whatever

How fun is it that we've had 2 LFL pre-release threads with the total of 800-or-so pages full of literal shit :toofunny:

Good old times

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

How fun is it that we've had 2 LFL pre-release threads with the total of 800-or-so pages full of literal shit :toofunny:

Good old times

Bro you should apply for an archeology course cause this is a++ post exhumation 

ZKcaooE.png

I'm becoming convinced that Honeymoon is her de facto best album. Each of the songs (except Freak) have such a timeless and transcendental essence to them. She does so much with so little, and she does it profoundly.

It's kinda sad how quickly her fans overlook and write off the record. It takes a while to get into it, but it's so worth it.

All time favourite. Second half of the album is a masterpiece. Will never be forgotten.

Honestly, if I wasn't a crazy stan I'd be a little dissapointed with LFL. It just feels like such a downgrade compared to Honeymoon. I love both, but HM is just her best project by far and I doubt I'll ever be THAT bewitched again.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif