annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

As much as I love Honeymoon, I still have trouble relating to what I think the record is actually about... With Ultraviolence, it took me about a week to see a kind of bigger picture in the 11 tracks ( deluxe were JUST AS GOOD THOUGH!) but with Honeymoon, I still don't know. Is it about Love and Time? Fame? Obsession? Lana to me always has a vision about the story the record is telling, but shes not one to be like "This record is about ___" ya know? None of her albums are true concept albums or linear stories, but still.

Any ideas would be great. 

When I first heard Honeymoon, I did think it was better than UV though. To me, its a softer, more melancholy record. Like, to me, it inspires soft resignation, whereas Ultraviolence inspires a dark apathy. Salvatore is still one of her best tracks ever and totally unexpected for her. It should've got a video.

You don't realize just how perfect a summer album Honeymoon is until you're out in the humid heat on a sunny day. With the sun shining its brightest 3:41 pm in the afternoon and you're out doing chores like feeding the cat, the heat begins to set in depending where your standing with a slight breeze, you begin to realize how perfect a summer album Honeymoon truly is. I can picture Lana recording some of these songs in similar weather conditions, with an ac kicking at full capacity.

Yesss!! I love playing it on my beats pill when i'm out sunbathing. My neighbours hate me.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Although I don't like Honeymoon as much as Born To Die, Paradise and Ultraviolence, for some reason it is my favourite Lana album to listen to on vinyl. Like, it sounds so much better that way, it's an actual experience! Especially The Blackest Day, it's just WOW!

And I'm not an audiophile or anything, I mostly buy records just because I like collecting them.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I made so many memories with this album, is not the worst as so many people say, is a great album and for me it always sounds so fresh

tumblr_onl7kjm7SV1rr0bkio3_250.gif