annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I have a question - In the Honeymoon booklet there's this picture of a lyric on it of Salvatore, she's busy with her makeup and there's a map in front of her. Where can I found the HQ version without the lyric? Sorry if off-topic  :defeated:

I have a question - In the Honeymoon booklet there's this picture of a lyric on it of Salvatore, she's busy with her makeup and there's a map in front of her. Where can I found the HQ version without the lyric? Sorry if off-topic  :defeated:

820944366d6a6fc2d7f92f8132c0ce17.jpg

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

I'm finding it hard to enjoy Lust for Life after we've been blessed with Honeymoon. The lyrics improved, but the sound and atmosphere are completly different from what I wished. I always loved Lana for writing about her imaginary world, her introspective side was what made me a real fan. These reality-aware songs on this new album don't give me the same feelings. In Honeymoon, Lana says "we both know that it's not fashionable to love me, but you don't go 'cause trully there's nobody for you but me". For me as a fan, this is really true, but when even Lana stops being there to feed your introspective personality to make something more society-relevant, what's left? Even if many songs in Lust for Life are still introspective, the fact that most of them are so upbeat makes them not to transmit to me that atmosphere I love so much about Lana and that was all over UV and Honeymoon.

We both know that it's not fashionable to love me...

her best album

point cut down line and dry y'all can;t make my factual statement waver.

TEA it get so much hate it doesnt deserve it, the amount of ppl that call it boring smh.

I don't understand why you would call Honeymoon boring. Yes, it's something different compared to her other albums, but it's definitely not terrible or boring. I actually like the fact some songs are connected, like Freak and Art Deco? I think that the whole album is beautiful, if we forget the existence of that horrible cover of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood.

I don't understand why you would call Honeymoon boring. Yes, it's something different compared to her other albums, but it's definitely not terrible or boring. I actually like the fact some songs are connected, like Freak and Art Deco? I think that the whole album is beautiful, if we forget the existence of that horrible cover of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood.

yesss, the instrumentals for honeymoon are amazing, the story is great and the album as a whole is so idk calming ig 

giphy.gif

I don't want to call it terrible, but for me, Honeymoon ends in Swan Song and I pretend that DLMBM is like a bonus track lmao. I also forget the existence of Burnt Norton Interlude. The concept is nice and original and we all love her speaking voice, as everyone has said before, but I think I haven't heard that one since the album was released. Dead space. 

I meant "original" for Lana btw

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif