Photo

Honeymoon (Post-Release and Discussion Thread)

• Please log in to reply
2909 replies to this topic

#2901 OFFLINE   cashcomesquick

cashcomesquick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Time Online: 49d 13m 40s

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:59 PM

i listen to a song from honeymoon at least once a day. it's chicken soup for the soul, gentle masterpiece :crying4:

This doesnโ€™t work for me. I always have to listen to the whole album in order to feel its magic
  • Terrence Loves Me likes this

#2902 OFFLINE   DAMN

DAMN

Kungfu Kenny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 74d 2h 33m 9s

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:25 AM

Soooo I went to a cruise for the first time (Carnival's Paradise) and went from Tampa to Cozumel Mexico. On the way back (2 days ago) i decided to go to the back outside and watch the sunset in the middle of the ocean and listen to music while my fam was doing other stuff.

I've been rather down the past year and a half (failed, short relationships, finding out my personal information was stolen since 2015 LOL, struggling with money & budget, accommodating to a larger university, being 21, family in PR struggling after the hurricane and all other family drama indirectly annoying me, etcc).

Now most of the music I listen to is sad and moody and Ive heard God Knows Ive Tried a million times already.

But that shit hit me hard. I started to cry. Ive never cried to a song, and much less its really hard for me to cry over anything. I understood what Lana meant and felt when she made this song, especially watching a tequila sun"set"

Bless this entire album, its honestly shines trough in her discography

q5951sh.jpg

• cashcomesquick, LAman, riina and 3 others like this

Posted Image

#2903 OFFLINE   LOVE

LOVE

it's enough

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationDown on the West Coast...
  • Fan Since:July 2014
  • Time Online: 16d 9h 51m 20s

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:01 AM

Soooo I went to a cruise for the first time (Carnival's Paradise) and went from Tampa to Cozumel Mexico. On the way back (2 days ago) i decided to go to the back outside and watch the sunset in the middle of the ocean and listen to music while my fam was doing other stuff.

I've been rather down the past year and a half (failed, short relationships, finding out my personal information was stolen since 2015 LOL, struggling with money & budget, accommodating to a larger university, being 21, family in PR struggling after the hurricane and all other family drama indirectly annoying me, etcc).

Now most of the music I listen to is sad and moody and Ive heard God Knows Ive Tried a million times already.

But that shit hit me hard. I started to cry. Ive never cried to a song, and much less its really hard for me to cry over anything. I understood what Lana meant and felt when she made this song, especially watching a tequila sun"set"

this whole story is so moving and touching. nothing really is more special than when a piece of artwork, a song in this case, can really reach into you and touch your soul: you finally realize you can never listen to something the same again. i hope lana's music can continue to be a source of salvation and peace for you, thank you so much for sharing :heart:

sometimes i feel like im the only one who gets emotionally invested in songs because it just isnt talked about nearly enough!!

• LAman, DAMN, Clampigirl and 1 other like this

i was born bad...eCFwUoJ.gif... but then i met you

#2904 ONLINE   LAman

LAman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 37d 21h 35m 5s

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:44 AM

It feels good to know that even if we are going through tough times, we can have moments like this because of Lana's music. And it's true, HM is a really special album, nothing like it. Listening to it by the ocean brings me to a higher place (sounds cheesy but it's true)

• DAMN and LaMartine like this

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

#2905 OFFLINE   t-raider26

t-raider26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada
  • Time Online: 20d 13h 45m 32s

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:50 AM

Just relistened to this album today, and I can honestly say that God Knows I Tried is her best vocal performance on any album. And quite possibly best lyrically.
  • DAMN, LOVE, Lauren Bacall and 2 others like this

#2906 OFFLINE   DAMN

DAMN

Kungfu Kenny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 74d 2h 33m 9s

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:54 PM

this whole story is so moving and touching. nothing really is more special than when a piece of artwork, a song in this case, can really reach into you and touch your soul: you finally realize you can never listen to something the same again. i hope lana's music can continue to be a source of salvation and peace for you, thank you so much for sharing :heart:

sometimes i feel like im the only one who gets emotionally invested in songs because it just isnt talked about nearly enough!!

thank you, it was a total shift in the way i appreciate music. like i surprised myself, bc like i said, ive heard the song tons of times and i didn't felt anything, but i needed that.

It feels good to know that even if we are going through tough times, we can have moments like this because of Lana's music. And it's true, HM is a really special album, nothing like it. Listening to it by the ocean brings me to a higher place (sounds cheesy but it's true)

yess i agree, i get why she writes so much music by the ocean. i wonder if she's been on a cruise, in the middle of the sea with nothing by water and sky in the view

• LAman, LOVE and LaMartine like this

Posted Image

#2907 OFFLINE   toshi

toshi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK
  • Time Online: 17d 10h 34m

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

I listen to the album like everyday, I love it! Like I don't listen to the whole album everyday but many of the songs.

• DAMN and LaMartine like this

qsVmBMd.png

#2908 OFFLINE   Liability

Liability

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationListening to Melodrama
  • Fan Since:conception
  • Time Online: 10h 5m 7s

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:43 PM

Honestly The Blackest Day is one of the best songs she's made

• cashcomesquick, DAMN, SlowGinFizzzz and 3 others like this

#2909 OFFLINE   Clampigirl

Clampigirl

Rose garden wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Fan Since:Early 2013?
  • Time Online: 44d 12h 44m 27s

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

Got a slight headache after too little sleep and hours of calculating. Listened to Honeymoon on the bus home and it was suddenly gone.
Only Lana can heal me. :flutter:
  • cashcomesquick, mid july, LaMartine and 1 other like this

HgPj7Wf.jpg

#2910 ONLINE   salvatore

salvatore

๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ Yosemite Cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationTropic of Cancer
  • Time Online: 39d 9h 32m 9s

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:08 AM

Honeymoon, Music To Watch Boys To, Terrence Loves Me, God Knows I Tried, Art Deco, Salvatore, Religion, The Blackest Day, and Swan Song STAY being absolutely INCREDIBLE

we STAN

• DominicMars, LOVE and LaMartine like this

๐“ฒ๐“ถ ๐“ฐ๐“ธ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ  gmagik.gifalien_salvatore_gif_RESIZED.gifgmagik.gif๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฒ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ผ 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users