annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

i listened to this album for the first time in a while stoned, and i gotta say i really get the whole thing now. its so calm and serene and literally feels like a honeymoon. its quite an escapist album and it works well. its still probably my least fav album of hers but its still really good

i listened to this album for the first time in a while stoned, and i gotta say i really get the whole thing now. its so calm and serene and literally feels like a honeymoon. its quite an escapist album and it works well. its still probably my least fav album of hers but its still really good

See you in a few months when it’s your fave and you have found the light. @@Wynwood can confirm this

this album has really stood the test of time, I go back to it constantly. I like that it's more somber than Lust For Life. Terrence Loves You's bridge still gives me all the feels. deserved a video

I feel like Honeymoon was the record that really allowed Lana to be herself and was a platform through which she could communicate her internal struggle of the whole persona of Lana Del Rey versus Elizabeth Woolridge Grant. The lyrical parallels in some songs (HBTB and PMIAM from AKA) and themes from songs like GKIT and Swan Song really show this struggle I feel. 

The whole record deals with themes of escapism and voyeurism, feeling like you're being watched, and living out fantasies of your own downtime and freedom. The visuals for this era also convey this, what with the whole Starline tours bus - showing Lana, a star herself, literally surrounded in a world of stars, but the obvious factor is that these kinds of Hollywood tours are for the average person, which I think subtly but brilliantly shows the way in which Lana both objectively and personally views herself. 

I think out of all her discography, Honeymoon is THE record that she probably let the most go with; she really seemed like she was having a lot of fun with the whole process of creating it and the lyrics are more a tool for imagery rather than narrative, which paints a beautiful picture for the listener. It truly is a shame that it is so under-appreciated by her fanbase.

I think the main encompassing feeling and vibe throughout the record is Lana's interpretation of jazz and timelessness, and what the definition of timelessness is, sonically speaking. 

It's so soft and lush too. Someone else said it in another thread, and I completely agree with them - there are so many layers to it, you're definitely going to continue to discover different sounds and instruments the more you listen to the songs and even the instrumentals. 

I just love Honeymoon so much - it's my favourite Lana album. 

giphy.gif

Bitch that's one of the best analysys I've ever seen

Who is thinking that Swan Song is trash, fight with me.

who thinks that swan song is trash probably smokes shit

who thinks that swan song is trash probably smokes shit

right sis, I love taste

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I feel like Honeymoon was the record that really allowed Lana to be herself and was a platform through which she could communicate her internal struggle of the whole persona of Lana Del Rey versus Elizabeth Woolridge Grant. The lyrical parallels in some songs (HBTB and PMIAM from AKA) and themes from songs like GKIT and Swan Song really show this struggle I feel. 

The whole record deals with themes of escapism and voyeurism, feeling like you're being watched, and living out fantasies of your own downtime and freedom. The visuals for this era also convey this, what with the whole Starline tours bus - showing Lana, a star herself, literally surrounded in a world of stars, but the obvious factor is that these kinds of Hollywood tours are for the average person, which I think subtly but brilliantly shows the way in which Lana both objectively and personally views herself. 

I think out of all her discography, Honeymoon is THE record that she probably let the most go with; she really seemed like she was having a lot of fun with the whole process of creating it and the lyrics are more a tool for imagery rather than narrative, which paints a beautiful picture for the listener. It truly is a shame that it is so under-appreciated by her fanbase.

I think the main encompassing feeling and vibe throughout the record is Lana's interpretation of jazz and timelessness, and what the definition of timelessness is, sonically speaking. 

It's so soft and lush too. Someone else said it in another thread, and I completely agree with them - there are so many layers to it, you're definitely going to continue to discover different sounds and instruments the more you listen to the songs and even the instrumentals. 

I just love Honeymoon so much - it's my favourite Lana album. 

yes yes yes

I listened to the entirety of Honeymoon last night with surround sound, noise cancelling ear-muff style headphones and I actually heard so many things that I forgot about when I would normally listen to it on vinyl or standard earbuds. 

The production is so articulate and truly her best, there are some hidden details that you will miss if you're listening with earbuds. Her vocals are absolutely phenomenal.

I just love Honeymoon so much, it truly is, in my opinion, her best work. 

deserved #1 over Drake & Future's collab project