annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Yeah..Honeymoon is like that mid-august really hot summer afternoon while lust for life is a windy and sunny  spring morning/noon 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

you meant the opposite

LFL is OBVIOUSLY spring. the flowers in the hair, "roses bloom for you", her feelings "blooming" again

RBFY isnt on LFL so therefore LFL is a summer album bc of tracks like SB and Coachella, the overall upbeatess of it goes along with the upbeatness of summer.

Honeymoon the song talks about flowers a lot and the softness of every single track matches the slow but sultry vibes that spring entails

RBFY isnt on LFL so therefore LFL is a summer album bc of tracks like SB and Coachella, the overall upbeatess of it goes along with the upbeatness of summer.

Honeymoon the song talks about flowers a lot and the softness of every single track matches the slow but sultry vibes that spring entails

not to mention she literally commented on a  img "the album is sooo summmerrry i luv it"

now i think not

the soft and minimalist coolness of the production feels like a spring BREEZE.

tenor.gif?itemid=10353356

I mean hell look at the HBTB mv, that screams late may to mid june AKA SPRING over anything in July, mid summer is a heat you can't sweat out, it's bass-boosted car rides and late night fun at parties, it's letting your mind breathe but also grow freely aka LfL, Summer Bummer, IMF, CWIMM, TNC, GF

HM is a sunny, maybe partly cloudy (however it's the BIG clouds, huge n white) day with a gentle cool breeze, it smells like flowers and lemonade with a bit of alcohol- stripes are a common theme. It's the kinda day you spend going to get coffee at a local cafe, taking a ride down for a late morning/noon movie watch to get a bigass cola, and then spending afternoon on a grassy hill overlooking the ocean with a simple picnic to tan n play music on a little bluetooth speaker before taking a smooth ride to get like a milkshake and then go hang out w more friends at somebodies house until 11pm, which you go home and take a full on bath w a face mask n cleanser

Honeymoon is THAT type of day wrapped into one full fuckin album and THATS the tea.

On the topic of seasons, strangely enough, I find myself gravitating towards listening to the records more often in various months, rather than seasons.

BTD = November, December, January, February, March

PD = August, September

UV = January, April, May, June, July, August

HM = November, April, May

LFL (so far seems like) = May, June, July, August, September, October 

Honeymoon is very spring-like, but The Blackest Day, for me, can be listened to in any season.

The beats feel very fall/winter, whereas the guitars and nostalgia feel summery, and the track itself just seems like a metaphor for a new beginning, whether that be positive or negative, which fits spring.

Snatchtore live is so so amazing :defeated:

Those vocals :defeated: I love how she forgot it was "cacciatore" in the chorus though lmao. is it just me that pays attention to the lyrics she forgets live? (not during Salvatore though). She'll sing other lines out of nowhere "Diamonds, I lost my friends and Bel Air now", "But you just stay lined up 'cause what can you do?", I always think of potential demos with those alternate lyrics when she does that.

OMG I never imagined some people would say HM was her spring album. This is the most summery thing that exists imo. And one of the greatest pop album of the decade century.

(Honeymoon / Freak / Gkit / 24 etc are like when you're "exhaustedly" hot.)

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

OMG I just listened to Honeymoon from start to finish after quite some time and let me just tell you..for the whole 1h and 5 minutes my body was covered in goosebumps. I had my eyes closed pretty much the whole time and I got transcended. Fuck that was incredible, what a masterpiece.  :defeated: Now I really can't decide which is my favourite album, Honeymoon or Ultraviolence 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

What's with the obsession of relating records to seasons? I understand it in a way, but.. idk. I feel like music is for any time. I get it but I don't. Then again I don't really get into the seasons I feel the same through the whole year lmao