annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Anyway just passing by to state again that Honeymoon can easily be considered her best album :trisha:  and if you hate this album you have no taste AT ALL, I'll pray for you though , you and your ugly twink taste ! don't worry  :hottie:

i will love you until the end of time.

god knows i tried

religion

salvatore

the blackest day

are still A and S tier songs

thank you x

My favorite Lana album hands down. 

Swan Song

The Blackest Day

Honeymoon
Terrence Loves You

Freak 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

This album came out at an important time for me (my mom passed away a couple of months later), and it has helped me grieve. It is a masterpiece, one that needs to be listened to when you are in a quiet place. I love that she recently called that album her «vanity project». There are so many subtleties and layers to the melodies, and so many powerful moments as well (The Blackest Day, 24, God Knows I Tried, Religion, to name a few). I loved the stormy feeling of UV, but I must admit that UV can get me down a bit, as opposed to HM, which I can listen to no matter what I do or how I feel. This album channels so much the Old Hollywood and California vibes. It is her most underrated gem. And I love that some stans don't get it lol.

This album came out at an important time for me (my mom passed away a couple of months later), and it has helped me grieve. It is a masterpiece, one that needs to be listened to when you are in a quiet place. I love that she recently called that album her «vanity project». There are so many subtleties and layers to the melodies, and so many powerful moments as well (The Blackest Day, 24, God Knows I Tried, Religion, to name a few). I loved the stormy feeling of UV, but I must admit that UV can get me down a bit, as opposed to HM, which I can listen to no matter what I do or how I feel. This album channels so much the Old Hollywood and California vibes. It is her most underrated gem. And I love that some stans don't get it lol.

I’m sorry for your loss. Tons of love ❤️❤️

Ok, I'll say it.

Swan Song and DLMBM are amazing, but bad treated. Honeymoon is perfect (not as UV) and it doesn't has a bad song. That's the #Fact. x

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

ive been listening to this on tape in my car and its so good. this album is definitely lana saying she wants to be chill AF and if yer not chill AF u can get TF out. 

SOOO GOOD. 

sry i used to hate on this album

i love it 100% now

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

​It​ bears repeating-

Born to Die was the best Lana Del Rey album

then came Paradise being even, if that is possible, better

Paradise was the best Lana Del Rey album

then came Ultraviolence being even, if that is possible, better

Ultraviolence was the best Lana Del Rey album

then came Honeymoon being even, if that was possible, better

Honeymoon was the best Lana Del Rey album

then came Lust for Life

Lust for Life is the best Elizabeth Grant album, featuring at times, Lana Del Rey

Lana is only partially on Lust for Life, therefore...

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

​It​ bears repeating-

Born to Die was the best Lana Del Rey album

then came Paradise being even, if that is possible, better

Paradise was the best Lana Del Rey album

then came Ultraviolence being even, if that is possible, better

Ultraviolence was the best Lana Del Rey album

then came Honeymoon being even, if that was possible, better

Honeymoon was the best Lana Del Rey album

then came Lust for Life

Lust for Life is the best Elizabeth Grant album, featuring at times, Lana Del Rey

Lana is only partially on Lust for Life, therefore...

wut

giphy.gif

I drove home from my job an hour away to this album so many times. I fell more in love with it every day

MTWBT reintroduced me to Lana after not seriously listening since Paradise. It's so dreamy and easy to get lost in

Honeymoon reminds me of falling in love. He'd better not taint it for me 

24 & Salvatore approach a serious subject without taking themselves too seriously, I think. 'You're hard to reach- you're cold to the touch' is SO GOOD

TBD & Swan Song I've belted along to more times than I can count. The end of TBD still kills me, as does all of GKIT

The bridge of Terrence Loves You is perfect

I think it ties with Paradise as my fav album/era, for completely different reasons but that's what I love about Lana. Each era is so distinct & likable in its own way (well... hopefully we return to distinctly sounding eras  :creep:)

tumblr_m11yve4noX1r1o1p8o1_500.jpg

Listening to Honeymoon on vinyl on a hot summer morning and it feels like my first time listening to it all over again  :defeated: how does it still sound so fresh after almost 3 years? Honestly one of the most beautiful records ever created  :legend:

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

I listened to it again yesterday, and I thought it sounded more magical and nostalgic than ever... and I was thinking how on Earth can someone make something so beautiful and classy. I never get tired of listening to it. It is beyond me how some people still don't like it.

I'm sure many years from now, it will be considered one of her best, if not the best album she ever created. Pure magic.

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

Every time I hold the Vinyl in my hands I get a magical feeling again. Idk what it exactly is, but this album is something special. I guess now we can be kinda happy that she never really promoted it or gave it huge attention because it's still so special because of that. Untouched in a way.